Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    People who do what they believe to be wrong, or immoral, are not necessarily mentally ill. If they were then we would all be mentally ill.
    Well now. From the Christian stand-point ...
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That merely states personal opinions, wherein both parties believe it wrong, the former restraining himself, the latter acting on it. But how do you think the moral conclusion itself is arrived at, based on what?
      That adults having sex with children is wrong. Do you disagree? Do you think adults having sex with children is OK?

People who do what they believe to be wrong, or immoral, are not necessarily mentally ill. If they were then we would all be mentally ill.
      OK, they could be perfectly sane and just evil as hell.

As explained above, you didn't answer the question I asked.
      I did answer you. Now you answer. I know you won't because you would either have to agree with me, or admit you think adults having sex with children is moral.

Rock, meet hard place.
      Last edited by Sparko; 04-17-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• You claimed that it is only a mental disorder if someone is distressed by their thoughts.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Your question betrays your ignorance. 'Mental disorders' are inextricably tied to behavior. A 'mental disorder' is a major disturbance or distress in thinking, feelings and behavior resulting in unacceptable behavior or disability or harm being caused in social situations or in the workplace. If they do not cause personal distress or disability and are not acted upon, they cannot be appropriately referred to as a mental disorder.

Therefore you think that the person who is distressed by their thoughts of pedophilia is mentally ill even though they seek help to stop, while the person who is not distressed by their thoughts and plans on acting on them is not mentally ill.

That is what you said. You can't back out of it now.

Or you could just take your foot out of your mouth and admit you were wrong.

I could at least respect that.
        Last edited by Sparko; 04-17-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That adults having sex with children is wrong. Do you disagree? Do you think adults having sex with children is OK?
          Of course I think it's wrong, but the question which you failed to answer was why is it considered wrong.

OK, they could be perfectly sane and just evil as hell.
          They could very well be perfectly sane just as are you when you do what you believe to be wrong.

I did answer you. Now you answer. I know you won't because you would either have to agree with me, or admit you think adults having sex with children is moral.

Rock, meet hard place.
          No, as shown above, you keep avoiding to answer.

Comment

Of course I think it's wrong, but the question which you failed to answer was why is it considered wrong.
            Why do YOU think it is wrong, Jim?

They could very well be perfectly sane just as are you when you do what you believe to be wrong.
            If they are sane and having sex with children or even desiring it, then they are evil. Unless of course you think it is perfectly normal?

No, as shown above, you keep avoiding to answer.
            How am I avoiding the answer? I answered you every time. Are you expecting a specific answer?

The only one avoiding answering is YOU.

And we all know why. Because you either have to agree with me or say that pedophilia is moral. You are caught in your own trap.

Comment

Why do YOU think it is wrong, Jim?
              For the same reason we make it a crime, because children are deemed to be unable to make reasoned choices and can be emotionally harmed. Thats why we have age of consent laws< Sparko.

If they are sane and having sex with children or even desiring it, then they are evil. Unless of course you think it is perfectly normal?
              You're a very simple minded fellow there, Sparko. For one thing, sanity has nothing to do with it, and why it is wrong I've already explained. Normal btw, is what we as a people determine to be normal. Sigmund Freud!

How am I avoiding the answer? I answered you every time. Are you expecting a specific answer?

The only one avoiding answering is YOU.
              My question wasn't what it is that you believe to be wrong, which is the question you answered. My question to you was why do you think a thing (such as pedophilia) is considered to be wrong?
              And we all know why. Because you either have to agree with me or say that pedophilia is moral. You are caught in your own trap.
              I answered, now lets see if you can do the same without the evasion.
              Last edited by JimL; 04-17-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

For the same reason we make it a crime, because children are deemed to be unable to make reasoned choices and can be emotionally harmed. Thats why we have age of consent laws< Sparko....
                Yet in your defense of NAMBLA, you couldn't quite figure out what that age of consent would be, or what even a "boy" was. Perhaps time to consult your talkingpointsforliberaldummies* source?

*or whatever site it was from which you get your nonsense
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Yet in your defense of NAMBLA, you couldn't quite figure out what that age of consent would be, or what even a "boy" was. Perhaps time to consult your talkingpointsforliberaldummies* source?

*or whatever site it was from which you get your nonsense
                  Actually, if I remember correctly, thats what the discussion was actually about and I asked you continually to tell me what the age of consent should be and you evaded answering, which like Sparko above, as is your forte.

Comment

Actually, if I remember correctly, thats what the discussion was actually about and I asked you continually to tell me what the age of consent should be and you evaded answering, which like Sparko above, as is your forte.
                    You kept asking the question "what is a boy?" - and you were defending NAMBLA --- The age of consent was already established by law, dummy, but you were trying to justify NAMBLA's violation of that law.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You kept asking the question "what is a boy?" - and you were defending NAMBLA --- The age of consent was already established by law, dummy, but you were trying to justify NAMBLA's violation of that law.
                      I remember that discussion well, and I'm still surprised JimL went there.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Laughing -- I have a WHOLE PAGE of copy/pasted quotes of his showing what a dishonest (or confused) little weasel he is.

Just let him try to push this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

Comment

You claimed that it is only a mental disorder if someone is distressed by their thoughts.
                            non-consensual
                            Therefore you think that the person who is distressed by their thoughts of pedophilia is mentally ill even though they seek help to stop, while the person who is not distressed by their thoughts and plans on acting on them is not mentally ill.
                            See above.

That is what you said. You can't back out of it now.
                            No, that is what you in your typically misleading fashion, said I said. I actually said no such thing.

Or you could just take your foot out of your mouth and admit you were wrong.

I could at least respect that.
                            Last edited by Tassman; 04-17-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• You're a liar. And a Drama Queen one at that. And I notice little Jimmy hasn't come back to defend his hooliganism.

Comment

• Yet, you seem to think that Sparko will be reduced to tears by the drama queen ranting of an anti-Christian bigot who routinely spews forth false allegations?

Tassman, you seem especially unstable today --- need a tissue?

Comment