Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Collusion update: "no factual evidence"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Which had been decommissioned and wiped by the time Trump made his joke. Therefore, stating that Trump was signaling the Russians to hack her server with his comment is the height of technological ignorance.

Sorry, bro. This is what I do for a living. For the DoD.
    Which gives you not one ounce of superior knowledge to my own on the matter.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles View Post
    And so here we go again. Another attack...
    Attack? That's a strange word to use...

Because "the others" of course bathe in their sins and expect everyone else to call them acceptable...
    I'm talking POLICIES, Charles. Please try to keep up and not make this personal.

Again the level of self reflection...

P-O-L-I-C-Y

I amen'ed your post by an error. It is not the first time. I need to get better.
    That's a thing to do

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    I am keenly aware of my own sins, Chuck. The difference is that I do not bathe in them and expect everyone else to call them acceptable.
    And so here we go again. Another attack... Because "the others" of course bathe in their sins and expect everyone else to call them acceptable... Again the level of self reflection...

I amen'ed your post by an error. It is not the first time. I need to get better.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Inhuman policies? Like abortion, attempted normalization of sexual sins, and other similar leftist policies?
    What moral corruption seeks to justify their own sin by pointing at the sin of others?

"Well Johnny stole Sarah's apple, so why are you punishing me for stealing Nancy's apple?"

Bill - return to your Lord and speak for what is RIGHT - period. And speak out against what is WRONG - period. Immorality by Hillary DOES NOT JUSTIFY IMMORALITY BY TRUMP - or any other person in government for that matter!

We are not on the right or the left! We are Christians. And Christ's teachings are out standard, and the Bible teaches us what is good and what is bad. And if that means that we can't give even partial support to ANY political party, THEN THAT IS WHERE WE MUST STAND!

ALL of us that are Christians here need to STOP saying an action that is wrong is justified by the wrong action of someone else! In the words of someone we all are supposed to love and respect:

Do NOT return evil for evil!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    This is a great example of the lack of self reflection. You only point your fingers at the others. Is that a good Christian principle?
    I am keenly aware of my own sins, Chuck. The difference is that I do not bathe in them and expect everyone else to call them acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There is no way to know who or what might have hacked Hillary's server.
    Which had been decommissioned and wiped by the time Trump made his joke. Therefore, stating that Trump was signaling the Russians to hack her server with his comment is the height of technological ignorance.

This displays your own ignorance of the matter.
    Sorry, bro. This is what I do for a living. For the DoD.

Given the thousands of known attempts per day to hack the Pentagon and military contractors by the Chinese, Russians, and others, one should be able to admit the probability is at the very least high Hillary's server was hacked.
    Oh, I'd guarantee it was by one or more of the current actors while it was active in the early to mid 2010's. But to say it was at the direction of Trump during the 2016 campaign (after it was decommissioned) is utter nonsense. And without any physical evidence, we will never know - which was my point.

And to say it was 'never' hacked as if it is some sort of known fact is simply idiotic.

Jim
    I meant at Trump's direction during the campaign.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Inhuman policies? Like abortion, attempted normalization of sexual sins, and other similar leftist policies?
    This is a great example of the lack of self reflection. You only point your fingers at the others. Is that a good Christian principle?

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    I wonder whether some of the posters here are real Christians. That, however, is not based on a "self-righteous holier-than-thou" attitude but rather based on the fact that what some of you support appears to be a complete contradiction of what Christianity is. Some think it is criticism of Christianity. It is rather a wake up call for the sleeping giant. It is time for the Christians to stand up against the lies and inhuman policies. You are needed and your voices should be heard loud and clear.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Again, you are an idiot on this matter. The Russians never hacked "Hillary" (that we can tell because she destroyed all of the evidence), despite her sucky security. The DNC's servers were a different system entirely, but idiots like you are too stupid to tell the difference.
    There is no way to know who or what might have hacked Hillary's server. And despite your parenthetical qualification, this displays your own ignorance of the matter. Given the thousands of known attempts per day to hack the Pentagon and military contractors by the Chinese, Russians, and others, one should be able to admit the probability is at the very least high Hillary's server was hacked. And to say it was 'never' hacked as if it is some sort of known fact is simply idiotic.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-20-2018, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Oh, and I'll never get tired of self-righteous holier-than-thou types trying to turn everything into a spiritual issue.

"You disagree with me? Well, I wonder if you're a 'Real Christian',"

I wonder whether some of the posters here are real Christians. That, however, is not based on a "self-righteous holier-than-thou" attitude but rather based on the fact that what some of you support appears to be a complete contradiction of what Christianity is. Some think it is criticism of Christianity. It is rather a wake up call for the sleeping giant. It is time for the Christians to stand up against the lies and inhuman policies. You are needed and your voices should be heard loud and clear.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Are you suggesting that the Senate Intelligence Committee is in Trump's back pocket? Or maybe Putin is pulling all the strings in Washington!

