Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Pelosi is doing a decent job of riding the avalanche, IMO; I'm not sure anyone else could be doing any better.
    Hollering 'yeehaw' and shooting off a mortar kinda started the main fall, however....
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      When did you change your mind? A couple months back you were arguing that the fact the Senate wouldn't convict didn't matter because 'principle'.
      If they feel as though they can get away with a sham trial and exoneration, then they will definitely go for it. They're doing their darndest to pull it off!
      Weeks of closed door testimony followed by weeks of Kangaroo Theater, plus shrill cries of 'crisis' have mostly turned voters sour on the mess - what miracle are you expecting the Senate to produce?
      That's just the false spin, the conservative talking points, Tea. Closed door hearings doesn't mean that republicans were locked out, they weren't, though many refused to even participate. The purpose of closed door hearings was to insure that witnesses couldn't coordinate their respective testimony. But, the miracle I expect is for the republicans to actually seek the truth rather than to work to cover it up. What is it about direct testimony and documentary evidence being admissable that you Trumpsters are in fear of? C'mon now, be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Wait I might have misread your post upon re-reading it, I intitiallyt read it as "provide evidence except such thing as Hunter Biden"

If so I will go look it up.
        I read it as 'except' as well.

Sorry, DO.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Glad to see that you at least admit that the Ukraine call was not perfect. Baby steps!
          I never thought it was - I'm just not irrational enough to think it was even remotely impeachable.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Aw, you're only saying that because you know how weak the case for impeachment is.
            No MM. I'm saying that because the current president with the GOP have made a mockery of critical elements of what has made this country truly different from others for over 200 years. And the truth is they could not have been successful without a large number of US citizens being willing to play the game and look the other way.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Jim, rewriting history doesn't actually change it. You do remember your outrage when the Republicans stormed Schiff's basement, right?
              Yes, I do remember the feigned outrage, unfortunately republicans have found that those kind of histrionics work on their biased base. Don't you realize that they simply organized that charade for tv, for you, to make you think that they were locked out of the process? They weren't!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                What the democrats are worried about is exactly what McConnell said, that he, along with the great majority of republicans, intends to violate his oath to the Constitution as well as to the Senate trial rules in order to hide relevant facts, hide the whole truth from the American people, and possibly get those few on the fence republicans to go along with the sham. What democrats want is for the American people to see the facts, to know the truth, regardless of what the republicans verdict is. Wouldn't you like to hear from direct witnesses and see all the relevant documentary evidence? Of course you wouldn't, we already know that.
                But you said there were enough "principled" Republicans that acquittal in the Senate wasn't a foregone conclusion.

So what are you worried about?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  No MM. I'm saying that because the current president with the GOP have made a mockery of critical elements of what has made this country truly different from others for over 200 years. And the truth is they could not have been successful without a large number of US citizens being willing to play the game and look the other way.
                  Iron E.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You don't have any room to complain since you cheered on the circus in the House that would make a kangaroo court look like the epitome of proper judicial decorum.

And please stop pretending that you care about the constitution given the contemptuous way you treated it during the circus in the House. You aren't fooling anyone and I suspect if you were honest with yourself that includes you as well.

The smartest thing for the Democrats to do would be to withdraw the articles and start afresh with Adam Schiff kept locked in his basement during the entire process.
                    Yes I do. Because Trump has committed multiple impeachable acts, and the elements of the house side of this you are complaining about are simply what had to be done to hold back the cover up and willingness to take action to obstruct this investigation.

Your complaints are all con artist spin. It's the Criminal manipulating the system to stay out of jail.

You are only complaining about what the house did because they kept the republicans from getting away with even more obstruction on behalf of your. Criminal president. There is no real interest in what is good, right, or constitutional on display by those backing Trump.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      But you said there were enough "principled" Republicans that acquittal in the Senate wasn't a foregone conclusion.

So what are you worried about?
                      Maybe if you read my answer again it'll make its way through a chink in your armor. I'll not hold my breath though.

Comment

• New reporting indicates some very bad news for Trump.

Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans, and likely more, will vote to call witnesses. In addition to Senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Mitt Romney of Utah and possibly Cory Gardner of Colorado, the White House also views Rand Paul of Kentucky as a "wild card" and Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee as an "institutionalist" who might vote to call witnesses, as one official put it.

But please continue telling me about how hopeless Pelosi is and how much she bungled things.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          And NASA faked the moon landings!

The Democrats will have the opportunity to present the very best opening argument they can. Do you think it will be convincing?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Pelosi is doing a decent job of riding the avalanche, IMO; I'm not sure anyone else could be doing any better.
                            More like Slim Pickens riding the atomic bomb.

Comment

Hollering 'yeehaw' and shooting off a mortar kinda started the main fall, however....
                              What does what I did for New Years Eve have to do with anything?

In other news, Mr. McGillicuddy and I have come to terms about replacing his garage. Maybe I shouldn't have used a live round. Anywho, good thing the garage isn't attached to the house and was empty (his 97 Buick was in the shop at the time)smiley whew.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                New reporting indicates some very bad news for Trump.

Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans, and likely more, will vote to call witnesses. In addition to Senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Mitt Romney of Utah and possibly Cory Gardner of Colorado, the White House also views Rand Paul of Kentucky as a "wild card" and Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee as an "institutionalist" who might vote to call witnesses, as one official put it.

But please continue telling me about how hopeless Pelosi is and how much she bungled things.
                                First of all, this is just another "sources say" rumor, so who knows.

Secondly, nobody seriously believes that there is some hidden "smoking gun" evidence that will suddenly appear during the trial as if this is an episode of Perry Mason where a surprise witness is dramatically introduced just as all seems lost.

Comment