Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Collusion update: "no factual evidence"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    It is collusion whether Trump knew he was commiting it or not. Same with Don Jr. and his Trump tower meeting with the Russians. And to believe Trumps request to the Russians was just a joke is naive to say the least. It may or may not have been a conspiracy, but the latter, Jr's Tower meeting certainly was. But, people seem to forget that Trump already admitted to obstruction when telling his Russian buddies in the oval office that he just fired Comey and got that Russian investigation pressure off.

And btw, Trump signaled the Russian intel to hack Clinton and the DNC the only way he could, since the administration was thwarted early on in trying to set up their back channel.

And yet the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says "no factual evidence" that the Trump campaign did anything wrong, and the vice chairman says there's no indication that the Russian government favored one candidate over the other. But I guess you know better.

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Except, I'm not so sure he's been duped.
    More like kompromat, Putin owns him.

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    That was just him joking or being sarcastic. Even if the Russians actually did decide to take him up on the offer, someone taking a joke request seriously hardly seems to be a conspiracy.
    the Russians actually did decide to take him up on the offer, "The same day Trump asked Russia to find Hillary Clinton's missing emails, Russians tried to hack Clinton-affiliated emails".

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...mueller-2018-7

Also, while I'll admit that I don't have that high an opinion of Trump's intelligence, I do think that even he's smart enough to know that if you're legitimately asking someone to do something illegal, Twitter (possibly the most public venue on the planet) is not the place to do that.
    "Intelligence", or lack thereof, has little to do with the high sense of personal entitlement typically exhibited by a Narcissistic Personalty like Trump.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    That was just him joking or being sarcastic. Even if the Russians actually did decide to take him up on the offer, someone taking a joke request seriously hardly seems to be a conspiracy.

Also, while I'll admit that I don't have that high an opinion of Trump's intelligence, I do think that even he's smart enough to know that if you're legitimately asking someone to do something illegal, Twitter (possibly the most public venue on the planet) is not the place to do that.
    It is collusion whether Trump knew he was commiting it or not. Same with Don Jr. and his Trump tower meeting with the Russians. And to believe Trumps request to the Russians was just a joke is naive to say the least. It may or may not have been a conspiracy, but the latter, Jr's Tower meeting certainly was. But, people seem to forget that Trump already admitted to obstruction when telling his Russian buddies in the oval office that he just fired Comey and got that Russian investigation pressure off.

And btw, Trump signaled the Russian intel to hack Clinton and the DNC the only way he could, since the administration was thwarted early on in trying to set up their back channel.

Leave a comment:

• Terraceth
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    To say there is no evidence of a conspiracy is to be dishonest or ignorant. Donald Trump publicly asking the Russians to try to find the missing Hillary emails and them responding by hacking into the DNC email server is evidence of a conspiracy.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Trump has been duped by Putin. He is a fool and his base are simpletons.
    Except, I'm not so sure he's been duped.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    You're projecting, MM. Trump will be innocent in your mind no matter what the outcome of the investigation. From my perspective, yes, there is already sufficient evidence, evidence which you are blind to, that points to the guilt of Trump and his administration with respect to collusion, coverup/obstruction of justice, financial crimes, not to mention just being an immoral jackass not fit for the presidency. You know, your kind of guy!
    Liberal delusion, or biting satire?

You make the call!

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Trump has been duped by Putin. He is a fool and his base are simpletons.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As far as you're concerned, Trump is guilty even if the investigation is concluded without finding a stitch of evidence to support such charges -- which is by far the most likely outcome at this point. Even then you won't concede that Trump is innocent, you'll just tell yourself that they didn't look hard to prove him guilty.
    You're projecting, MM. Trump will be innocent in your mind no matter what the outcome of the investigation. From my perspective, yes, there is already sufficient evidence, evidence which you are blind to, that points to the guilt of Trump and his administration with respect to collusion, coverup/obstruction of justice, financial crimes, not to mention just being an immoral jackass not fit for the presidency. You know, your kind of guy!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    And yet Burr and Warner have since directly contradicted that report. So which version of their narrative is the right one?

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    And with you're implying that Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr and Vice Chairman Mark Warner are either dishonest or ignorant when they say there is no evidence.

Granted, I don't think either of them are the most trustworthy of characters, but I'm inclined to take their word on the matter over yours, especially since they can both be considered hostile witnesses -- one is a "never-Trump" Republican and the other is a Democrat, so they have no reason to lie about this. And considering they've been intensely investigating this matter for some time, your charge of "ignorant" isn't going to stick, either.
    Here is what the article actually said:

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    To a conspiracy nut, the lack of evidence is the most convincing evidence of all.

"That just proves a cover-up!"
    Ironically you provided no evidence for the claim. You expect the readers of your posts to be conspiracy nuts?

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JT2YB

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    ...as far as I'm concerned, of course it is conspiracy, a conspiracy with Russia in order to help Trump become President.
    As far as you're concerned, Trump is guilty even if the investigation is concluded without finding a stitch of evidence to support such charges -- which is by far the most likely outcome at this point. Even then you won't concede that Trump is innocent, you'll just tell yourself that they didn't look hard to prove him guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That sort of dismissal only feeds the fire of polarization that need instead to be put out. The issues with Trump are not the fantasies of some mysterious "Q" like Trump allies himself with, but rather a simple reality.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Leave a comment: