Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump goes Mob Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And and as we all know, CNN has never gotten a story wrong...
    Always distorting every word that points out the truth. What am I responding to MM. The accusation that because I see the direct threat in Trump's tweet I am insane. And each reply to that post shows that is what people without their brains fried by Breitbart
    and Fox see. In fact, it takes a nearly lethal dose of brain washing not to see it.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Does he have the right to face his accuser or not?
      The right to face one's accusers, as y'all know, is a due process right to be provided in a criminal proceeding.

Trump doesn't really want to exercise that right because he doesn't want a prosecution to have the corresponding right to discovery.

And whistleblower laws exist precisely to protect someone from retaliation. Given that Trump has already called this person a spy and alluded to "what we used to do" to spies and traitors, there's no reasonable situation where Trump gets to meet this person or even know their name.

If and when Trump is charged with a crime, the prosecution will no doubt call witnesses. But the prosecution won't bother with the whistleblower: as y'all note elsewhere but seem to forget here, prosecutors would go for the more "firsthand" witnesses and documents.

--Sam
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        By open borders I mean "decriminalizing" illegally crossing the border and establishing "sanctuary" jurisdictions where regardless of the crimes they might commit the illegal alien will NEVER be subject to deportation.
        That's not what sanctuary cities or jurisdictions involve. Why make a false statement like that?
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Truth over lies. All you read are distortions and lies so you have no clue how to recognize the fact trump has threatened this person directly. People with Trumps power and way dont ever have to say such things directly, and you know that. You just won't admit it because then you would have to face the immorality of supporting Trump in this
          I'm serious when I say that you're dealing in paranoid delusions. There is no threat or intimidation, direct or indirect, in Trump's comment. Trump is right: if the whistleblower is lying or spreading unverified rumors or engaged in illegal spying -- which is pretty much a given at this point -- then there will be big consequences for him.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            That's not what sanctuary cities or jurisdictions involve. Why make a false statement like that?
            That is what happens. Why pretend otherwise?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Does he have the right to face his accuser or not?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Trump says that there will be consequences if the whistleblower is lying! What is the poor supposed to do now, tell the TRUTH?!
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That is what happens. Why pretend otherwise?
                  It's not and you either know it or you should know that you don't know enough to talk about it.

How would it even work? You think a sanctuary city has -any- say in whether ICE picks up an undocumented immigrant for deportation outside a state penitentiary? If an undocumented immigrant is convicted of a crime that sends them to a state or federal jail/prison, ICE has an easy way of picking them up for deportation.

Every sanctuary city policy is built on the idea that city/municipal police won't detain an undocumented immigrant solely because ICE sends a detention request. If an undocumented immigrant is being held for other reasons, such as a serious misdemeanor or felony charge, that individual is subject to deportation.

Why spread falsehoods?

--Sam

Comment

It's not and you either know it or you should know that you don't know enough to talk about it.

How would it even work? You think a sanctuary city has -any- say in whether ICE picks up an undocumented immigrant for deportation outside a state penitentiary? If an undocumented immigrant is convicted of a crime that sends them to a state or federal jail/prison, ICE has an easy way of picking them up for deportation.

Every sanctuary city policy is built on the idea that city/municipal police won't detain an undocumented immigrant solely because ICE sends a detention request. If an undocumented immigrant is being held for other reasons, such as a serious misdemeanor or felony charge, that individual is subject to deportation.

Why spread falsehoods?

--Sam
                    We've seen officials release illegals convicted of a crime (including violent felonies) solely so that ICE could not pick them up. We've seen officials announce planned ICE activities so that that illegals could hide. And how many times do we need to see yet another illegal with multiple convictions commit a crime leading to someone's death because they had been released to avoid deportation. I think a bunch of Angel families could fill your ear about the latter.

Why pretend this isn't happening?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why spread falsehoods?

--Sam
                      ICE releases list of accused murderers, rapists protected under state's sanctuary law

Meantime, Washington state just passed what some immigration advocates are calling the strongest sanctuary state law in the country. It forbids local jails and state prisons from honoring ICE immigration detainers and even prevents corrections officials from even letting ICE know about the pending release of a criminal illegal immigranthttps://www.foxnews.com/us/ice-takes...tion-detainers

Fugitive Cities Have Harbored 10,000 Criminal-Alien Recidivists

According to acting ICE director Thomas Homan, among https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...n-recidivists/
                      Last edited by seer; 09-30-2019, 07:14 AM.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

[1] We've seen officials release illegals convicted of a crime (including violent felonies) solely so that ICE could not pick them up. [2]We've seen officials announce planned ICE activities so that that illegals could hide. [3]And how many times do we need to see yet another illegal with multiple convictions commit a crime leading to someone's death because they had been released to avoid deportation. I think a bunch of Angel families could fill your ear about the latter.

Why pretend this isn't happening?
                        [1] - We have not seen this.

[2] - This has nothing to do with your claim that undocumented residents in sanctuary jurisdictions can commit any crime without fear of deportation

[3] - Where we have seen this, it is not because sanctuary cities release an undocumented immigrant before ICE can show up to deport them. Again, these are people who would be sent to state or federal penitentiaries, where a sanctuary city would have no ability to shield the immigrant, anyway. ICE could just have a man waiting in the lobby when the criminal was released from jail/prison. These cases are often due to ICE not having the resources (maybe because they're spending their time on low-hanging fruit like non-criminal, longtime-resident immigrants) to pick up recidivist criminals for deportation.

Again, you just don't understand the nature of what "sanctuary city" is or you just don't care to be accurate in your description. Both are bad. Either should be a red flag that you need to be more careful in what you allege.

--Sam

Comment

ICE releases list of accused murderers, rapists protected under state's sanctuary law

Meantime, Washington state just passed what some immigration advocates are calling the strongest sanctuary state law in the country. It forbids local jails and state prisons from honoring ICE immigration detainers and even prevents corrections officials from even letting ICE know about the pending release of a criminal illegal immigranthttps://www.foxnews.com/us/ice-takes...tion-detainers

Fugitive Cities Have Harbored 10,000 Criminal-Alien Recidivists

According to acting ICE director Thomas Homan, among https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...n-recidivists/
                          Read the actual law, not the agitprop about the law.

--Sam

Comment

When you must twist the meaning of a post, you clearly can't deal with the truth of the post itself. Whistle-blowers are protected from any form of retaliation. If and when it becomes a legal or criminal matter and evidence has been found of wrongdoing as a result of the whistle-blower drawing attention to potentially illegal behavior, THEN, IF the whistle-blower has evidence to present that meets legal standards, Trump would have a right to know his identity.

A whistle-blower is not necessarily an actual accuser. A whistle-blower is someone with knowledge of potential undesirable or illegal activity. The reason they are protected is that we want people to come forward when shady things are happening without fear of retaliation so that the shady activity can be investigated and then if there is substance the shady activity can be brought to light and corrected before it does irreparable damage.

Criminals, especially those in power, are smart enough to conceal their activity or mask their true intentions. Whistle-blower laws exist to help reduce the probability they can get away with it by allowing those around them with a conscience and that see enough to know something is amiss to raise a red flag and allow those with the power to push back to investigate.

Trump wants to crush this person. People like Trump are the reason we protect whistle-blowers from retaliation.

Jim
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-30-2019, 07:25 AM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So when the acting ICE director Thomas Homan says that criminal aliens have been released rather than turned over to ICE, with 10,000 committing more crimes - he is lying?

Across the United States, several jurisdictions refuse to honor detainers and instead choose to willingly release criminal offenders back into their local communities where they are free to offend.

Acting Director Albence made clear that state and local jurisdictions that refuse to cooperate with immigration enforcement not only betray their duty to protect public safety, but force ICE to be more visible in those areas.

https://www.ice.gov/spotlight/declined-detainers
                              Last edited by seer; 09-30-2019, 07:32 AM.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Headline from cnn:

Washington at war: Dems aim for speedy impeachment push as Trump threatens whistleblower
                                Headline from National Enquirer:

Woman gives birth in Church Choir: Baby comes out singing Amazing Grace
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment