Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You would be much more convincing if you used actual quotes and linked sources. At this point I don't believe anything you say, especially if you admit to "paraphrasing"
    JimL's not here to convince people. He's stated repeatedly that we're not smart enough to understand the truth anyway, so why bother?
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      JimL's not here to convince people. He's stated repeatedly that we're not smart enough to understand the truth anyway, so why bother?
      Which is why I pretty much just ignore JimL.

Comment

I think most of us would need to undergo a frontal lobotomy to have the sorta smarts that jimmy demonstrates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which is why I pretty much just ignore JimL.
          Who?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You would be much more convincing if you used actual quotes and linked sources. At this point I don't believe anything you say, especially if you admit to "paraphrasing"
            Here is one of trumps responses to whether or not to respond to the saudi involvement in the khashoggi killing.

Source: trump

TRUMP: We'll have to see what happens. A lot of work is being done on that, and we're going to have to see what happens. I don't like stopping massive amounts of money that's being poured into our country on -- I know they're talking about different kinds of sanctions, but they're spending $110 billion on military equipment and on things that create jobs, like jobs and others, for this country.

I don't like the concept of stopping an investment of $110 billion into the United States.... I will tell you, upfront, right now, and I'll say it in front of senators: They're spending $110 billion purchasing military equipment and other things.... I would not be in favor of stopping a country from spending $110 billion -- which is an all-time record.

© Copyright Original Source

Iow, they are giving us lots of money, so i can forgive this little nasty on their part.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Here is one of trumps responses to whether or not to respond to the saudi involvement in the khashoggi killing.

TRUMP: We'll have to see what happens. A lot of work is being done on that, and we're going to have to see what happens. I don't like stopping massive amounts of money that's being poured into our country on -- I know they're talking about different kinds of sanctions, but they're spending $110 billion on military equipment and on things that create jobs, like jobs and others, for this country.

I don't like the concept of stopping an investment of $110 billion into the United States.... I will tell you, upfront, right now, and I'll say it in front of senators: They're spending $110 billion purchasing military equipment and other things.... I would not be in favor of stopping a country from spending $110 billion -- which is an all-time record.

Iow, they are giving us lots of money, so i can forgive this little nasty on their part.

Jim
              Can you provide an actual link? Or some context? or a time frame?

"Source Trump" doesn't really cut it.

Comment

Jim
                ok I found your source for you.

And there was more to it than that. He said he didn't want to use sanctions but that something needed to be done. And at the time they were not sure what happened. It was all hypothetical.

Q Well, do you think they should pay a price if it turns out that the Saudis are responsible?

THE PRESIDENT:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...seas-act-2018/

Comment

Can you provide an actual link? Or some context? or a time frame?

"Source Trump" doesn't really cut it.
                  The point was more to show that you could easily have looked it up yourself if you cared to know. Seems silly to demand i do all the work for you

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The point was more to show that you could easily have looked it up yourself if you cared to know. Seems silly to demand i do all the work for you

Jim
                    Careful, there, Jim --- JimL actually practices that routinely!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim
                      Are you an adult? Why be petty like this?
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'll spoon feed you when I feel like it, in the meantime, if you really care, which I know you don't, you know how to check the validity of my claim.

Comment

Well, if the shoe fits, OBP. It's not that you're not smart enough though, you're all plenty smart enough here, it's just that you're stuck in a certain mindset, and there is very little anyone can do to convince you otherwise. You're on team Trump now, you have to continue defending him, because in doing so you are defending yourselves.

Comment

ok I found your source for you.

And there was more to it than that. He said he didn't want to use sanctions but that something needed to be done. And at the time they were not sure what happened. It was all hypothetical.

Q Well, do you think they should pay a price if it turns out that the Saudis are responsible?

THE PRESIDENT:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...seas-act-2018/
                            Now maybe you'll understand why I don't always go out of my way to cite my sources. For one thing you could check my claim for yourself if you actually cared. For another, you just hand wave them away anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Careful, there, Jim --- JimL actually practices that routinely!
                              I was looking up an example FOR you to satisfy your complaint against jiml. This has been in the news over and over again. The compaint jiml didnt provide a link was mostly just an excuse to slam him personally, as opposed to engaging his point. So my point to you is given this isnt my fight and I did you a favor, you have nothing to complain about, and I had no obligation to do anything at all, let alone be criticised for not doing more.

Jim

Comment

I was looking up an example FOR you to satisfy your complaint against jiml. This has been in the news over and over again. The compaint jiml didnt provide a link was mostly just an excuse to slam him personally, as opposed to engaging his point. So my point to you is given this isnt my fight and I did you a favor, you have nothing to complain about, and I had no obligation to do anything at all, let alone be criticised for not doing more.

Jim
                                You were responding to Sparko.

Comment