Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    He tried to pick up a woman. Since she got married in 2004 and the tape was from 2005, very possibly right before he married Melania. While I certainly don't support him "hitting on" a married woman it hardly supports the claims made against him
    The tape dates from 2006, actually and it's Trump's own lewd monologue in his own gloating voice. The "married women" bit was but one small part of the whole tape. As for Melania she was in residence apparently when he had sex with Stormy Daniels...or was that with with Karen McDougal, one loses track. All of which, IMHO,supports the claims made against him about his immoral sexual history with women.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      The tape dates from 2006, actually and it's Trump's own lewd monologue in his own gloating voice. The "married women" bit was but one small part of the whole tape. As for Melania she was in residence apparently when he had sex with Stormy Daniels...or was that with with Karen McDougal, one loses track. All of which, IMHO,supports the claims made against him about his immoral sexual history with women.
      Nothing on that tape supports any of the allegations against Trump. It was idle boasting at worst. Lewd and immoral, sure, but not criminal. Furthermore, O'Dell never accused him of doing anything inappropriate. As for Daniels and McDougal, anything he might have done with them was consensual.

On the other hand, we have dozens of pictures and videos of Gropin' Joe literally caught in the act, pawing all over women and young girls(!), sniffing their hair, kissing their heads, whispering in their ear, all while the victims are visibly uncomfortable and clearly wish the old pervert would just go away. If anybody not named Joe Biden ever tried that with a female subordinate, or the wife or daughter of one of his employees, he would be immediately fired and probably sued by the victim.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-10-2019, 05:58 AM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        The Trump accusations are highly credible and his "talking sexist on tape" was sexist gloating about what he does to women at every opportunity... complete with tic-tacs to keep his breath fresh when he forcefully kisses them. A thoughtful touch, don't you think?

OTOH, unlike your hero Trump, Biden has only been accused of making women feel uncomfortable, NOT sexually harassing them. He is a lovable old fart from the old school who has a creditable history of championing women's rights. And he has acknowledged that his old-school avuncular habits need to change with the times.
        That IS sexual harassment, Tassman. Where have you been? Touching women without consent and making them uncomfortable is sexual harassment. Not to mention children.

Comment

• I said it is either a mental disorder, or they are evil. Because having sexual fantasies and desires about raping children or women is not NORMAL.

Normal people don't have those kind of fantasies and desires do they Tassman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            That IS sexual harassment, Tassman. Where have you been? Touching women without consent and making them uncomfortable is sexual harassment. Not to mention children.

Comment

I said it is either a mental disorder, or they are evil. Because having sexual fantasies and desires about raping children or women is not NORMAL.
              Normal people don't have those kind of fantasies and desires do they Tassman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Nothing on that tape supports any of the allegations against Trump.
                It was idle boasting at worst. Lewd and immoral, sure, but not criminal. Furthermore, O'Dell never accused him of doing anything inappropriate. As for Daniels and McDougal, anything he might have done with them was consensual.
                On the other hand, we have dozens of pictures and videos of Gropin' Joe literally caught in the act, pawing all over women and young girls(!), sniffing their hair, kissing their heads, whispering in their ear, all while the victims are visibly uncomfortable and clearly wish the old pervert would just go away. If anybody not named Joe Biden ever tried that with a female subordinate, or the wife or daughter of one of his employees, he would be immediately fired and probably sued by the victim.
                What a joke you are MM.

Despite your best attempts to make much of nothing no one has complained of sexual harassment by Biden, merely being made to feel uncomfortable. My favorite aunt makes me feel uncomfortable when she does the same thing.

Comment

• Making women and young girls feel uncomfortable because you're inappropriately touching them, sniffing their hair, kissing their heads, and whispering in their ears is sexual harassment by definition, and in Biden's case, we have dozens of photographs and videos irrefutably proving his guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                    Despite your best attempts to make much of nothing...
                    So you'd be okay with your boss, or another man you didn't know pawing all over your wife and young daughter, sniffing their hair, kissing them on the head, and so on the way Biden has been caught doing on camera? My own wife would knockout any man who dared to touch her like that. (With the obvious exception of her husband. )

Comment

• No. Nobody has accused him of sexual ASSAULT. They are accusing him of sexual harassment. Sniffing hair and kissing the back of someone's head IS sexual harassment.

Your granny pinching your cheek is not the same as a stranger feeling up a woman and sniffing her hair. Even an idiot like you knows that.

You were telling me that me holding an elevator door open for a woman was toxic masculinity, now that it is someone on your side, they can get away with kissing a woman on the back of the head and feeling her up and it's OK with you.

Your double standard is obvious to everyone and leaves you with zero credibility here Tassman.

Comment

• So a matter of degree? Let's say someone regularly fantasizes about having sex with children or raping women. Is that normal?

Comment

• Tassman:

Why aren't you defending Trump? He is an old man (nearly as old as Biden) who has old-fashioned ideas about how to treat women. He can't help it, that was just the way things were when he was raised, right? Kissing and grabbing women was normal back then, right?

Comment

• Mrs. Tassman: You know, the way your boss touched me and kissed my head really made me feel uncomfortable.

Tassman: Didn't he though? Ha ha ha! So what do you want to do for lunch?

Mrs. Tassman:

Comment

• noun
                              noun: sexual harassment

behavior characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.

Comment

No. Nobody has accused him of sexual ASSAULT. They are accusing him of sexual harassment. Sniffing hair and kissing the back of someone's head IS sexual harassment.
                                He is being accused of
                                Your granny pinching your cheek is not the same as a stranger feeling up a woman and sniffing her hair.
                                Well with MY granny and senior relatives it is (or was) the full hug and stroking of hair. I never liked it but accepted it because it came from a kind place. It was never sexual behavior and neither was Biden's.

, now that it is someone on your side, they can get away with kissing a woman on the back of the head and feeling her up and it's OK with you.
                                Why aren't you defending Trump? He is an old man (nearly as old as Biden) who has old-fashioned ideas about how to treat women. He can't help it, that was just the way things were when he was raised, right? Kissing and grabbing women was normal back then, right?
                                Last edited by Tassman; 04-12-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment