Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Tea, you've been saying that for nearly 2 years now. It isn't democrats who are beginning to regret her speakership, it's you republicans who were hoping she wouldn't be speaker in the first place. In other words, you're projecting.
    No, I've been saying for about seven months that Pelosi has completely lost control of the House - and I'm seeing the same theme reflected in the media, even a bit on the left. Impeachment was a really stupid thing to do, and Pelosi knew it - but she caved to her freshmen and bought into Schiff's fantasy.

She was once competent as Speaker - now she's a joke to her own party. It's really sad. That it's likely to get much worse makes it even sadder. I didn't agree with her politically, but I did respect her. This is no way to end a career - and make no mistake, her career is coming to an end.

Open your eyes - the obsession with Trump has allowed the Democrat party to be infiltrated by leftists with evry intention of taking it over. They will destroy it from within while the rest of you blame Trump.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      False. They will allow a trial to take place if the prosecution can convince a simple majority of Senators that one is warranted.

Do you think they can do it?
      Such smugness in the light of a group of senators that have snubbed their nose at the constitution. You do realize you are rejoicing in the failure of the constitution - right?

So it is unlikely they will. This is a Kangaroo court. Their goal is to protect the president and secure their power, not submit to the rule of law or defend the constitution.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        OK Here is what I meant about the democrats not letting the Republicans question witnesses properly:

https://nypost.com/2019/11/19/adam-s...ent-witnesses/

I also recall that everytime a Republican was trying to question a witness (like the law professors) the democrats like Schiff kept interrupting them and playing such games.

I also remember that Nunes provided a list of witnesses such as Hunter Biden to Schiff and they were denied.
        https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XJ0FK

I don't recall ANY republican witnesses being allowed other than the one law professor. Do you? If so, let me know who they were.
        He blocked requests for several witnesses including Ciaramella, the so-called "whistleblower," and person who started the whole thing, likely because he was scared that Republicans would ask questions about his contact with Schiff and his staff before he filed his complaint.

Schiff also repeatedly coached witnesses while they testified. He wouldn't ask them to explain or elaborate but instead would straight out tell them what they meant by what they had said.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Such smugness in the light of a group of senators that have snubbed their nose at the constitution. You do realize you are rejoicing in the failure of the constitution - right?

So it is unlikely they will. This is a Kangaroo court. Their goal is to protect the president and secure their power, not submit to the rule of law or defend the constitution.
          Aw, you're only saying that because you know how weak the case for impeachment is.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

You don't have any room to complain since you cheered on the circus in the House that would make a kangaroo court look like the epitome of proper judicial decorum.

And please stop pretending that you care about the constitution given the contemptuous way you treated it during the circus in the House. You aren't fooling anyone and I suspect if you were honest with yourself that includes you as well.

The smartest thing for the Democrats to do would be to withdraw the articles and start afresh with Adam Schiff kept locked in his basement during the entire process.
            Last edited by rogue06; 01-13-2020, 03:04 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You don't have any room to complain since you cheered on the circus in the House that would make a kangaroo court look like the epitome of proper judicial decorum.

And please stop pretending that you care about the constitution given the contemptuous way you treated it during the circus in the House. You aren't fooling anyone and I suspect if you were honest with yourself that includes you as well.

The smartest thing for the Democrats to do would be to withdraw the articles and start afresh with Adam Schiff kept locked in his basement during the entire process.
              I am sure they could find some way to work in the Soleimani thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                BTW I'm hearing talk that Schiff is going to the impeachment manager for the Dems. Thrilled. Will the Republicans be able to appoint someone of similar caliber?
                I hope not. I would be ashamed to have someone like Schiff as a leader of my party.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I think it's more a case that Democrats see their party imploding and are desperately looking for someone to blame. Pelosi is proving to be a convenient target because she seems to have lost control of the House, though I'm not certain the blame is entirely on her.
                  I'll grant that to an extent. I think she's more than a convenient target, though - her incompetent missteps have contributed greatly to her party's destructive path.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Nope, i don't believe it's a forgone conclusion, there are one or two principled republicans in the Senate and a few with tough upcoming elections who can't just look the other way when it comes time to vote on allowing witnesses and documentary evidence at trial since that is what some 70% of the people want. But, the allowing new evidence is not just to convince republican senators, it's to convince the real jury which is the american people one way or the other. That's what you republicans are mostly concerned about. If the trial evinces the Presidents guilt, the you can't so easily aquit if the American people come to know the facts. If they do, then they'll have to pay for it at the polls.
                    When did you change your mind? A couple months back you were arguing that the fact the Senate wouldn't convict didn't matter because 'principle'.

Weeks of closed door testimony followed by weeks of Kangaroo Theater, plus shrill cries of 'crisis' have mostly turned voters sour on the mess - what miracle are you expecting the Senate to produce?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I hope not. I would be ashamed to have someone like Schiff as a leader of my party.
                      So, I'm just going to make a quick point here.

I loath Mitch McConnell. Absolutely hate him. But I would never describe him as incapable. He's one of the best out there. Yet it seems like no Trump supporter can say a nice thing about Democrats which are clearly smart and capable themselves. It's one of the signs to me that your side is without merit.

In any case, Lev Parnas has now turned over "thousands" of documents to incompetent Schiff and hopeless Nancy. I'm sure they will do nothing to aide the Democrats.

Unrelated, here's a picture of Trump and Lev Parnas.

EOKm-6RWsAQZdj3.jpeg

Comment

It was a perfectly conducted and legitimate investigation, even though republicans refused to participate. And executive privilege is naught but a canard since for one thing, supoenaed witnesses are obliged to testify, and they can refuse to answer questions regarding classified information that are protected by executive privilege. And btw, these are first hand witnesses and evidence, not second and third hand hearsay evidence.
                        Yeah, 'perfect' like the Ukraine call that set the mess off! Parroting Trump is probably not a good sign...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Then what are you worried about?
                          What the democrats are worried about is exactly what McConnell said, that he, along with the great majority of republicans, intends to violate his oath to the Constitution as well as to the Senate trial rules in order to hide relevant facts, hide the whole truth from the American people, and possibly get those few on the fence republicans to go along with the sham. What democrats want is for the American people to see the facts, to know the truth, regardless of what the republicans verdict is. Wouldn't you like to hear from direct witnesses and see all the relevant documentary evidence? Of course you wouldn't, we already know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Yeah, 'perfect' like the Ukraine call that set the mess off! Parroting Trump is probably not a good sign...
                            Glad to see that you at least admit that the Ukraine call was not perfect. Baby steps!

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              If you can show me documentation that the Democrats wouldn't let Republicans call relevant witnesses (e.g. not Hunter Biden) I'll join you in condemning them. Same for preventing them from interviewing relevant witnesses.

I want to follow the truth wherever it leads.
                              EDIT:
                              I'm not going to delete this but you can ignore it - I misread your post. Apology post below.

---------------------------

Goes to MOTIVE but you just excluded it. Whether or not there was an impermissible qpq rests on which election Trump was interested in - 2016, which is a legitimate inquiry, or 2020 which might not be (under the known facts probably not). Getting at the possible corruption in the 2016 election (remember Ukrainian meddling is established fact) seriously undermines the 'after a political rival' (never shown) narrative.

Truth may very well lead to the Biden's door - but according to you, H. Biden isn't even on the list. Riiiiiight...
                              Last edited by Teallaura; 01-13-2020, 04:22 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That's what you've been told, but it's not true. Republicans simply refused to participate and instead opted to sabotage the process and lie to the American people about it.
                                Jim, rewriting history doesn't actually change it. You do remember your outrage when the Republicans stormed Schiff's basement, right?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment