Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Another inconsistency in her testimony:

"When I got to the small gathering, people were drinking beer in a small living room on the first floor of the house."

So they were gathered in the living room. Then she says that after the assault, her two assailants drunkenly stumbled down the stairs laughing loudly, at which point she "ran down the stairs, through the living room, and left the house."

Did you catch it? She ran through the living room where the others were gathered. Later when asked why her friends don't remember the party, she says it's because they would have found it unremarkable. Really? Even her best friend thought it "unremarkable" that two drunk boys came stumbling down the stairs making a ruckus followed shortly by Ford who ran out of the house and disappeared into the night? That's certainly something I would have remembered if it was my best friend.
    Especially since she said she didn't drive herself there (but doesn't know who did or how she got there). I'd be concerned if she was a friend who came with me, ran through the room and vanished into the night. At the very least I'd be calling her the next morning (this was in the pre-cell phone days) seeing if she got home and was alright

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You let him control you like Pavlov's Dog. stop it. ignore the troll.
      There a troll?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Especially since she said she didn't drive herself there (but doesn't know who did or how she got there). I'd be concerned if she was a friend who came with me, ran through the room and vanished into the night. At the very least I'd be calling her the next morning (this was in the pre-cell phone days) seeing if she got home and was alright
        Depending on how good the friend was, I don't find it impossible that a friend got caught up in the party or something and either forgot or just figured that she caught a ride with somebody else.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          She would have been better off to say "by that time, they had left", but, yeah.... for what she describes, it would be truly remarkable if her "friends" didn't run outside after yelling, "Wait, what happened?"
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Kavanaugh is really taking the Democrats to task in his opening statement.

Comment

• EGGzackly, every investigation begins with the who, what, why, when and where.... you need SOME frame of reference. It's not only delay, it's "let's delay it and add as much drama as we can".

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Depending on how good the friend was, I don't find it impossible that a friend got caught up in the party or something and either forgot or just figured that she caught a ride with somebody else.
                  There were only five people there. Kinda hard to lose track of somebody in those circumstances.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Kavanaugh is really taking the Democrats to task in his opening statement.
                    watching now

Again -- https://www.c-span.org/event/?451895...lt-allegations

Comment

There were only five people there. Kinda hard to lose track of somebody in those circumstances.
                      I must have missed something...only five people at the party, period?

Comment

I must have missed something...only five people at the party, period?
                        Some party, eh?

Comment

And the four she named, including one of her "life long friends" are saying it didn't happen.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Kavenaugh is doing a great job so far in his opening statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Kavenaugh is doing a great job so far in his opening statement.
                              He says, very powerfully, not only did her friends not corroborate her statement - they refuted it..... EGGcellent point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                There a troll?

Comment