Oh, and I'll never get tired of self-righteous holier-than-thou types trying to turn everything into a spiritual issue.

Mountain Man. I am not a "holier than thou" type. But i am excessively grieved and my Christian brothers trying to justify obvious and overt sin. One doesn't need to be self-righteous to say "Pol Pot was an evil man". And one does not need to have any sort of self righteousness to recognize that supporting Trump in his evil is the definition of Moral Compromise.

No righteous person seeks to justify evil. A repentant and redeemed man is grieved by sin, whether it is their own or anothers. Each time a person tries to justify what is immoral, they take one more step towards a seared conscience. And in that you need to be careful.

A person can have voted for Trump and not sinned (likewise a person could have voted for Hillary and not sinned), we had a horrible choice in 2016 - vote for the lesser of two evils or don't vote at all.

But a person cannot stand behind Donald Trump and indiscriminately cheer him on in his immorality and drunken pursuit of power and not sin. IF you can't acknowledge the things he has done that are wrong as wrong, then you are way too far down the path of moral compromise for your own good. I'd encourage you to take a step back and think this through as a Christian and not as a Republican.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-20-2018, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    And btw, Trump signaled the Russian intel to hack Clinton and the DNC the only way he could, since the administration was thwarted early on in trying to set up their back channel.
    Again, you are an idiot on this matter. The Russians never hacked "Hillary" (that we can tell because she destroyed all of the evidence), despite her sucky security. The DNC's servers were a different system entirely, but idiots like you are too stupid to tell the difference.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    That was just him joking or being sarcastic. Even if the Russians actually did decide to take him up on the offer, someone taking a joke request seriously hardly seems to be a conspiracy.

Also, while I'll admit that I don't have that high an opinion of Trump's intelligence, I do think that even he's smart enough to know that if you're legitimately asking someone to do something illegal, Twitter (possibly the most public venue on the planet) is not the place to do that.
    Plausible deniability is more likely. And DT has demonstrated no such restraint. He routinely admits to actions that are in fact obstruction of Justice (and may well yet catch up to him) on Twitter. That man has no filter and no conscience. He is the definition of liar. He lies even when he has no obvious need to lie. And as is evidenced in his pulling of security clearances, he has no qualms about abusing his power if he thinks it will benefit him personally, even if it is to the detriment of the US. We need those experienced former intelligence people to retain their clearances so their experience and knowledge is available to those currently in office. But does Trump care about the US and what is best for it? No, he'd rather get his little revenge fit satisfied. This is the sort of person people, and for the most part evangelical Christian people, are supporting. It is itself a scandal. So much so the Evangelical Protestants pointing their fingers at the Catholic Pedophile Priest scandal had best consider we all will stand before an impartial and just judge in the end. And I am not sure that supporting this man on his rampage through immorality is any less evil than the sort of cover-up we saw from the Bishops who chose to try to protect those Pedophile Priests. Both are ignoring gross immorality for personal gain.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    Nothing wrong?

Such a statement in fact makes you complicit in Trump's lying and immorality. We have listed what is known and what in any other time in us history would have resulted in immediate irrecoverable scandal and impeachment. In fact, no other president or candidate for president I know of was of such low moral character and had such an absence of conscience as to have not already willingly resigned for the good of the country over the shame their actions have brought upon themselves and the office of the president.

If you can't even acknowledge what is known about Trump's lying and immoral if not necessarily illegal activities as he enlisted the help of a foreign government to win the campaign then the you have allowed your love of this world to steal the truth from your soul.

Jim
    Are you suggesting that the Senate Intelligence Committee is in Trump's back pocket? Or maybe Putin is pulling all the strings in Washington!

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied

And yet the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says "no factual evidence" that the Trump campaign did anything wrong, and the vice chairman says there's no indication that the Russian government favored one candidate over the other. But I guess you know better.
    Nothing wrong?

Such a statement in fact makes you complicit in Trump's lying and immorality. We have listed what is known and what in any other time in us history would have resulted in immediate irrecoverable scandal and impeachment. In fact, no other president or candidate for president I know of (with the possible exception of Bill Clinton who weathered the Lewinsky scandal) was of such low moral character and had such an absence of conscience as to have not already willingly resigned for the good of the country (even Nixon eventually resigned rather than drag the county through impeachment) over the shame their actions have brought upon themselves and the office of the president.

If you can't even acknowledge what is known about Trump's lying and immoral if not necessarily illegal activities as he enlisted the help of a foreign government to win the campaign then the you have allowed your love of this world to steal the truth from your soul.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-20-2018, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment: