Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There have been a few - not many - but a few. I don't recall what they were. But I've said to my wife when it came on the news - (paraphrase) "they a making something out of nothing there".
    And yet around here, you always seem to believe whatever terrible thing Trump is doing, no matter what.

In the discussions I've participated in, I have actually said "This was a good thing" a few times. The bad so outweighs the good that it's hard to remember what they were, but there have been a few.
    And yet, every single time I see you posting about Trump, it’s always negative or making excuses for the positive.

I would have no idea what Trump, Or Clinton, or Obama is ultimately capable of. But I can answer "Do I think Trump's character is the sort of character that would do whatever is necessary to protect himself over the good of the country". And the reality is - I don't need to speculate and that, he has already made clear that is exactly the case.
    You do think there is no evil Trump is incapable of doing, so I was right and I didn’t lie. Don’t worry, I know you won’t apologize for your false accusations because you never do, so I don’t expect one now.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And yet around here, you always seem to believe whatever terrible thing Trump is doing, no matter what.

And yet, every single time I see you posting about Trump, it’s always negative or making excuses for the positive.
      It is not my job to make you notice the times I have noticed something trump did that was good. And I'm not saying it happened very many times. As I said, with Trump, the bad outweighs the good it is so bad. That is where my attention is focused - as it should be. I would be violating my conscience if I were not to speak out about the unconscionable things Trump has done and is doing.

You do think there is no evil Trump is incapable of doing, so I was right and I didn’t lie. Don’t worry, I know you won’t apologize for your false accusations because you never do, so I don’t expect one now.
      You lied plain and simple. I've never said the things you accused me of saying. The position you ascribed to me is simply not my position. You are making things up and broadcasting them as if they are the truth - which is lying. People with integrity don't do that sort of thing, and when called on it they don't double down on it. So why are you behaving like that? Just deal with what I actually say and defend your position regarding it. There is no need to make things up, no need to lie, and you would be better off to avoid that sort of thing.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It is not my job to make you notice the times I have noticed something trump did that was good. And I'm not saying it happened very many times. As I said, with Trump, the bad outweighs the good it is so bad. That is where my attention is focused - as it should be. I would be violating my conscience if I were not to speak out about the unconscionable things Trump has done and is doing.
        I could think of maybe... one or two times. The rest? You jump all on on the latest ‘get Trump’ political drama. He lived rent free in your head. The first step is admitting you have a problem...

You lied plain and simple. I've never said the things you accused me of saying. The position you ascribed to me is simply not my position. You are making things up and broadcasting them as if they are the truth - which is lying. People with integrity don't do that sort of thing, and when called on it they don't double down on it. So why are you behaving like that? Just deal with what I actually say and defend your position regarding it. There is no need to make things up, no need to lie, and you would be better off to avoid that sort of thing.
        No I didn’t, you really do believe there is no evil will not swoop to and you confirmed it in your own words! You’re just too cowardly to admit it because it would require you to admit how crazy you sound and how your every thought about Trump is colored by your belief. Lie to yourself all you want Jim, but your anger and your words confirm it.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          What WILL stand up in the Impeachment is that the US president solicited help from a foreign country to investigate a potential 2020 political rival, whilst withholding desperately needed military aid to that country. Aid which had already been approved by Congress. It certainly seems like a quid pro quo was implied: You want your aid? Help me dig up dirt on my 2020 political rival.
          Too bad none of that actually happened...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Too bad none of that actually happened...
            Both of those events not only happened, they're both matters of public knowledge! We know that Trump withheld funding from Ukraine for months - that's not a contested fact. We know that Trump solicited that the Ukrainian president investigate Biden - that's a matter of record in the summary transcript that the Trump administration released.

One can (try to) argue that those two things are separate and not evidence of quid pro quo ... but to argue that none of it actually happened?

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Anything to make sure the truth is covered up, right MM?
              More proof that you don't care about the law, only whatever is necessary to ruin Trump. You're as transparent as air...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

conspiracy nut!

And who has the Attorney General of the US and the Secretary of State chasing down internet conspiracy fodder from Giuliani?

And who is 'ALL IN' with the same?

Talk about projection!

I'm the guy thinking Nixon was behind the Watergate break-in after the tapes came out

You're the guy that has proof we never landed on the Moon.

Jim
                Whataboutism FTW!!
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

More proof that you don't care about the law, only whatever is necessary to ruin Trump. You're as transparent as air...
                  What law would have been broken if no classified information was shared?
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Lying about a person's position is - well - lying.

Pixie Just lied about me - there I said it.

I have NEVER put forward any comment stating or implying what you just said.

Stop LYING Pix.

See how low you have gone? Now, instead of arguing a point, you must LIE and make up things.

What does it say pix when you have reached so far down that your entire post is a LIE.

Jim
                    Oh shut it Jim. She never said you said that. She said it is the LOGICAL CONCLUSION of your severe TrumpOCD. Now, if you accuse her of lying again with such flimsy reasoning, I will report you to the mods for an infraction.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      What law would have been broken if no classified information was shared?
                      What do you mean?
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What do you mean?
                        If the whistleblower broke a law by approaching HPSCI before making a complaint to ICIG, what law would that be? It'd have to be something relating to classified information because there's no law against walking up the steps of Congress to report an abuse.

So folks talking about the whistleblower breaking a law must either

1) Be talking about the sharing of classified information, which hasn't been reported and is, indeed, rebutted by the reporters breaking this story

or

2) ????

--Sam

Comment

If the whistleblower broke a law by approaching HPSCI before making a complaint to ICIG, what law would that be? It'd have to be something relating to classified information because there's no law against walking up the steps of Congress to report an abuse.

So folks talking about the whistleblower breaking a law must either

1) Be talking about the sharing of classified information, which hasn't been reported and is, indeed, rebutted by the reporters breaking this story

or

2) ????

--Sam
                          the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act (ICWPA) of 1998 explicitly requires an official concerned about wrongdoing within the government to go to the IC inspector general before the congressional panels in charge of oversight of the intelligence community.
                          Under a section titled, “Summary of Procedures for Reporting Urgent Concerns Pursuant to the ICWPA,” the official Director of National Intelligence (DNI) website states:
                          The employee may contact the congressional intelligence committees directly as described in clause (i) only if the employee –
                          a. before making such a contact, furnishes to the DNI, through the IC IG, a statement of the employee’s complaint or information and notice of the employee’s intent to contact the congressional intelligence committees directly; and
                          b. obtains and follows from the DNI, through the IC IG, direction on how to contact the congressional intelligence committees in accordance with necessary and appropriate security procedures.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

conspiracy nut!

And who has the Attorney General of the US and the Secretary of State chasing down internet conspiracy fodder from Giuliani?

And who is 'ALL IN' with the same?

Talk about projection!

I'm the guy thinking Nixon was behind the Watergate break-in after the tapes came out

You're the guy that has proof we never landed on the Moon.

Jim
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man
                            But since this doesn't fit your narrative, I'm sure you'll breezily dismiss it.
                            I called it.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

IIRC, one of the people putting forward the 'mastermind' theory on a regular basis (at least as regards manipulation of the media) is MM.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Both of those events not only happened, they're both matters of public knowledge! We know that Trump withheld funding from Ukraine for months - that's not a contested fact. We know that Trump solicited that the Ukrainian president investigate Biden - that's a matter of record in the summary transcript that the Trump administration released.

One can (try to) argue that those two things are separate and not evidence of quid pro quo ... but to argue that none of it actually happened?

--Sam
                                I meant this statement:

You want your aid? Help me dig up dirt on my 2020 political rival.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment