Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Barr will be correct on the collusion thing. If we look at how Mueller defined collusion we can see that the bar is very high. Obstruction is much easier to demonstrate and we know that Trumpco lied about Russian connections and was generally very antagonistic towards Mueller. But why?

As for Mueller speaking up - only if he gives evidence to Congress.
    Why?

Lessee...

Because he knew the whole collusion investigation was a crock engineered by Hillary and company (who bought and paid for the discredited phony Steele dossier that started the whole thing) in an attempt to overturn a legitimate election. That Mueller had set up a number of perjury traps designed to pressure associates into turning over evidence that didn't exist.

How is that for a start?

I know stuff like that would make me ill-disposed toward someone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
      Obstruction is much easier to demonstrate and we know that Trumpco lied about Russian connections and was generally very antagonistic towards Mueller Mueller didn't have sufficient evidence to recommend indictment.
      Fixed.

And this was even with Mueller under significant political pressure from the left to find anything he could to pin in Trump, and no doubt his own desire make history as the first prosecutor in the US to take down a sitting president. You can be certain that if there was anything, that Mueller would have pounced. Conclusion: He didn't have anything.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Why?

Lessee...

Because he knew the whole collusion investigation was a crock engineered by Hillary and company (who bought and paid for the discredited phony Steele dossier that started the whole thing) in an attempt to overturn a legitimate election. That Mueller had set up a number of perjury traps designed to pressure associates into turning over evidence that didn't exist.

How is that for a start?

I know stuff like that would make me ill-disposed toward someone.
        I can't imagine what it's like to be innocent yet subjected to intense scrutiny by people who are desperate to prove you guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Fixed.

And this was even with Mueller under significant political pressure from the left to find anything he could to pin in Trump, and no doubt his own desire make history as the first prosecutor in the US to take down a sitting president. You can be certain that if there was anything, that Mueller would have pounced. Conclusion: He didn't have anything.
          And if Barr is misrepresenting his report as Nancy Pelosi has more than suggested and numerous members of the MSM have outright stated he would not sit still for it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And if Barr is misrepresenting his report as Nancy Pelosi has more than suggested and numerous members of the MSM have outright stated he would not sit still for it.
            Yep. With the investigation now concluded, he has no reason to keep his mouth shut, especially if his investigation is being misrepresented by a corrupt AG. At the very least, you know that relevant portions of Meuller's report that contradicted Barr's summary would have been leaked to the press within hours (and perhaps even minutes) of his letter being made public.

Comment

• Tweet from Rand Paul:

BREAKING: A high-level source tells me it was Brennan who insisted that the unverified and fake Steele dossier be included in the Intelligence Report... Brennan should be asked to testify under oath in Congress ASAP.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1110987950605680642

And here's the in-depth analysis of how this fits into the bigger picture:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...igence-report/

Comment

• Mueller was not on Trump's side at all. I believe that if Mueller couldn't find anything to indict Trump on after two years, then there is no "there" there. No matter how hard the Democrats wish there was.

Comment

Barr will be correct on the collusion thing. If we look at how Mueller defined collusion we can see that the bar is very high. Obstruction is much easier to demonstrate and we know that Trumpco lied about Russian connections and was generally very antagonistic towards Mueller. But why?

As for Mueller speaking up - only if he gives evidence to Congress.
                  Wrong FF Mueller would have no trouble calling out Barr if he was spinning or lying about what was in the report right now. a few months ago Buzzfeed posted a article about something coming down from Mueller that was not true quoting unnamed sources, Mueller had not trouble calling buzzfeed out on their lies he did not wait to give evidence to Congress. sorry FF you are wrong here.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    Wrong FF Mueller would have no trouble calling out Barr if he was spinning or lying about what was in the report right now. a few months ago Buzzfeed posted a article about something coming down from Mueller that was not true quoting unnamed sources, Mueller had not trouble calling buzzfeed out on their lies he did not wait to give evidence to Congress. sorry FF you are wrong here.
                    Yep... that was the report claiming that Mueller had evidence that Trump had ordered Cohen to lie to Congress. Mueller very quickly released a statement saying that the report was not accurate.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hen-testimony/

Comment

As for Schiff himself, he is doubling down still proclaiming that "Undoubtedly there is collusion." His hysterical rants are leading to calls for him to step down as Chair of the House Intelligence Committee (which won't happen).
                      It looks like all nine Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee are publicly calling for Schiff to step down with Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Tex) leading the charge saying it right to his face during the opening of a committee hearing

I doubt it'll much matter until, or unless, some Democrats join in.

Comment

• Schiff is pushing the idea that there is such thing as a non-criminal impeachable offense even though that directly contradicts the Constitution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Schiff is pushing the idea that there is such thing as a non-criminal impeachable offense even though that directly contradicts the Constitution.
                          For what it's worth, impeachment is pretty much a political thing, so we'll see if they have the stomach, knowing that it's remotely possible they could get the House to impeach, but I don't see anyway absent serious crime that they could get the Senate to convict.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It looks like all nine Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee are publicly calling for Schiff to step down with Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Tex) leading the charge saying it right to his face during the opening of a committee hearing

I doubt it'll much matter until, or unless, some Democrats join in.
                            Pelosi is backing Schiff. After calling critics "scaredy cats" she declared

And

It's their own insecurity, their own fear of the truth, their fear of the facts, and their fear of an effective patriotic leader, in his measured way, who's going to make sure the American people know the truth

I think they're probably as scared of Schiff as they are of AOC -- another far left Democrat that liberals insist that conservatives are terrified of. IOW, the more he talks the happier they are.

Pelosi also failed to address Schiff's claims that Mueller's report is full of B.S., namely that "undoubtedly there is collusion" and that he has a mountain of evidence (which he keeps forgetting to bring forth).
                            Last edited by rogue06; 03-28-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Collusion is still an open question - see Trumpcast on Monday past with Jed Shugerman.

Comment

Collusion is still an open question - see Trumpcast on Monday past with Jed Shugerman.
                                And the moon landing was faked and Elvis is still alive residing in a trailer park in Montana.

Comment