Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Collusion update: "no factual evidence"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The Russians were trying to get into her, the DNC, and the RNC's accounts since early March, stupid. That Podesta's coincidentally timed gaffe allowed them in the door to begin a phishing campaign against the DNC mail accounts in no way indicts the Republicans or Trump.
    As everyone can see BtC, you evaded answering the question I asked of you, oh ye of superior knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    That car is not big enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles View Post
    What car?

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    You are merely making yourself look ignorant with your accusations. Showing you know nothing of logical fallacies. Stay in the car.
    What car?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I am standing on the rock while watching your house built on sand (ad hominems) falling apart. Like they say: the climb is hard but the view is unbelievable.
    You are merely making yourself look ignorant with your accusations. Showing you know nothing of logical fallacies. Stay in the car.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
    I am standing on the rock while watching your house built on sand (ad hominems) falling apart. Like they say: the climb is hard but the view is unbelievable.
    I think you'll find that the "rock" you think you're standing on is really a dung heap, and that you've covered yourself in filth in your scramble to the top.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The Russians were trying to get into her, the DNC, and the RNC's accounts since early March, stupid. That Podesta's coincidentally timed gaffe allowed them in the door to begin a phishing campaign against the DNC mail accounts in no way indicts the Republicans or Trump.
    Even that understates things quote a lot. Foreign governments are constantly trying to break into official US government computers, just like we are constantly trying to break into theirs. I doubt Russia's efforts to that end only began in March.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    You mean like Jesus telling people to take the plank out of their own eye before complaining about the splinter in others?

You are condeming your own Christian brothers as supporting sin because you don't like Trump. Yet what sins are we supporting? And you ignore the plank in your own eye by supporting the Democrats who push Abortion on demand, legitimizing gay marriage, taking prayer out of school, removing the 10 commandments from any public display, and generally trying to wipe out Christianity. That doesn't bother you, but because we voted for Trump we are condemned? Get off your high horse and look around at who you are supporting, Jim.
    While oxmixmudd is much better at speaking about these issues than I am, I will allow myself to repeat what he already wrote which I found very inspiring:

A person can have voted for Trump and not sinned (likewise a person could have voted for Hillary and not sinned), we had a horrible choice in 2016 - vote for the lesser of two evils or don't vote at all.

But a person cannot stand behind Donald Trump and indiscriminately cheer him on in his immorality and drunken pursuit of power and not sin. IF you can't acknowledge the things he has done that are wrong as wrong, then you are way too far down the path of moral compromise for your own good. I'd encourage you to take a step back and think this through as a Christian and not as a Republican.http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post569095
    Bill - return to your Lord and speak for what is RIGHT - period. And speak out against what is WRONG - period. Immorality by Hillary DOES NOT JUSTIFY IMMORALITY BY TRUMP - or any other person in government for that matter!

We are not on the right or the left! We are Christians. And Christ's teachings are out standard, and the Bible teaches us what is good and what is bad. And if that means that we can't give even partial support to ANY political party, THEN THAT IS WHERE WE MUST STAND!http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post569110

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It would be no surprise if the Russians favored Trump in that their goal was to support underdogs and stir up dissatisfaction. I doubt that they expected Trump to win.
    I suspect Putin really favored the candidate who as Secretary of State showed a willingness to sell out her country for the right price. Trump was a political unknown and has, in fact, instituted a number of policies that have angered Putin.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Stay in the car Chuck.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Now we are even closer to the fallacy.
    Stay in the car Chuck.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    You don't know the history of this interaction, Charles. I've provided details and evidence multiple times on this subject to the idiots who keep acting like it's an issue.
    Now we are even closer to the fallacy.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Says the guy who n the same breath where he is pointing fingers at Christians and questioning whether they really were Christians. Does your
    hypocrisy ever bother you Chuck?
    Who says I don't reflect on my own errors and shortcomings? I have got a ton of them. Unfortunately some of the things I have done cannot be undone. But how exactly does it adress the point I made. Even if I did not reflect would that be a good excuse for others not to do so? To turn focus away as soon as anyone points to something being unjust?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    What moral corruption seeks to justify their own sin by pointing at the sin of others?

"Well Johnny stole Sarah's apple, so why are you punishing me for stealing Nancy's apple?"
    You mean like Jesus telling people to take the plank out of their own eye before complaining about the splinter in others?

You are condeming your own Christian brothers as supporting sin because you don't like Trump. Yet what sins are we supporting? And you ignore the plank in your own eye by supporting the Democrats who push Abortion on demand, legitimizing gay marriage, taking prayer out of school, removing the 10 commandments from any public display, and generally trying to wipe out Christianity. That doesn't bother you, but because we voted for Trump we are condemned? Get off your high horse and look around at who you are supporting, Jim.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    No. Look at my response to the last quote.

If you look up the fallacy I am sure you will get the point. You are not close to it when you actually provide evidence, reasons and facts. If you only point to the "I am an expert" thing as a reason to believe you, you are close to the fallacy. Speaking of which:

I was not badgering you over that statement. I was just pointing out that it cannot in and of itself prove you right. Try to read your own posts again and see the expert attitude and you calling other "idiots" and you may get the point.
    You don't know the history of this interaction, Charles. I've provided details and evidence multiple times on this subject to the idiots who keep acting like it's an issue.

Leave a comment: