Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    And then you went on without hesitation to point out it was directed at him and blaming me for pointing out what CT wrote. And now you are even publicly writing "I was trying not to say anything that would cause him to accuse me of attacking him personally." If you were really trying to avoid that situation, you would have not have written it here.
    I'll leave you two to work this out, Charles.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I'll leave you two to work this out, Charles.
      No need to. I have already done so and your answer seems to suggest you had nothing of substance to provide when adressing the point.

Comment

No need to. I have already done so and your answer seems to suggest you had nothing of substance to provide when adressing the point.
        You're right, Charles. You're always right.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I realize you have this deep seated need to get in everybody else's business, Charles, but I was addressing Jim, not the good folks at CT.
          So, unlike Trump you do not believe that CT are radical left?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...9-12?r=US&IR=T

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...9-12?r=US&IR=T
            This may come as a shock to you, Charles, but I disagree with Trump on a whole range of things.

Now, so that you don't come back with accusations that I failed to answer your question --- yes.

Comment

I think it is worth quoting what Trump said about CT (calling it "ET"):

"A far-left magazine, or very progressive, as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn't been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather.........have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President. No President has done more for the Evangelical community, and it's not even close. You'll not get anything from those Dems on stage. I won't be reading ET [sic] again!" https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...9-12?r=US&IR=T

Comment

This may come as a shock to you, Charles, but I disagree with Trump on a whole range of things.
                I mostly hear you pointing that out when asked and it is often a rather superficial criticism but I know you sometimes point out you disagree.

Now, so that you don't come back with accusations that I failed to answer your question --- yes.
                I suppose you meant to answer the question with a "No" and not a "Yes"?

Comment

I think it is worth quoting what Trump said about CT (calling it "ET"):
                  I'm mildly amused that you find ANYTHING Trump said "worth quoting".

He's a boob - he says dumb things.

Comment

I suppose you meant to answer the question with a "No" and not a "Yes"?
                    Incorrect. You asked....

YES, unlike Trump I do NOT believe that CT are radical left.

Comment

I'm mildly amused that you find ANYTHING Trump said "worth quoting".

He's a boob - he says dumb things.
                      It is definitely worth quoting. It is rather interesting to see a person in need of so many genetic fallacies and so openly giving away "the deal". It is not only "dumb". It is so much more than that.

Comment

It is definitely worth quoting. It is rather interesting to see a person in need of so many genetic fallacies and so openly giving away "the deal". It is not only "dumb". It is so much more than that.
                        Quite frequently, yes.

Comment

Incorrect. You asked....

YES, unlike Trump I do NOT believe that CT are radical left.
                          Wouldn't you normally answer such questions with a "No, unlike Trump I do NOT believe that CT are radical left."? or just simply a "No"?

Comment

Wouldn't you normally answer such questions with a "No, unlike Trump I do NOT believe that CT are radical left."? or just simply a "No"?
                            No. You're not aware of the problem of double negatives? Yes, we have no bananas.

Comment

No. You're not aware of the problem of double negatives? Yes, we have no bananas.
                              So, you mean to imply that if someone asks if we have more bananas and I answer: "No, we have no bananas" then I imply we have more bananas?

Comment

So, you mean to imply that if someone asks if we have more bananas and I answer: "No, we have no bananas" then I imply we have more bananas?
                                Yes, Charles. That is what that means. And who cares. CP answered your question and there is no need to harp on it.

Sheesh.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment