Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes Mob Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    So when the acting ICE director Thomas Homan says that criminal aliens have been released rather than turned over to ICE, with 10,000 committing more crimes - he is lying?
    Homan is the former acting ICE director and, yeah, given Homan's record, I would not take a single word he says as true without documented, objective evidence to back it up.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      When you must twist the meaning of a post, you clearly can't deal with the truth of the post itself. Whistle-blowers are protected from any form of retaliation. If and when it becomes a legal or criminal matter and evidence has been found of wrongdoing as a result of the whistle-blower drawing attention to potentially illegal behavior, THEN, IF the whistle-blower has evidence to present that meets legal standards, Trump would have a right to know his identity.

A whistle-blower is not necessarily an actual accuser. A whistle-blower is someone with knowledge of potential undesirable or illegal activity. The reason they are protected is that we want people to come forward when shady things are happening without fear of retaliation so that the shady activity can be investigated and then if there is substance the shady activity can be brought to light and corrected before it does irreparable damage.

Criminals, especially those in power, are smart enough to conceal their activity or mask their true intentions. Whistle-blower laws exist to help reduce the probability they can get away with it by allowing those around them with a conscience and that see enough to know something is amiss to raise a red flag and allow those with the power to push back to investigate.

Trump wants to crush this person. People like Trump are the reason we protect whistle-blowers from retaliation.

Jim
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So, why change your ways now?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          So, why change your ways now?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Okay log eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Homan is the former acting ICE director and, yeah, given Homan's record, I would not take a single word he says as true without documented, objective evidence to back it up.

--Sam
              Except he knows way more about this than you and I also linked the ICE web site:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Acting Director Matthew T. Albence held a White House press briefing Thursday to explain how sanctuary policies threaten public safety and called on the public to hold their local lawmakers accountable. The briefing made clear that local jurisdictions across the U.S. that refuse to cooperate with ICE are complicit in the crimes committed by aliens who ICE could have otherwise been arrested and removedAcross the United States, several jurisdictions refuse to honor detainers and instead choose to willingly release criminal offenders back into their local communities where they are free to offend.

Acting Director Albence made clear that state and local jurisdictions that refuse to cooperate with immigration enforcement not only betray their duty to protect public safety, but force ICE to be more visible in those areas.

https://www.ice.gov/spotlight/declined-detainers
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I'm just telling you what the lawyers are saying, that Scott Pelly who originally reported the story "completely misinterpreted the content of our letter" and was "literally making stuff up".

Are you trying to tell me that the whisteblower's own lawyers don't know what they're talking about? Maybe they're part of the conspiracy, too!
                yes they do know what they are talking about:

1) Trumps tweets and spoken words have endangered their client
                2) There is a bounty to anyone that divulges the name of their client
                3) They have asked for protection for their client

These are the simple facts. This is the content of the letter. Whatever they mean by 'misinterpreted', it doesn't negate these 3 summary points from the letter.

Which goes directly to the point which you will not admit. This person has been threatened by the actions and words of the President of the US - Mr. Mob Boss.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Okay log eye.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

These are the simple facts. This is the content of the letter. Whatever they mean by 'misinterpreted', it doesn't negate these 3 summary points from the letter.

Which goes directly to the point which you will not admit. This person has been threatened by the actions and words of the President of the US - Mr. Mob Boss.

Jim
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                      So despite the fact that the lawyers have said on the record that this is a complete misinterpretation of the content of their letter, you're moving full speed ahead with your "truth over facts" narrative.

This is why it's futile to discuss anything Trump related with you.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• This just goes to show that you are not open to evidence. You can't get past your bias. It isn't hearsay, you're mimicking the talking points, the evidence is in the presidents actions and in the transcript itself, regardless of what you think of the complaintant/whistleblower.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          This just goes to show that you are not open to evidence. You can't get past your bias. It isn't hearsay, you're mimicking the talking points....
                          irony.jpg
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• A sitting president can't be indicted, Lilpix. His trial takes place in Congress through the impeachment process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]39994[/ATTACH]
                              You left out this part, CP. "the evidence is in the presidents actions and in the transcript itself." You guys can clamor on about it coming second hand all you want, how ever the evidence came to light, it came to light.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                This just goes to show that you are not open to evidence. You can't get past your bias. It isn't hearsay, you're mimicking the talking points, the evidence is in the presidents actions and in the transcript itself, regardless of what you think of the complaintant/whistleblower.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment