Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    John Kasich, who is a dyed-in-the-wool Never Trumper was on CNN today saying that (aside from the media) "nobody [is] talking about this." That the public is reacting with a massive yawn -- which I seriously doubt is the reaction that the Democrats/MSM either expected or want.
    The Democrats have been desperately trying to keep the public at a fevered pitch about all things Trump, but I think fatigue set in right around the time Mueller's investigation ended with a whimper rather than the deafening bang that the Democrats promised.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Bidengate expands:

Source: The Hill

In a newly sworn affidavit

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        You have evidence that military aid was held as collateral to the investigation into Hunter Biden continuing? Perhaps you should email your evidence to Mdm. Pelosi.
        There most certainly is evidence. It's part of what the whistle-blower complaint is about.

What you (and others) are forgetting is that this person that blew the whistle knows the people that gave him the information. And it is their testimony, under oath, under a subpoena, that will determine the outcome of this. This is not 'one person', this is data gathered and pieced together from multiple sources into a well written and logical accounting of what was happening. If what he was told is backed up by the eyewitnesses that told him, then this is a very big deal.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
          What I said before about good citizens still applies. At some point back in time, none of y'all would've tolerated the idea of a President strong-arming a foreign government into launching partisan investigations against his opponents in exchange for military aid. Somewhere along the way, people got sick and addled and let their civic character go to pot. Now we've got a President, already implicated in numerous felonies perpetuated over the course of his campaign and term, enlisting the United States Department of Justice and State Department to help his new "personal attorney" commit felonies to help his election campaign (since the old one's in prison for felonies committed at the President's direction during the last campaign).

Being a good citizen means a lot of different things to different people. But there are boundaries, fence lines that good citizens don't go past.

--Sam
          Seeing this as "strong-arming" requires that you see it through particularly colored lenses.

Having said that, depending on the situation, I would expect a president to engage in strong arming.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Seeing this as "strong-arming" requires that you see it through particularly colored lenses.

Having said that, depending on the situation, I would expect a president to engage in strong arming.
            A president strong arming for personal gain, in this case to make a foreign state participate in attempting to takedown a political opponent, is illegal.

And again, are you really willing to look the other way when you know that is exactly what he was doing 'asking fo a favor'

Come on, all of you, you know darn good and well what he was doing. And you would be going on about 24/7 if this were Obama or Hillary.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              There most certainly is evidence. It's part of what the whistle-blower complaint is about.

What you (and others) are forgetting is that this person that blew the whistle knows the people that gave him the information. And it is their testimony, under oath, under a subpoena, that will determine the outcome of this. This is not 'one person', this is data gathered and pieced together from multiple sources into a well written and logical accounting of what was happening. If what he was told is backed up by the eyewitnesses that told him, then this is a very big deal.

Jim
              Considering how the actual conversation between Trump and Zelensky didn't match up to what the whistleblower claimed, it is fair to say that at least presently his/her veracity and credibility are questionable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Considering how the actual conversation between Trump and Zelensky didn't match up to what the whistleblower claimed, it is fair to say that at least presently his/her veracity and credibility are questionable.
                It did, in fact, match up. That you can't see that is just the 'pretend' naivete kicking in. I know you guys are not as naive as you are pretending to be - It would be nice you could own up to it.

Jim

Comment

Admitting a quid-pro-quo There's hope for you yet, Jimmy...
                  Wrong. The U.S. or Biden wasn't getting any thing in return, they simply weren't going to give a corrupt government finacial aid. Get the difference? Probably not!

Sure it is. He was investigating Biden's son. At a MINIMUM, that is a conflict of interest, and Biden should have recused himself in the discussions. Either way, Biden is done. There are more accusations against his other kids too.
                  Wrong. It wasn't Bidens decision to make, it was Obama's decision, and Biden was simply carrying out his bosses orders when explaining the situation to the Ukrainian government. What do you think, Biden just made that decision on his own and went to Ukraine on his own. Whether Bidens son is guilty of anything is irrelevant, and there is no evidence that he was. It should be blatantly obvious to you what Trump is up to here in the midst of a presidential campaign to all of a sudden extort the Ukrainian President to manufacture dirt on Biden, but apparently your bias is overpowering you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Bidengate expands:

Source: The Hill

In a newly sworn affidavit

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Right, and you would take the begrudged Shokins newly come up with claim that someone told him Biden was unhappy about the Burisma investigation. Shokin is corrupt himself and everybody knew it which is why the western democracies including the IMF wanted him gone. Again, whether Biden was unhappy about it, or whether his son was guilty of anything, has nothing to do with why the entire Democratic west wanted Shokin gone. Besides, stop playing dumb, Tea, you know what Trump was up to here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Right, and you would take the begrudged Shokins newly come up with claim that someone told him Biden was unhappy about the Burisma investigation. Shokin is corrupt himself and everybody knew it which is why the western democracies including the IMF wanted him gone. Again, whether Biden was unhappy about it, or whether his son was guilty of anything, has nothing to do with why the entire Democratic west wanted Shokin gone. Besides, stop playing dumb, Tea, you know what Trump was up to here.
                      Rumors in a complaint with multiple errors versus sworn affidavit? Affidavit wins every time.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Easy way to solve this:

Was >$300 million in military aid to Ukraine withheld along what we'd consider normal channels? Like, there's a clear rationale at State Dept, clear memos and directions at OMB to resolve whatever is preventing the funding from being delivered? Did State/OMB officials know what's going on?

If not, who directed the funds be withheld and why? Did the person directing the funds to be withheld use proper channels and direct a resolution along proper channels?

Specifically, did the President of the United States, having been repeatedly frustrated in his attempt to get a major political rival investigated since 2018, direct military aid to Ukraine to be withheld as a means of leverage, explicit or implicit, shortly before his direct conversation with the Ukrainian president, where he asked the "favor" of opening investigations regarding his former and future political opponents?

Do we expect a president to so abuse the power of his office for personal or political gain, under the guise that it's just aggressive diplomacy?

Good citizens ask those questions, demand clear answers, and punish public officials who abuse their offices in such flagrant and dangerous ways.

--Sam
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

It's reality Sam. This person, as evidenced by their complaint, is not legally a whistleblower. He is dealing in hearsay and innuendo. Every bit of his testimony would be dismissed in a court of law.
                          "Special Report" on FNC tonight reported that sometime in the recent past, the official rules were discreetly -- clandestinely? -- changed to allow third-parties to be "legitimate" whistle-blowers.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                            The questions under oath on this subject matter should be really interesting.

I suspect they will call in members of the White House staff asking questions like:
                            1. Did you hear anything that Trump said about his taxes?
                            2. Do you know any possible crimes or suspicious behavior by Trump?
                            3. Can you list several people that might have dirt on Trump?
                            4. Has Trump ever said anything that might make someone feel uncomfortable?
                            5. Has Trump proposed any strategy against us making this nation into a communist-controlled government?

After these and many more questions, the people will start to ask, "Wasn't this supposed to be about Biden and the Ukraine?"

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              The questions under oath on this subject matter should be really interesting.

I suspect they will call in members of the White House staff asking questions like:
                              1. Did you hear anything that Trump said about his taxes?
                              2. Do you know any possible crimes or suspicious behavior by Trump?
                              3. Can you list several people that might have dirt on Trump?
                              4. Has Trump ever said anything that might make someone feel uncomfortable?
                              5. Has Trump proposed any strategy against us making this nation into a communist-controlled government?

After these and many more questions, the people will start to ask, "Wasn't this supposed to be about Biden and the Ukraine?"
                              I imagine it will be quite more focused on documentary evidence and direct testimony by State and OMB officials.
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                "Special Report" on FNC tonight reported that sometime in the recent past, the official rules were discreetly -- clandestinely? -- changed to allow third-parties to be "legitimate" whistle-blowers.
                                Rules weren't changed; nothing in ICWPA requires firsthand knowledge for a complaint. The 2017 ICIG template even includes the language "I am a discloser with direct or indirect evidence in the above-captioned disclosure of a Title 50 alleged urgent concern."

--Sam

Comment