Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It arose because men saw it as their duty to protect women because it's a biological fact that on average women are physically weaker than men. Letting a woman go first allows the man to keep her in his sight and protect her from any harm that might come her way.

And before you object to the "women are physically weaker" part, suppose you were picking a security detail for yourself. Who would you rather surround yourself with: male security guards, or female security guards?
    Noting of course that there are some female security guards who can "compete with the best of them", but for the most part....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Noting of course that there are some female security guards who can "compete with the best of them", but for the most part....
      There are the rare exceptions, but even then, in a contest of physical strength, I would bet on a group of men over a group of women any day. Rhonda Rousey for a while was considered the best female MMA fighter, but she would have been easily demolished by the best male fighter.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I think this shows the incredible depravity of the liberals --- argue endlessly because a man wants to be a gentleman, and be nice to ladies, but defend the butches who kill innocent unborn babies.

(obviously, this doesn't apply to the rare liberal who is not pro-abortion)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Well today the Toxic Females got payback on me. Three of them were getting on the elevator as I approached and.... They let the elevator door close in my face rather than politely holding it open for me!
          All people can be rude, regrettably, regardless of gender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            It arose because men saw it as their duty to protect women because it's a biological fact that on average women are physically weaker than men. Letting a woman go first allows the man to keep her in his sight and protect her from any harm that might come her way.
            Just because male domination may be in some sense natural for our species does not make it necessary nowadays when intellectual capacity is equally important to physical dominance. Historically, male physical dominance had resulted in gross moral inequities towards women.

And before you object to the "women are physically weaker" part, suppose you were picking a security detail for yourself. Who would you rather surround yourself with: male security guards, or female security guards?
            It would depend upon who was best at handling the job. Physical strength is not necessary the deciding factor. Colonel Gadhafi always surrounded himself with female guards, although his motives were a bit suspect, admittedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              I generally won't go out of my way to hold the door for a guy (unless he is right there) I have never offered to carry a guys groceries...
              The question was, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                The question was, why?
                That is the way I was brought up. For instance if a lady friend was to ride in my car, I would open the car door for her, but I never did that for a guy friend. Are you saying you wouldn't open the car door for the lady? I was taught to give special treatment to women. You never hit a girl - I have hit plenty of guys.
                Last edited by seer; 02-08-2019, 08:06 AM.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  All people can be rude, regrettably, regardless of gender.
                  So when a man is rude, it is "toxic masculinity" but when woman is rude it is "All people can be rude, regrettably, regardless of gender"? Nice double standard Tassman.

I said the same thing about "toxic masculinity" earlier in the thread, that if a man is just being rude or a jerk that isn't "masculinity" it is just a person being a jerk, and it was dismissed.
                  Last edited by Sparko; 02-08-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

That is the way I was brought up. For instance if a lady friend was to ride in my car, I would open the car door for her, but I never did that for a guy friend. Are you saying you wouldn't open the car door for the lady? I was taught to give special treatment to women. You never hit a girl - I have hit plenty of guys.
                    So, is that your reason then, simply because you were brought up that way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      So when a man is rude, it is "toxic masculinity" but when woman is rude it is "All people can be rude, regrettably, regardless of gender"? Nice double standard Tassman.

I said the same thing about "toxic masculinity" earlier in the thread, that if a man is just being rude or a jerk that isn't "masculinity" it is just a person being a jerk, and it was dismissed.
                      Recently when women copy the worst behavior traits of men it is called "empowerment."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        So, is that your reason then, simply because you were brought up that way?
                        Jim would you open the car door for a lady? Yes or no?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          Historically, male physical dominance had resulted in gross moral inequities towards women.
                          Yes, like politely holding the door open for them, or offering to carry their groceries or perform some other physical task.

So masculine. So toxic.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm simply asking you a question seer. Can you not answer it?

Comment

I would love to see one of these "woke" liberal men out on a date. Make her pay for it all probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Recently when women copy the worst behavior traits of men it is called "empowerment."
                                Yep.

But you know, the only place I really encounter these liberal nutjobs is on the internet and in the media. In real life, I never seem to see these elusive "woke" creatures. I haven't had any women yell at me for being a gentlemen, or calling me toxic. Maybe I just don't live in the right (I mean "left") area of the country.

Comment