Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The irony is that she could have potentially stayed ahead of this thing if she hadn't pushed it with that DNA test.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      This has to be so humiliating for her. She has made it her identity for her entire professional career spanning decades, and it has all come apart in only a few months.
      I don't know if she CAN be humiliated... I think, generally, she thinks she's so smart that she thinks her followers are buying it. And maybe they are.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I don't know if Trump CAN be humiliated... I think, generally, he thinks he's so smart that he thinks his followers, like CP, are buying it. And no doubt they are.
        fify.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          fify.
          You're really not very good at this - you should leave this to the experts.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]34936[/ATTACH]
            Same old same old from little jimmy.
            Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Same old same old from little jimmy.
              He's not even any fun anymore ---- he's just.... blah. He needs to step it up a couple notches.

Comment

He's not even any fun anymore ---- he's just.... blah. He needs to step it up a couple notches.
                TDS claims another victim. RIP
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  TDS claims another victim. RIP
                  He's just so freakin' predictable!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    In spite of weak denials on her part I think it is pretty clear she used her claim to advance her career and now that claim appears to be ending it.
                    Her natural ability and professional skills is what advanced her career. I think it is pretty clear she used her claim because it was grounded in family lore and and she was proud of it. She was vindicated about the DNA, but wrong in that she was unaware that "Tribes, and only tribes, determined tribal citizenship" and not DNA per se. But, you are probaly correct in that it's ended the future advancement of her career

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      She was vindicated about the DNA...
                      No she wasn't, not unless it was her intent to prove that she's one of the whitest people in America.

At best, Warren naively perpetuated a family lie; at worst, she's complicit.

Comment

He's like a bot with only one programmed response. It's so predictable how he'll respond it is like guessing which direction the sun will rise from smiley yawn.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Her natural ability and professional skills is what advanced her career. I think it is pretty clear she used her claim because it was grounded in family lore and and she was proud of it. She was vindicated about the DNA, but wrong in that she was unaware that "Tribes, and only tribes, determined tribal citizenship" and not DNA per se. But, you are probaly correct in that it's ended the future advancement of her career
                          Considering how places like Harvard promoted the fact that they now had a "person of color" on their staff after they hired her it is really hard to deny that her claiming she was Native American didn't play a major factor.

And the DNA test showed she is among the whitest of the white people in the country. The average American of European descent has slightly more than twice as much Native American DNA.
                          Last edited by rogue06; 02-08-2019, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              No she wasn't, not unless it was her intent to prove that she's one of the whitest people in America.

At best, Warren naively perpetuated a family lie; at worst, she's complicit.

Comment

• That and the fact that every attempt to validate her claims through genealogies and family records showed that her ancestors are exclusively white going back for generations. Even her parents' claims that they were forced to elope don't stand up under scrutiny with church records and newspaper clippings suggesting that they had a traditional Methodist wedding. These revelations were widely reported, so it's pretty much impossible that Warren didn't know about these discrepancies. At the very least, she should have been suspicious of her "family lies lore".

Here's an article from 2012:

Source: Is Elizabeth Warren Native American or What?

Despite a nearly three week flap over her claim of "being Native American," the progressive consumer advocate has been unable to point to evidence of Native heritage except for an unsubstantiated thirdhand report that she might be 1/32 Cherokee. Even if it could be proven, it wouldn't qualify her to be a member of a tribe: Contrary to assertions in outlets from The New York Times to Mother Jones that having 1/32 Cherokee ancestry is "sufficient for tribal citizenship," "Indian enough" for "the Cherokee Nation," and "not a deal-breaker," Warren would not be eligible to become a member of any of the three federally recognized Cherokee tribes based on the evidence so far surfaced by independent genealogists about her ancestry.

"These are my family stories," Warren has said. "This is what my brothers and I were told by my mom and my dad, my mammaw and my pappaw." But so far she and her campaign have been unable to establish that her family lore about being part Native American is anything more than one of the most widely shared family myths known to American genealogical researchers, myths especially prevalent in Warren's home state of Oklahoma, the state with the highest percent of Native Americans in the nation and one where the Cherokee are the largest minority group.

"There's a running joke in Indian country: If you meet somebody who you wouldn't necessarily think is Native, but they say they're Native, chances are they'll tell you they're Cherokee," said Lenzy Krehbiel-Burton, a spokesperson for the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma, which with more than 300,000 citizens is the largest Cherokee tribe.

No direct-line relatives of Warren are listed on the Dawes Rolls, according to Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak (the doubled name is not a typo), the independent genealogist who identified Michelle Obama's slave ancestors in 2009 in a project with The New York Times.

"The Dawes Rolls don't lend support to [Warren's] claim," she told The Atlantic.

"In her immediate pedigree there is no one who is listing themselves as not white," the New England Historic and Genealogical Society's Child told the Boston Herald after looking at her maternal line in late April.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment