Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Folks should read Shokin's sworn statement if they want to see what a real mob shakedown by the Biden gang looks like. Eye-widening stuff!

https://www.scribd.com/document/4276...okin-Statement
    Why would we care what a known corrupt prosecutor has to say. The entire western world, including the IMF wanted him fired and Biden was there to convince the Ukranians to do that if they wanted the wests support. You and Trump want to make this about Biden, but it was not only the U.S. that was behind this effort to rid Ukraine of corruption and in particular this corrupt Prosecutor General. Whether Bidens son is guilty of anything or not is irrelevant to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Why would we care what a known corrupt prosecutor has to say. The entire western world, including the IMF wanted him fired and Biden was there to convince the Ukranians to do that if they wanted the wests support.
      Admitting a quid-pro-quo There's hope for you yet, Jimmy...

You and Trump want to make this about Biden, but it was not only the U.S. that was behind this effort to rid Ukraine of corruption and in particular this corrupt Prosecutor General. Whether Bidens son is guilty of anything or not is irrelevant to that.
      Sure it is. He was investigating Biden's son. At a MINIMUM, that is a conflict of interest, and Biden should have recused himself in the discussions. Either way, Biden is done. There are more accusations against his other kids too.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Admitting a quid-pro-quo There's hope for you yet, Jimmy...

Sure it is. He was investigating Biden's son. At a MINIMUM, that is a conflict of interest, and Biden should have recused himself in the discussions. Either way, Biden is done. There are more accusations against his other kids too.

If that's the standard used for when someone is "done", what does it say about Trump, whose children are currently getting favorable business deals around the globe?
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Why would we care what a known corrupt prosecutor has to say.
          Because he wasn't corrupt. As John Solomon shows with his extensive investigative reporting, the false stories of corruption were planted by members of the Obama administration in order to put pressure on the Ukrainian government, for which the Burisma lawyers apologized!

Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-27-2019, 11:02 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Did anyone address the political tactic to call someone a whistleblower who simply was a leaker of private information? I wish that some people in the media would clarify that this was just a le eak.

we need a whistleblower who will expose this person (or fake person) as a fake whistleblower.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Except that polls show a huge shift in the peoples move in support of impeachment.
              Or not:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2438970001/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...t-impeachment/

The polling is not surprisingly mixed and showing a slight uptick - but were done last weekend before the document releases. Even so, one showed a downturn and none were done by major pollsters.

Too early - and way too early to assume a ground swell of support.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                Did anyone address the political tactic to call someone a whistleblower who simply was a leaker of private information? I wish that some people in the media would clarify that this was just a le eak.

we need a whistleblower who will expose this person (or fake person) as a fake whistleblower.
                The person is called a "whistleblower" because they issued a complaint about government malfeasance through the mechanism defined in the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act.

A "leak" goes to the public (e.g., Woodward and Bernstein/Deep Throat), though that can still be whistleblowing, since the term refers to exposure of corruption within one's own company or administration.

The whole thing about "this isn't really a whistleblower" is just the dumbest sort of talking point to diffuse and deflect. Anyone who finds themselves using it needs to take that as a signal to reevaluate how they're consuming and processing news.

--Sam
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  Voters are now evenly split on beginning impeachment, 43% to 43%. That's a 13% rise in support just since last friday. Support amongst democrats has risen 7%, amongst Republicans it's up 5%.

http://www.politico.com/story/2019/0...-trump-1515012
                  A lot of it depends on how the question is framed. It's easy to shift the needle towards "yes" to impeachment if you manipulate the subject into accepting even hypothetically that the President is guilty of a crime.

Of course these kinds of stories never reveal the actual questions for the same reason a magician never reveals his secrets: it's easier to fool people when they don't know how the trick is done.

Comment

A lot of it depends on how the question is framed. It's easy to shift the needle towards "yes" to impeachment if you manipulate the subject into accepting even hypothetically that the President is guilty of a crime.

Of course these kinds of stories never reveal the actual questions for the same reason a magician never reveals his secrets: it's easier to fool people when they don't know how the trick is done.
                    Some seem skewy to me but the real problem is they were mostly done on the 19th and 20th - just after the news broke.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      The whole thing about "this isn't really a whistleblower" is just the dumbest sort of talking point to diffuse and deflect. Anyone who finds themselves using it needs to take that as a signal to reevaluate how they're consuming and processing news.
                      A person dealing in information he acquired through office gossip that has proven to be incorrect or at least wildly exaggerated is not a whistleblower, he's a rumormonger. No honest judge in the country would tolerate a witness who starts his testimony with "Well, you see, according to this guy I know..."

Comment

The person is called a "whistleblower" because they issued a complaint about government malfeasance through the mechanism defined in the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act.

A "leak" goes to the public (e.g., Woodward and Bernstein/Deep Throat), though that can still be whistleblowing, since the term refers to exposure of corruption within one's own company or administration.

--Sam
                        Ah. Thanks for propagating the misunderstanding of the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Or not:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2438970001/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...t-impeachment/

The polling is not surprisingly mixed and showing a slight uptick - but were done last weekend before the document releases. Even so, one showed a downturn and none were done by major pollsters.

Too early - and way too early to assume a ground swell of support.
                          I actually expect it to run fairly even in the near future - especially with the media's full court press.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

--Sam
                              Everyone who is consuming and processing news needs to reevaluate how they are consuming and processing news.

One key question is to ask why the media gleans on to a topic -- this is the why-this-why-now question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Details are now emerging that most of his family including his brother have pretty much made their living being related to Joe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment