Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Exact Crime Is Trump Guilty Of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metacrock View Post
    He has broken many laws, that;s why we need to investigate, inviting foreign power to corrupt the epection is a crime.
    Many laws?
    Then you should be able to cite three. With actual cites, please?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I asked you to cite the actual law that was broken, not spin more of your wild-eyed conspiracy theories.
      Hmm, I thought you might be smart enough to figure it out by the definition I gave. Oh well, have you ever heard of the emoluments clause? Nothing of value from a foreign entity. It should also be apparent, i.e. common sense to you that a President can't call on foreign countries to investigate and convict american citizens. Which btw, Trump just did again when he suggested that the Chinese, a country who falsely accuses, convicts and imprisons its own people all the time. to also investigate Biden. You think if China wanted something from the U.S., like leverage on a trade deal perhaps, they would do the same to Biden that Trump is attempting to get Ukraine to do?
      Last edited by JimL; 10-04-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Hmm, I thought you might be smart enough to figure it out by the definition I gave. Oh well, have you ever heard of the emoluments clause? Nothing of value from a foreign entity. It should also be apparent, i.e. common sense to you that a President can't call on foreign countries to investigate and convict american citizens. Which btw, Trump just did again when he suggested that the Chinese, a country who falsely accuses, convicts and imprisons its own people all the time. to also investigate Biden. You think if China wanted something from the U.S., like leverage on a trade deal perhaps, they would do the same to Biden that Trump is attempting to get Ukraine to do?
        So when is Obama and Clinton going to prison?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So, you're incapable of producing an actual cite?

Let me give you an example:

Or even anything similar. It's not that we don't trust you, Jimmy, you're just so wrong so often on matters of law.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Or even anything similar. It's not that we don't trust you, Jimmy, you're just so wrong so often on matters of law.
            I think that's what's called argument by web link, CP. How about you explain to us what that law has to do with anything?

Comment

I think that's what's called argument by web link, CP.
              No, it's not, Jimmy - it's giving an example with accompanying explanation.

How about you explain to us what that law has to do with anything?
              Wow, you're even more dense than usual --- it's an EXAMPLE of how to use a citation for a law. Something you seem absolutely incapable of doing in ANY form.

The clue that it's an example is where I said "Let me give you an example".

Comment

Metacrock's Blog

The Religious a priori: apologetics for 21st ccentury

The Trace of God by Joseph Hinman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Many laws?
                  Then you should be able to cite three. With actual cites, please?
                  Metacrock's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    So when is Obama and Clinton going to prison?
                    Trump is guilty of crimes, Obama is guilty of being black.
                    Metacrock's Blog

Comment

• Perhaps you're unaware that you haven't actually cited any law?

Lemme help you out. You're probably attempting to cite

ETA: And you appear to have used a quote of context, if that's the law you're attempting to cite.

"Solicitation, acceptance, or receipt of contributions and donations from foreign nationals.
                      No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section."

You kinda sorta left off the "prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section".
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-04-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by metacrock View Post
                        Trump is guilty of crimes, Obama is guilty of being black.
                        Leave it to a liberal to make it about race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He answered your question you can;t accept the answer because you don't seek truth
                          Metacrock's Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Leave it to a liberal to make it about race.
                            leave it to a fascist to be dishonest about his race hatred,
                            Metacrock's Blog

Comment

He answered your question you can;t accept the answer because you don't seek truth
                              I don't trust him - he has a tendency to be very Trump-like in his bending of the truth. I want to see the law in context, with proper citation. You appear incapable of doing that also.

Gutless false accusation by a "brother Christian" duly noted.

Comment

leave it to a fascist to be dishonest about his race hatred,

You and Jimmy make good bedfellows.

Comment