Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes Mob Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So that was the favor, figure out what happened to the Crowdstrike server. Nothing about Joe Biden.
    And what makes us think Biden was going to be the Dem's candidate?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      The conspiracy theory is that Trump knows he can't beat Biden, so he's trying to sabotage his campaign to keep him from being nominated.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim, feeling unsafe doesn't mean you are unsafe. I mean really do you think Trump put a contract on him? And the whistleblower does need to come forward - Trump has every right to face his accuser...
        That is not how it works in whistle-blower cases. No-one is in trouble unless evidence of wrongdoing is found. However, it is not uncommon for there to be retaliation of some sort - even if the whistle-blower was simply mistaken, and so to encourage people to come forward, the ID of the whistle-blower is withheld - forever if need be. Again, the whistle blower is NOT an accuser. They are a person that sees something fishy going on that they believe needs to be looked into.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

doesn't matter. He is a primary candidate, and the primary threat to Trump. It is still enlisting a foreign country for aid winning an election.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The conspiracy theory is that Trump knows he can't beat Biden, so he's trying to sabotage his campaign to keep him from being nominated.
            That is just made up bovine feces. Biden IS (or was?) the front runner. So he is an obvious target of the 2020 Trump campaign. It doesn't need to be any more than that.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Jim, lawyers are given to theatrics - they love trying cases in the court of public opinion.

A) I can't find any evidence that the 'whistleblower' actually IS under "federal protection"
              2) This is what you would expect the lawyers to say to attempt to bolster their accusations against Trump.

You keep asking if others are naive.
              In this case, I'm saying it doesn't matter if the witness is under federal protection. The lawyers made the case that I am making - that Trump has threatened their client and that has created sufficient grounds of concern for his safety that this letter was written. That is all it needs to be. OTOH, do you really believe they would write a letter asking for protection and not have taken some extra measure to ensure the safety and the identity of their client given someone is offering reward money for it? If they haven't, that would be negligence.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-30-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• The ot�er thing,

---------------------------

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  In this case, I'm saying it doesn't matter if the witness is under federal protection. The lawyers made the case that I am making - that Trump has threatened their client and that has created sufficient grounds of concern for his safety that this letter was written. That is all it needs to be. OTOH, do you really believe they would write a letter asking for protection and not have taken some extra measure to ensure the safety and the identity of their client given someone is offering reward money for it? If they haven't, that would be negligence.

Jim
                  Two words, Jim.

hog and wash.

The lawyers are no dummies, and it's entirely to their benefit to create this belief that their client was so scared that they had to have protection.

But, hey -- it's working. YOU bought it!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is still enlisting a foreign country for aid winning an election.

Jim
                    You mean like what Clinton did with the Ukraine? https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      The lawyers are no dummies, and it's entirely to their benefit to create this belief that their client was so scared that they had to have protection.

We will have to agree to disagree on that point.

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-30-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

And the very next exchange following Zelenski's reply to this request for a favor is: (i.e. a continuation of the same request for favors)...
                        That's how you're choosing to read it, but the part you left out is that Zelinsky volunteered without any prompting from Trump that his people had been in contact with Rudy Giuliani and were eager to meet with him.

The background you need to be familiar with is that the Ukrainian government was stonewalled for almost two-years by the FBI and Federal prosecutors in New York when Ukrainian officials attempted to deliver evidence of Biden's dirty dealings, so Ukraine contacted the US State Department directly who in turn contacted Giuliani. So by mentioning Giuliani, Zelinsky was referring to the Biden scandal, and Trump clearly understood that.

No pressure. No coercion. Just two equals having a high context conversation.

Your paranoid delusions are preventing you from being able to see clearly.
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-30-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

You mean like what Clinton did with the Ukraine? https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446
                          Irrelevant. If I kill someone, it does not matter a hill of beans as regards my guilt or my punishment if someone else also killed someone.

Even if they somehow got away with it.

Jim

Comment

That's how you're choosing to read it, but the part you left out is that Zelinsky volunteered without any prompting from Trump that his people had been in contact with Rudy Giuliani and were eager to meet with him.

The background you need to be familiar with is that the Ukrainian government was stonewalled for almost two-years by the FBI and Federal prosecutors in New York when Ukrainian officials attempted to deliver evidence of Biden's dirty dealings, so Ukraine contacted the US State Department directly who in turn contacted Giuliani. So by mentioning Giuliani, Zelinsky was referring to the Biden scandal, and Trump clearly understood that.

No pressure. No coercion. Just two equals having a high context conversation.

The 'background' you give is the conservative media bias 'spin' on the story. I don't accept that 'spin' as an accurate reflection of the facts.

Jim

Comment

The ot�er thing,

---------------------------

Jim
                              Don't you love the way Trump suggests it isn't about himself? "They say, a lot of people are saying, there's a lot of talk about, a lot of people want to find out.

Comment

The 'background' you give is the conservative media bias 'spin' on the story.
                                Wrong again. It's well-documented fact from a reporter who isn't afraid to name his sources.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-30-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment