Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Collusion update: "no factual evidence"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles View Post
    That is why you wrote so much about sins and then when held accountable wanted to change subject. Good try.
    Who is changing the subject? We are talking public policies. My personal sins have nothing to do with what policies I would like to see enacted. I don't want public policies enacted that normalize sin, nor do I want to say that my sins aren't sins. How about you try being specific and not hurling elephants of "personal reflection" which could mean anything...

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    It is, Charles. That's what POLITICS is about. Policies.
    That is why you wrote so much about sins and then when held accountable wanted to change subject. Good try.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    you said - and I quote "The Russians never hacked "Hillary" (that we can tell because she destroyed all of the evidence), despite her sucky security. "
    In DIRECT RESPONSE to the accusation that Trump told them in the campaign speech to do so. They never hacked her server in response to Trump's joke because it was not online any longer.

. The english there is an unqualified timeframe.
    Perhaps in a vacuum, but not in response to a question, unless you are expecting me to restate the question before providing responses?

it does not mean 'after Trump asked for Russian help'. It means over the entire course of its existence.
    Not when asked about a specific speech.

If you meant only the time frame following Trumps request, you should have said so.
    The initial claim did so for me.

Keep in mind that Putin's hatred of Hillary goes back long before Trump ran for President. The probability is very, very high that given the Russian propensity for hacking Western institutions and given that server's lax security, if Putin knew about Hillary's server, he had every bit of information on it available to him.

Jim
    While I agree with you on the very high probability, her having it wiped removed all evidence of certainty. The original claim though specifically called out Trump's joke as a real threat - as if it were possible to hack a decommissioned and disassembled server. THAT is the extent of my rebuttal.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Bill The Cat is very close to the "appeal to authority" fallacy.
    HAHAHAHAHAH!!! I AM an authority Charles. It's what I do for a living and have done so for 2 decades.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Ok. Here is what you wrote (emphasis mine):

But now, acccording to you, it is about "P-O-L-I-C-Y".
    It is, Charles. That's what POLITICS is about. Policies.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
    It is no fallacy if someone actually is an authority on a given topic.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    You said the Trump campaign had done, and I quote, "nothing wrong".

my apologies - that was mountain man.

I am not going to do an exhaustive search of posts, If I've confused you with someone else, you can accept my apologies. But I have seen too many people whose opinions I respect and whose faith strikes me as genuine Justify grossly immoral behavior by Donald Trump and it all boggles the mind and unfortunately blurs together sometimes who is doing what.

Jim
    I can assure you I have never said Trump did nothing wrong. Politics is disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Where have I supported Trump's immorality? His personal sins?
    You are doing your best to try to avoid discussing it. You start to point to Hillary instead of actually reflecting and instaead of actually adressing the issue. So the question you asked avoided the real issue which is rather obvious anyway.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    If you think a server can be hacked after it has been decommissioned, then yes. my knowledge is superior to yours.
    you said - and I quote "The Russians never hacked "Hillary" (that we can tell because she destroyed all of the evidence), despite her sucky security. ". The english there is an unqualified timeframe. it does not mean 'after Trump asked for Russian help'. It means over the entire course of its existence.

If you meant only the time frame following Trumps request, you should have said so.

Keep in mind that Putin's hatred of Hillary goes back long before Trump ran for President. The probability is very, very high that given the Russian propensity for hacking Western institutions and given that server's lax security, if Putin knew about Hillary's server, he had every bit of information on it available to him.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-20-2018, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Which gives you not one ounce of superior knowledge to my own on the matter.

Jim
    Last edited by Charles; 08-20-2018, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Which gives you not one ounce of superior knowledge to my own on the matter.

Jim
    If you think a server can be hacked after it has been decommissioned, then yes. my knowledge is superior to yours.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Attack? That's a strange word to use...

I'm talking POLICIES, Charles. Please try to keep up and not make this personal.

P-O-L-I-C-Y
    Ok. Here is what you wrote (emphasis mine):

Inhuman policies? Like abortion, attempted normalization of sexual sins, and other similar leftist policies?
    I am keenly aware of my own sins, Chuck. The difference is that I do not bathe in them and expect everyone else to call them acceptable.
    But now, acccording to you, it is about "P-O-L-I-C-Y".
    Last edited by Charles; 08-20-2018, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    You said the Trump campaign had done, and I quote, "nothing wrong".

my apologies - that was mountain man.

I am not going to do an exhaustive search of posts, If I've confused you with someone else, you can accept my apologies. But I have seen too many people whose opinions I respect and whose faith strikes me as genuine Justify grossly immoral behavior by Donald Trump and it all boggles the mind and unfortunately blurs together sometimes who is doing what.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-20-2018, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    No righteous person seeks to justify evil.
    And who here is trying to "justify evil"? Quoting the chairman and vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee both saying there is no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded or conspired with Russia, and that Russia had no particular interest in either candidate but simply wanted to sow discord is not justifying evil, it's just stating the facts as reported by those with a lot of knowledge about the matter -- unless you somehow misconstrue this as "evil", which is certainly possible coming from a delusional liberal like you.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    What moral corruption seeks to justify their own sin by pointing at the sin of others?

"Well Johnny stole Sarah's apple, so why are you punishing me for stealing Nancy's apple?"

Bill - return to your Lord and speak for what is RIGHT - period. And speak out against what is WRONG - period. Immorality by Hillary DOES NOT JUSTIFY IMMORALITY BY TRUMP - or any other person in government for that matter!

We are not on the right or the left! We are Christians. And Christ's teachings are out standard, and the Bible teaches us what is good and what is bad. And if that means that we can't give even partial support to ANY political party, THEN THAT IS WHERE WE MUST STAND!

ALL of us that are Christians here need to STOP saying an action that is wrong is justified by the wrong action of someone else! In the words of someone we all are supposed to love and respect:

Do NOT return evil for evil!

Jim

Leave a comment: