Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes Mob Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    But Sam wants us to close our eyes to this fact and pretend otherwise.
    You have facts. He has truth. It's the new Liberal ThinkTM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Don't be ridiculous. On the contrary - had you not been spoon fed how 'harmless' the call was from your preferred sources, you'd be joining the call for his impeachment.

The truth here can be seen by just imagining how 'harmless' you would have considered those same words in the same circumstance if spoken by Obama, or Hillary.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        You added the link after I posted, so lemme respond to that.... and, in particular, one of the paragraphs in your link....

Little is known about the whistleblower, who, according to the complaint, was not a direct witness to the conversation but was told about it by White House colleagues.

You know what that's called, Jim?

Hearsay.

Are you so desperate in your "hate Trump" campaign that you'd jump on rumors and hearsay?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That could be part of the drama, Jim. I'm waiting for more facts.

Are you really this obsessed?

Hubert
          Reread the opening post. And Not only that, Trump has accused those that brought to light this call of spying, and implied they should be executed for their actions.

Again, are you really this naive?

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Again, those how must twist the truth to make their case just don't have a case to start with.

To repeat the idea you have corrupted for clarity: Given the content of the transcript of the conversation between Trump and Zelensky where Trump clearly tied the aid to Ukraine with the 'favor' of investigating biden ('regarding that ...") coupled with the fact the aid for Ukraine was put on hold just before that same conversation and remained on hold for months, coupled with the fact Trump is in power and still holds sway over whether and to what extent the US will in fact help Ukraine repulse Russian aggression, Zelensky MUST NOT offend Trump, he has no choice, and THEREFORE we must assume that the probability is very his he is lying to avoid offending Mr Mob Boss.

Only an naive idiot could not perceive coercion in the content and juxtaposition of Trumps conversation about the Javelin missiles and the request for a 'favor'. So again, please stop pretending to be so naive. You may as well be walking around the room naked and telling me to believe you have great new outfit on.

Jim
            Translation: "I'm not delusional! The voices on my television told me so!"

Seriously, Jim, get help. Not necessarily professional counseling, but maybe take a break from politics for a few weeks? It might do you some good.

Comment

I don't know, but I DO know that Trump LOVES stirring the pot, and controlling the lives of people who oppose him. He seems gifted at tweeting stuff that will rally his base and drive his opponents absolutely nuts.
              You don't say!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Reread the opening post. And Not only that, Trump has accused those that brought to light this call of spying, and implied they should be executed for their actions.

Again, are you really this naive?

Jim
                He's a jackass, Jim, who LOVES poking his enemies.

In your case, sadly, he pretty well scores a direct hit every single time.

Again, are you really this obsessed?

Wilbur
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not to mention making it necessary to give a whistleblower federal protection.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-safety-report

Are you really this naive?

Jim
                  Fake news. This claim was originally made by CBS's Scott Pelly on "60 Minutes", but the whistleblower's own lawyers said "he completely misinterpreted the contents of our letter" and was "literally making stuff up".

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...al-protection/

Comment

He's a jackass, Jim, who LOVES poking his enemies.

In your case, sadly, he pretty well scores a direct hit every single time.

Again, are you really this obsessed?

Wilbur
                    hey - at least I know what my name is.

And speaking of obsessed, just what exactly is it about signing one's name that sends you into orbit? I mean, at least I'm acting our of concern for the future of the nation ...

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Fake news. This claim was originally made by CBS's Scott Pelly on "60 Minutes", but the whistleblower's own lawyers said "he completely misinterpreted the contents of our letter" and was "literally making stuff up".

Pffft. What would the whistleblower's own lawyers know especially if it goes against the pontifications and proclamations of the MSM?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So they lie again and they wonder why their credibility is zero.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

hey - at least I know what my name is.
                          I've been called worse.

And speaking of obsessed, just what exactly is it about signing one's name that sends you into orbit?
                          Jim, calm yourself --- there's not even a heart rate increase here - no orbit whatsoever. I think it's kinda cute!

I mean, at least I'm acting our of concern for the future of the nation ...

Jim
                          When a Christian allows himself to be worked into a frenzy over a politician doing the kind of things politicians do, It's not healthy. And, yeah, Trump takes it to a whole new level, but you really don't need to let his jackassery steal your joy.

Cow Poke

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            So they lie again and they wonder why their credibility is zero.
                            At least they're consistent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That was actually included in the cite Ox gave....

Not to mention making it necessary to give a whistleblower federal protection.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-safety-report

Are you really this naive?

Jim

"60 Minutes," which first obtained the letter, originally reported that the contents suggested the whistleblower was under federal protection. However, lawyer Mark Zaid said in a statement to The Hill that the news outlet "completely misinterpreted the contents of our letter."

I think Ox only read that parts that confirmed his bias.

Comment

The letter states - in its entirety:

Source: letter from whistleblower firm to Macguire

On September 26, 2019, the
                                President of the United States said the following:
                                Right? With spies and treason,
                                right? We used to handle them a little differently than we do now.

Thank you for your immediate attention to the matters noted above. Please do not hesitate to
                                contact me directly with any questions or concerns.
                                Sincerely,
                                Andrew P. Bakaj
                                Lead Attorney for the Intelligence Community Whistleblower

© Copyright Original Source

Jim

Comment