Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Destruction Of Kanye West...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    If the math doesn't work, it's dishonest.

Recall, this was about "the left wing MSM." He wasn't merely asserting the MSM is left of the right wing.

I've got plenty of beefs with the MSM myself, and here I'm not even talking about broadcast, which features personalities who by the first commandment of journalism I learned in junior high fall woefully far from the fourth estate.
    Thou shalt not make oneself part of the story.

"Advertising a journalist" is an oxymoron, and all of these broadcast outlets do it, a lot.

Doing journalism right is hard work, and takes a solid team supporting the reporters. I suspect not many around here, excluding myself, have seen their bylines in a newspaper before. For perspective, they're just as likely to have missed the inestimable experience of seeing a front page correction on one of your stories.

I had a bad angle on the panel, and mistakenly attributed the wrong name-tag to a quote eviscerating the cited name-tag's boss.

"Oops."

The criticisms of the press I'm seeing are not well informed, at best, and at worst, recklessly irresponsible. Without a functioning press, this country will fall apart under the pressure of competing alternate realities. Unbiased, straight news is important, important enough to push back against bias whenever we can identify it.

I'm leery of an America where folks are led on to war to avenge the Bowling Green massacre.
    Thanks for the rant, but you kinda sorta didn't at all respond to what I posted. You appear to be taking the worst of the right, painting that as typical right, and then somehow linking that to some apocalyptic "no functioning press" scenario. The MSM is overwhelmingly Democrat, and their coverage shows that.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Thanks for the rant, but you kinda sorta didn't at all respond to what I posted. You appear to be taking the worst of the right, painting that as typical right, and then somehow linking that to some apocalyptic "no functioning press" scenario. The MSM is overwhelmingly Democrat, and their coverage shows that.
      That's just idiotic. That you aren't interested in truth doesn't make the MSM overwhelmingly democrat. I think that since you right wingers continue to rant about the MSM, you should start a thread on it and show the political lies that you say they spread each and every day. But of course, then you'd actually have to watch the MSM instead of watching the propagandist who tell you what to think!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        That's just idiotic. That you aren't interested in truth doesn't make the MSM overwhelmingly democrat. I think that since you right wingers continue to rant about the MSM, you should start a thread on it and show the political lies that you say they spread each and every day. But of course, then you'd actually have to watch the MSM instead of watching the propagandist who tell you what to think!
        Please show what part of OBP's post is "idiotic", or even "wrong". I think you're turning his post into something he didn't say, and accusing that of being "idiotic".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          It's impressive just how far off base you are in this post from start to finish. You're approaching Starlight territory.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment