Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes Mob Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That was actually included in the cite Ox gave....

"60 Minutes," which first obtained the letter, originally reported that the contents suggested the whistleblower was under federal protection. However, lawyer Mark Zaid said in a statement to The Hill that the news outlet "completely misinterpreted the contents of our letter."

I think Ox only read that parts that confirmed his bias.
    How very ... Shuny-ish of him

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They need to move fast before the country fully realizes that the whistleblower's complaint doesn't match up to the facts. That's why the MSM has dropped talking about the transcript of the conversation between Trump and Zelensky because it contradicts much of what is now being claimed.
      For one thing, the White House released transcript consisted of only 10 minutes worth of a thirty minute call, and for another, irregardless of your blind bias, it does match the whistleblowers complaint. And even should you insist that it doesn't, try to focus on the transcript itself, the Presidents words are what's important, not who revealed it.

Comment

That was actually included in the cite Ox gave....

"60 Minutes," which first obtained the letter, originally reported that the contents suggested the whistleblower was under federal protection. However, lawyer Mark Zaid said in a statement to The Hill that the news outlet "completely misinterpreted the contents of our letter."

I think Ox only read that parts that confirmed his bias.
        I think you are trying to - once again - turn this into a discussion about me rather than the actual issue at hand, which is Donald Trump's threat to all parties revealing the content and background of his attempt to coerce Zelenski into helping him with his 2020 campaign against Joe Biden by 'investigating' his son and potentially derailing Biden's campaign.

That SHOULD be the real issue here. And I am not the only one in this thread that sees the issues I have raised. This thread is not about me CP. And if you persist - if anyone persists - in trying to make it about me, I'll ask you or them to leave. Keep the topic on the topic - Trump's threat to the whistleblower. Any comments for or against that interpretation of his actions and his tweets are fair game.

---

I have posted the letter, they are concerned about their clients safety and the effect of Trump's comments on that safety and they have requested whatever protection is available. How saying the withness is under federal 'completely misinterprets' their lettter I don't know, beyond the fact that no official protective action may have been invoked yet. It most certainly WAS requested.

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-30-2019, 08:36 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I think you are trying to - once again - turn this into a discussion about me rather than the actual issue at hand, which is Donald Trump's threat to all parties revealing the content and background of his attempt to coerce Zelenski into helping him with his 2020 campaign against Joe Biden by 'investigating' his son and potentially derailing Biden's campaign.
          It doesn't have to be an either / or, Jim. It could be both.

That SHOULD be the real issue here. And I am not the only one in this thread that sees the issues I have raised.
          TEN of the spies opposed Joshua and Caleb.

This is not about me CP. And if you persist - if anyone persists in trying to make it about me, I'll ask you to leave. Keep the topic on the topic - Trump's threat to the whistleblower.

Jim
          That's your prerogative, Jim. Personally, I think it only underscores my concern, but it's your right.

Basically, you're declaring that you should be able to post your vehement opposition to Trump, and nobody can challenge your opinions.

But it's your thread! Just say the word, and I'm gone!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Something that, so far, nobody has produced any evidence of. All there is are some wild attempts to twist and distort what was said until it bears little to no resemblance with reality.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The letter states - in its entirety...
              The whistleblower's own lawyers are on record saying that the letter has been misinterpreted.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It doesn't have to be an either / or, Jim. It could be both.

TEN of the spies opposed Joshua and Caleb.

That's your prerogative, Jim. Personally, I think it only underscores my concern, but it's your right.

Basically, you're declaring that you should be able to post your vehement opposition to Trump, and nobody can challenge your opinions.

But it's your thread! Just say the word, and I'm gone!

Any comments expressing opinions for or against my interpretation of the situation are welcome. So you should have no problem continuing to post here if you so desire.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Fake news. This claim was originally made by CBS's Scott Pelly on "60 Minutes", but the whistleblower's own lawyers said "he completely misinterpreted the contents of our letter" and was "literally making stuff up".

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...al-protection/
                  What's the fake part, MM?

Comment

The whistleblower's own lawyers are on record saying that the letter has been misinterpreted.
                    Well, tell us what the misintepretation is.

Comment

But not how
                      It doesn't mean that Trump's tweets have not created a safety problem for their client:

""

""

""

It doesn't mean there are not threats against their client:

""

It doesn't mean they have NOT requested protection:

""

Jim

Comment

Any comments expressing opinions for or against my interpretation of the situation are welcome.

So you should have no problem continuing to post here if you so desire.

Jim
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But no how. They express serious concerns for his safety. And they ask for protections....
                          Jim, this is a classic lawyer approach --- they see it as bolstering their case that Trump is such a meanie that their client has to be protected.

It's not all that unusual.

Comment

Jim, this is a classic lawyer approach --- they see it as bolstering their case that Trump is such a meanie that their client has to be protected.

It's not all that unusual.
                            Did you read beyond the first line ... ?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Well, tell us what the misintepretation is.
                              I'm just telling you what the lawyers are saying, that Scott Pelly who originally reported the story "completely misinterpreted the content of our letter" and was "literally making stuff up".

Are you trying to tell me that the whisteblower's own lawyers don't know what they're talking about? Maybe they're part of the conspiracy, too!
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Did you read beyond the first line ... ?

Jim
                                yes

Comment