Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    No he is not right. Do you really think Trump being nice to Kim or saying nice things about him really means he wants to be a dictator like Kim? Trump is a narcissist and the way that works is if someone says something against them, they are enemy number 1. Thus when Kim was bragging about hitting the USA with a missile, he was mocked and called "rocket man" - when Kim agreed to sit down with Trump and promised to stop his missiles and talked to SK, then he was on Trump's "side" and he got praised for it. And Trump knows now to use that to get what he wants. Be nice to get what you want. It is indeed a "game" to him, but it doesn't mean Trump wants to be a dictator. That's just asinine. Trump will do the same thing with Chuck Shumer or Nancy Pelosi as we have seen. Doesn't mean he wants to be a democrat again.

But to you and other liberals, you complain both ways - when he denigrates the dictator he is endangering us by provoking a madman. When he is nice, he wants to be a dictator like them. No win situation.
    you think I'm a liberal

It depends on ones perspective I guess. To people in the KKK, EVERYBODY is a liberal!

No Sparko, I'm pretty sure I'm on the moderate side of conservative on most issues.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by charles View Post
      judging from your obvious use of whataboutism it seems you know you have a very bad case...

You see, in diplomacy you don't have to forget who you are and what your own values are. Calling a man who runs concentration camps a great personality is not diplomacy but lack of integrity and lack of moral guidance. Your idea that it might help in other cases is convenient but pure speculation. Perhaps you should consider the situation of the people in the camps? They certainly need help but got the opposite from the american president.

And don't waste your time: I am not going to call it ok if you can point to obama, hillary or anyone else doing the same or doing something along those lines.
      rofl!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        you think I'm a liberal

It depends on ones perspective I guess. To people in the KKK, EVERYBODY is a liberal!

No Sparko, I'm pretty sure I'm on the moderate side of conservative on most issues.

Jim
        Wow so now I am in the KKK?

No Jim, you are far from conservative.

On the political compass test. I came in almost in the center, just a hair bit to the right.

moralcompass.png

Comment

No he is not right. Do you really think Trump being nice to Kim or saying nice things about him really means he wants to be a dictator like Kim?
          Unfortunately that is just the sort of irrational thinking that has taken hold.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On the political compass test. I came in almost in the center, just a hair bit to the right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33799[/ATTACH]
            Nope, never said you were with the KKK, BUT I did predict that is how you would respond. Which goes to how you approach conversation with me.

Please list areas where you think I am 'not converative'. I'd like to get a look at what conservative means to you.

Who knows, you may convince me I've mislabeled myself.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Unfortunately that is just the sort of irrational thinking that has taken hold.
              Explain what is irrational about it please.

Jim

Comment

rofl!!!!
                why? He's dead on.

Is it possible for you to consider being in a concentration camp in NK because of something you said about Kim Jong Un. And the guard comes in, kicks you around a bit, and then he says this:

Even The American President despises you. You who have made yourself an enemy of our people. Even the American President recognizes how great our leader is!

He then pulls up recording of Trumps comments.

Then he spits on you. And tells you are nothing, disgusting. An enemy of the entire world. See. There is the proof.

Then he exits.

Can you imagine? Can you think about how that played out over and over to the people that have suffered untold horrors in NK opposing Kim Jong Un.

And YOU are here rofl.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  You are missing my point: Nothing justifies calling this man a great personality. That is just wrong in moral terms. And calling him Rocket Man is childish and stupid. But feel free to try to find your way out of the fact that Trump calls a man who runs concentration camps a great personality. I have no doubt what I think.
                  He did not "call [him] a great personality." He said he HAS a great personality. The two are not the same.

Kim IS a terrible personality; he is a notable individual, but heinously evil.

He may well HAVE a great personality; he may be charming and engaging.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    He did not "call [him] a great personality." He said he HAS a great personality. The two are not the same.

Kim IS a terrible personality; he is a notable individual, but heinously evil.

He may well HAVE a great personality; he may be charming and engaging.
                    https://www.vox.com/world/2018/6/12/...a-great-fervor

Second and far more important here is what he said about the man who runs concentration camps, tortures and starves people to death:

To say this while people are tortured and starving shows a complete lack of moral guidance and it shows a complete lack of decency.

In order to put things into perspective:

"I believe that the conditions in the [North] Korean prison camps are as terrible, or even worse, than those I saw and experienced in my youth in these Nazi camps and in my long professional career in the human rights field," said Buergenthal, who was in Auschwitz and Sachsenhausen as a child, as well as the ghetto of Kielce, Poland. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c76_story.html
                    So, once again, I have no doubt where I should stand in this discussion, and I wonder why some twebbers are doing their best to try to justify Trump on this.
                    Last edited by Charles; 12-15-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• UN preliminary report is worth a read.

Comment

• Bezos v Trump, Pecker, MBS coalition?!?!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33799[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Deadline passes. Trump violates Magnitsky Act.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Thank you for providing even more evidence that starlight's favorite test is absolutely worthless (according to it I'm significantly further to the left than you are)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Thank you for providing even more evidence that starlight's favorite test is absolutely worthless (according to it I'm significantly further to the left than you are)
                                I guess it depends on how honestly you answered the questions.

Comment