Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it�s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't the left embrace Chick Fil A? Mass farming of chicken is better for the environment than red meat and would help fight back against global warming, right?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Shouldn't the left embrace Chick Fil A? Mass farming of chicken is better for the environment than red meat and would help fight back against global warming, right?
      Not accepting the GLBTXYZ agenda is FAR WORSE than cow farts.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where is Starlight when we need him?

Comment

Geez...they learned nothing from Chicago.

Or from us Californians either. When a Democratic politico called for a boycott on In and Out Burger chain because they gave money to GOP, people said "Nope". In and Out Burger is an institution here.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

The reasons their lines are short is because the food is made pre-prepared and substitutions are not allowed. The entire business model is designed around the idea of being faster the more customers they have, not wasting employees time preparing food, and ensuring that the product is relatively uniform. Source: A friend of mine worked there as a trainer for many years. And she loves their food, so I reason it's as safe to eat it as any other fast food restaurant. If it's a busy time of day with a lot of people at many different fast food places, on average Chik-fil-A will always be quickest.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              The snowflakes are too far gone for that kind of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                FWIU, it was the original C-F-A.
                https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.c...rst-restaurant

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  The snowflakes are too far gone for that kind of thinking.
                  They really are insane...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    From the article I cited earlier...

McDonald's is well known for their scholarship policies (as are a number of companies) but their employees just don't seem to be nearly as happy and content.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Good decision and nothing to do with religion.
                      Like Chick-fil-A's decision to be closed on Sundays this has everything to do with their religious convictions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Like Chick-fil-A's decision to be closed on Sundays this has everything to do with their religious convictions.

That is such a ridiculous reason anyway.

"We're going to ban you from opening a restaurant in the airport because you're not open on Sundays and thousands of people who come through here will be cheated out of a meal. So thousands of people coming through here will be cheated out of a meal the other 6 days of the week instead. Nanner."

Last edited by mossrose; 04-03-2019, 09:57 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Good decision and nothing to do with religion.
                          It had EVERYTHING to do with religion, and it's a.... oh, wait.

You're endorsing it, so that's PROOF it was nutty as a fruitcake!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                            The reasons their lines are short is because the food is made pre-prepared and substitutions are not allowed.
                            That hasn't been my experience at ANY Chick-Fil-A. As for "pre-prepared" - they figured out how to cook 15 minute chicken in 4 minutes using their special pressure cookers, and, sure, they try to do a really good job of staying ahead of the need, but not so much that food is old or cold. And I frequently make substitutions with no problem at all.

And the lines around here for CFA are almost NEVER short, but they keep things moving because they hire sufficient quantities of motivated people and are well managed.

The entire business model is designed around the idea of being faster the more customers they have, not wasting employees time preparing food, and ensuring that the product is relatively uniform. Source: A friend of mine worked there as a trainer for many years. And she loves their food, so I reason it's as safe to eat it as any other fast food restaurant. If it's a busy time of day with a lot of people at many different fast food places, on average Chik-fil-A will always be quickest.
                            I think a better description of their business model is found here...

Comment

Man Arrested While Attempting To Smuggle Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Into San Antonio Airporthttps://babylonbee.com/news/man-arre...ntonio-airport

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                That hasn't been my experience at ANY Chick-Fil-A. As for "pre-prepared" - they figured out how to cook 15 minute chicken in 4 minutes using their special pressure cookers, and, sure, they try to do a really good job of staying ahead of the need, but not so much that food is old or cold. And I frequently make substitutions with no problem at all.

And the lines around here for CFA are almost NEVER short, but they keep things moving because they hire sufficient quantities of motivated people and are well managed.

I think a better description of their business model is found here...
                                I'm not saying any of this is bad? But as far as pre-prepared, when they can get me my food less than a minute after I order it(which they do), despite my not being anywhere close to the only customer, I don't believe it was "made fresh." But I'm just reporting what I was told by a friend. It doesn't make me want to eat there any less.

Comment