Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    True, just him and Roddy though!
    I suspect you're just trolling at this point, but again, here's the relevant paragraph from the summary with my own emphasis added:

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense. Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."

You're basically accusing the entire DOJ, including a number of anti-Trumpers and Obama hold-outs, of perpetrating a cover-up. It's absurd.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Funny video: Chief Dot-Connector Maxine Waters Knew There Was Collusion

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Mueller Investigation Concludes Hillary Clinton Was Actually Just A Terrible Candidate

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

It's not an investigator's job to exonerate anyone. It's a prosecutor's. See Comey/Lynch.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              It's not an investigator's job to exonerate anyone. It's a prosecutor's. See Comey/Lynch.

Comment

Mueller neither condemned nor exonerated but left it an open question to be decided by the Attorney General due to insufficient evidence; the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, after consulting with the heads of the Department of Justice, chose not to press charges for the same reason cited by Mueller: insufficient evidence to make a case. That's all the exoneration Trump needs.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-27-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  You cannot do justice in the dark.
                  Nothing is being kept in the dark. There's just nothing there to shine a light on.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Waaaaah!!!
                    FIFY n/c

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Mueller neither condemned nor exonerated but left it an open question to be decided by the Attorney General due to insufficient evidence; the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, after consulting with the heads of the Department of Justice, chose not to press charges for the same reason cited by Mueller: insufficient evidence to make a case. That's all the exoneration Trump needs.
                      All of that is speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                        All of that is speculation.
                        No it's not. It's clearly spelled out in Barr's summary. Did you even bother reading it?

Comment

• It is kind of ironic that all of a sudden Mueller is the republican's best friend and the democrat's worst enemy. A month ago it was the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            It is kind of ironic that all of a sudden Mueller is the republican's best friend and the democrat's worst enemy. A month ago it was the opposite.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            If Trump is cleared of colluding and/or any criminal wrongdoing I guess we'll see some serious back-pedaling on the rhetoric employed wrt Mueller from the White House and a ratcheting up of conspiracy theories from the left (if that is even possible)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              It is kind of ironic that all of a sudden Mueller is the republican's best friend and the democrat's worst enemy. A month ago it was the opposite.
                              Oh, I don't think he's the Republicans' best friend, and certainly not Trump's. I just think he knew better than to stick his neck out with phony charges when he had to answer to an AG who was willing to take his head off. Now if Jeff Sessions was still AG, I think things would have played out significantly differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Oh, I don't think he's the Republicans' best friend, and certainly not Trump's. I just think he knew better than to stick his neck out with phony charges when he had to answer to an AG who was willing to take his head off. Now if Jeff Sessions was still AG, I think things would have played out significantly differently.
                                I was referring to the white house and conservatives (including you and me) saying what a snake Mueller is and how he is misusing his powers and we can't trust him, etc, while the liberals were claiming he was honest and on their side and was going to stick it to Trump and then we will see what a traitor Trump was. And now we conservatives are defending Mueller and the liberals are hating him.

Comment