Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller report will be 'devastating' for the president: Frequent Trump defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I don't want you to put words in my mouth, Charles. Instead of doubling down on what you've already been told is an incorrect representation of what I posted, you could maybe ask me for clarification. As it happens, I mean that Trump is thin-skinned, and tends to attack those whom he perceives as attacking him.
    And you don't find that he could be more focused on facts in his attacks or what exactly was wrong with the statement that:

If the Trump associates that Mueller has continued to knock down were indeed innocent, the President might be spending his time presenting facts to prove the case rather than attacking Mueller and the investigation. And we all know that when you're attacking investigators, you're losing.
    ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      And you don't find that he could be more focused on facts in his attacks or what exactly was wrong with the statement that:

?
      I'm not defending Trump's actions, Charles - merely disagreeing with your representation of them. The President should be spending his time governing, not attacking people.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I'm not defending Trump's actions, Charles - merely disagreeing with your representation of them.
        What exactly do you disagree with?

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The President should be spending his time governing, not attacking people.
        Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
          So Mueller seeks no prison time for Flynn. It is going to be interesting to get more details on what he provided.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7e7_story.html
          Eh, based on what was released, there doesn't seem to be anything that would implicate Trump. I know liberals are hyperventilating about Trump's transition team having contact with Russian officials, but that's what transition teams do: they start paving the way for the next administration, establishing relationships and lines of communication with foreign governments, and Trump's team was in contact not only with Russia but with a number of other countries.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So how did this "conspiracy" morph from "Trump was working with Putin to steal the election" to "Trump was working with Russians to build a hotel during his campaign?"
            https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/04/p...ing/index.html

Comment

• A number of legal analysts echo Dershowitz's sentiments that Trump is in no legal jeopardy, and now low-info liberals are desperately trying to reconcile that with the slop the liberal media has been feeding them for the past two-years.

Source: Mueller�s Flynn Memo Disappoints Resisters: No Jail Time or Hints of Collusion

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-of-collusion/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                A number of legal analysts echo Dershowitz's sentiments that Trump is in no legal jeopardy, and now low-info liberals are desperately trying to reconcile that with the slop the liberal media has been feeding them for the past two-years.

Source: Mueller�s Flynn Memo Disappoints Resisters: No Jail Time or Hints of Collusion

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-of-collusion/

© Copyright Original Source

I'm officially avoiding commenting until Mueller's full hand has been revealed. It really is a wast of time speculating. It is what it is, and we don't yet know what it is.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  I'm officially avoiding commenting until Mueller's full hand has been revealed. It really is a wast of time speculating. It is what it is, and we don't yet know what it is.

Jim
                  Yeah
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We can look at the case he's developing based on information that has been publicly released draw some reasonable inferences.

Comment

Jim
                      I disagree, we know what it is, we know it's obstruction of justice, we know the Administration was colluding with Russia, that's why the obstruction, and we know that Trump is in it for his own financial benefit and is reaping millions, particularly from the Saudi's, in violation of the emolluments clause. In other words we know that Trump and his family are for sale, and that U.S. security is at risk, not to mention democracy itself. We know all of ("his best people") are being thrown out of office for theft, are being indicted, or are going to prison. The fish rots from the head down. So much for draining the swamp! We also know that if Trump were innocent of all he is being investigated of, he could have cooperated with the investigation instead of running from it and setting up road blocks to it, it would have been over long ago. But Trump has already accidentally, but openly, admitted his guilt when talking to his Russian co-conspirators in the oval office.

Comment

We can look at the case he's developing based on information that has been publicly released draw some reasonable inferences.
                        Yes, we can, and the inference is that Trump and his administration are guilty as sin.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Yes, we can, and the inference is that Trump and his administration are guilty as sin.
                          Not according to legal analysts. The general conclusion is that Mueller's witch-hunt will inflict political damage at worse if it damages Trump at all.

Comment

Not according to legal analysts. The general conclusion is that Mueller's witch-hunt will inflict political damage at worse if it damages Trump at all.
                            Well, that depends on the political analysts you choose to listen to, and in your case, it's the wrong ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Well, that depends on the political analysts you choose to listen to, and in your case, it's the wrong ones.
                              Because they're not telling you what you want to hear?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Jim, MM said legal analysts, not political analysts. It is not at all improbable that Mueller's report will be politically, but not legally, damaging to Trump. Mueller's case, as has been revealed so far, appears to be entirely built on people having copped to lying about stuff; it's notably difficult to support a legal case with admitted liars.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment