Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller report will be 'devastating' for the president: Frequent Trump defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    From what I've seen of your theology, I suspect you actually do run with a pretty fringe Christian crowd, so it doesn't surprise me that you would encounter people like this.

But I'd be curious what they really believe. For instance, would you lump me into that group if I said that God can use Trump to achieve His ends (just as He can use any of us), but that I don't believe that Trump was hand-picked or ordained by God for that purpose?
    Politics aside, from what I've seen his theology ranges from middle-of-the-road to conservative

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Politics aside, from what I've seen his theology ranges from middle-of-the-road to conservative
      Yeah, his obsession/fixation on the evils or Trump aside, Jim sees pretty solid theologically.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Very keen:

And some interesting history:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/02/o...ell/index.html
        Meh. This IS Trump we're talking about. I'm fairly certain he'd be attacking Mueller regardless, because that's how he rolls.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, his obsession/fixation on the evils or Trump aside, Jim sees pretty solid theologically.
          I dunno, I've seen him dig up some shockingly poor exegesis, but maybe that was just a one off, so my criticism in this regard might be unfair. We all have our moments. As my theology professor used to say, some day, God is going to correct everybody's theology.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            As my theology professor used to say, some day, God is going to correct everybody's theology.
            And even that statement will be corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Meh. This IS Trump we're talking about. I'm fairly certain he'd be attacking Mueller regardless, because that's how he rolls.
              Ok. So he will rather go for personal attacks than deal with the facts?

Comment

Ok. So he will rather go for personal attacks than deal with the facts?
                Not what I said. Care to try again?
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

by know-it-alls such as yourself?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• So how did this "conspiracy" morph from "Trump was working with Putin to steal the election" to "Trump was working with Russians to build a hotel during his campaign?" and how is it even relevant since he was working on that deal long before his run for president?

How does building a hotel equate to Russians hacking our election? Are they that desperate for hotels over there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        So how did this "conspiracy" morph from "Trump was working with Putin to steal the election" to "Trump was working with Russians to build a hotel during his campaign?" and how is it even relevant since he was working on that deal long before his run for president?

How does building a hotel equate to Russians hacking our election? Are they that desperate for hotels over there?
                        When your pet conspiracy theory is sinking fast, you grasp at anything that looks as if it might float.
                        sigpic

Comment

When your pet conspiracy theory is sinking fast, you grasp at anything that looks as if it might float.
                          Trump is just trying to help homeless immigrants to Russia by building them a hotel to stay in.

Comment

Not what I said. Care to try again?
                            It was your response to this:

If the Trump associates that Mueller has continued to knock down were indeed innocent, the President might be spending his time presenting facts to prove the case rather than attacking Mueller and the investigation. And we all know that when you're attacking investigators, you're losing.
                            So the point made in the text was that Trump should focus on facts if they spoke in favour of his case. And your response was:
                            "Meh. This IS Trump we're talking about. I'm fairly certain he'd be attacking Mueller regardless, because that's how he rolls. " And then you don't want to admit he goes for personal attacks rather than facts...

Comment

• So Mueller seeks no prison time for Flynn. It is going to be interesting to get more details on what he provided.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7e7_story.html

Comment

It was your response to this:

So the point made in the text was that Trump should focus on facts if they spoke in favour of his case. And your response was:
                                "Meh. This IS Trump we're talking about. I'm fairly certain he'd be attacking Mueller regardless, because that's how he rolls. " And then you don't want to admit he goes for personal attacks rather than facts...
                                I don't want you to put words in my mouth, Charles. Instead of doubling down on what you've already been told is an incorrect representation of what I posted, you could maybe ask me for clarification. As it happens, I mean that Trump is thin-skinned, and tends to attack those whom he perceives as attacking him.
                                sigpic

Comment