Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Real Clear Average - Polling for Support of Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Or another favorite of mine:

"You're a boor! If I was your wife, I would poison your tea!"
    "And if you were my wife, madam, I would drink it."

And who can forget his answer when asked to say something about a political detractor:

"A modest man, who has much to be modest about."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And who can forget his answer when asked to say something about a political detractor:

If I'm remembering my history correctly, Churchill had a stutter and a fear of public speaking, and so his solution was to study his opponent's positions in great detail and then memorize rejoinders that he could wield at a moment's notice, giving him the appearance of having a quick and effortless wit
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

OR the one where a man felt his head, and said "your head is as soft as my wife's bottom".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          OR the one where a man felt his head, and said "your head is as soft as my wife's bottom".

And... and?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And... and?
            I was gonna let you finish it. You're my cleanup man!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I never heard those second two. Thanks :).

Comment

So, Churchill felt his own head, and said, "you're right, it does feel like your wife's bottom".

Comment

I was gonna let you finish it. You're my cleanup man!
                  After talking about someone's bottom and then saying I'm the "cleanup man"

This does not bode well.

Comment

So, Churchill felt his own head, and said, "you're right, it does feel like your wife's bottom".

Fetch me the fainting couch!

Comment

• 538 now shows just over 50% support for removal. See second graph at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                        538 now shows just over 50% support for removal. See second graph at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/
                        Real Clear Politics AVERAGE shows it leveled off, and is heading back down.

2020-01-09.jpg

Comment

Real Clear Politics AVERAGE shows it leveled off, and is heading back down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41957[/ATTACH]
                          They are still factoring in mostly polls which are almost a month old by now (they tell you the polling data they are considering at the top) unlike the 538 one which continues to add in newer polls. If my guess as to how they are averaging these polls is correct I would expect the support to continue to drop and then rise again unless they start adding in some newer polls.

But this thread is about RCP not 538 so I'll hold my tongue on this matter going forward :).

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            They are still factoring in mostly polls which are almost a month old by now (they tell you the polling data they are considering at the top) unlike the 538 one which continues to add in newer polls. If my guess as to how they are averaging these polls is correct I would expect the support to continue to drop and then rise again unless they start adding in some newer polls.

But this thread is about RCP not 538 so I'll hold my tongue on this matter going forward :).
                            Naw, it's OK.... I only put this out there to show those who were screaming "but over HALF THE COUNTRY....".....

In fact, it's not about what polls say about what the people think -- we are not a democracy, so it's up to our elected leaders because we are a representative republic.

Comment

• So, update info, and it's still not looking so good for the "overwhelming support of the American people" to impeach and remove.

impeach.jpg

Comment

• More recent polling info in.....

impeach.jpg

It will be interesting to see if anybody's minds are changed when this gets all warmed over again in the Senate.

But, note --- it was ENTIRELY on partisan lines that it moved from the House to the Senate, despite Nancy's assurances that it needed to be broadly bipartisan.

Comment