Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    The HD2 channel from NPR is the only classical station here outside of Sirius XM.

Our PBS-affiliated classical station shut down last year, sold to yet another Christian talk radio outlet. I'll try not to blame you personally, but I'm still having anger issues.
    Well, I admittedly briefly tuned in to a Christian talk show (on an otherwise music station) when I was home from college and in that station's broadcasting area. I've never been much into talk shows of any stripe, and even eschew the local classical station during News Hour. I'm (mostly) innocent of that charge.
    I'm not going to believe that.

Well, okay, the House has always been a zoo, to my personal recollection.

But there are still senators who remember pulling together. So long as that's true, there will be senators who know how to do it. The US Senate has the reputation of being the greatest deliberative body in the world. Senators are justly proud of this and protective of the distinction. With chaos coming from the White House, seen up close and personal, they're also seeing the need.
    Sure, there's memory of it. However, Reid in his last years used his slim majority to bury anything Republican-originated (and before that, IIRC Republicans of both houses decided they were going to oppose anything Obama, just because), and Republicans haven't been able to pass anything in the Senate because the Democrats vote a monolithic 'no' and there are always just enough Republican 'no' votes to deep-six something. It seems the only items getting crossover votes these days are political appointments, which is at least something. Please prove me wrong - I don't like being this cynical.
    We've just had the first indictments from Mueller, which means any charges, if any, at the top of the ticket won't be out until next year. If there are, I've seen impeachment proceedings twice before. They take a year or more, too. If he's forced from office, it can't be before the last year of his presidency.
    I'm also not sure the proceedings will wend that way, given the indictments so far don't have anything to do with Trump's presidential bid. Special prosecutors seldom end up where they're first pointed.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• claims on twitter that a woman was offered money by the wapo for dirt on Moore. we'll see if anything comes of it. the reporter on the story did time for writing fraudulent checks too. my theory that it was a neocon hit job is gonna have to share a bit of space with "it was liberals after all", although it could still be both as well.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• No idea how much, if any, of the story is true, but...

1. How does a grown man call a 14-year-old to secretly ask her out unless she has her own dedicated phone line -- which no one back then would have?

2. The idea that she just suddenly remembers being petted against her will after she is lying around in her underwear is typical whore rationalization. If her story is true, then obviously she did consent to it -- until she didn't, at which point he allegedly drove her home. It wasn't any type of assault.

3. "Statutory rape" is a pretend crime that the feminists invented around the 1890s, and in my opinion, it is a very minor crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
          To me, the part about calling the 14-year-old on "the phone in [her] room" sounded fake.
          Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          In the Seventies, that would not have been unusual.
          As I recall, even having more than one phone in the house in the 70's was somewhat of a luxury, and a teenager having a private phone in his or her room was considered an extravagance, at least in my social circle.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• The plot thickens...

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...-trump-office/

© Copyright Original Source

And on The Sean Hannity Show, Moore flatly denied the allegations and said, ""

Comment

• Looks like rumors are starting to fly that Moore's accuser was approached by the Washington Post and paid $1000 for her story.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Well, I admittedly briefly tuned in to a Christian talk show (on an otherwise music station) when I was home from college and in that station's broadcasting area. I've never been much into talk shows of any stripe, and even eschew the local classical station during News Hour. I'm (mostly) innocent of that charge.
                I switch to NPR's HD1 for Science Friday.
                NOVEMBER 10, 2017
                Three female mathematicians give us a peek into their abstract and beautiful world.

Sure, there's memory of it. However, Reid in his last years used his slim majority to bury anything Republican-originated (and before that, IIRC Republicans of both houses decided they were going to oppose anything Obama, just because), and Republicans haven't been able to pass anything in the Senate because the Democrats vote a monolithic 'no' and there are always just enough Republican 'no' votes to deep-six something. It seems the only items getting crossover votes these days are political appointments, which is at least something. Please prove me wrong - I don't like being this cynical.
                Well, they did get a veto-proof majority to keep Trump from ending the Russia sanctions, which was useful, but transverse to getting things done.

Trump's still far behind with his nominations, apparently, but finally getting something close to up to speed. Paradoxically, after he appointed his cabinet, he stopped paying attention, which means he's no longer in his own way, which means regular processes can take over.

I'm also not sure the proceedings will wend that way, given the indictments so far don't have anything to do with Trump's presidential bid. Special prosecutors seldom end up where they're first pointed.
                Papadopoulos' did, but to no effect, so far as we know. Trump's business dealings aren't likely to withstand scrutiny, but I'm betting on another target to drop first.

Jared gathered his $1.8 billion for 666 Fifth Ave. by stripping the rest of Kushner Properties for a deal that was so far overpriced it could only get its cash out through a massive redevelopment project, which was never going to happen without many times that in outside financing. And then the market crashed, leaving him scrambling for bailouts from Chinese and Russian state bankers to cover his notes. During the campaign.

There's always another shoe dropping on Russian links to the campaign, but I've spent enough hours listening to the intelligence committee meetings to know the vast majority of Russian interference in the last election required no assistance from the Trump campaign. I don't think Trump's team had the talent even if they wanted to help.

Papadopoulos. Really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Wow, too intellectually lazy (or dishonest) to tie your source to the particular allegations you made? You want OTHERS to do your work?

I suspect you failed to provide anything but an empty hyperlink because you realize that your cited material doesn't really match your bastardization of what was actually said.

Good job, PM!
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  In the very first of these links, I did a search for the word "pedophilia", in hopes of finding the quote from which you base jumped (without a parachute) to your conclusion. Not found.
                  Second link - searched for the word "pedophile" - not found.
                  Third link is a whole bunch of tweets - Strike Three!!!

You're out!
                  This is how an adult would have responded:

Originally posted by Adult
                  It's not clear where the accusations you're making come from. Can you be more specific?
                  It's really weird how unstable these responses are. Maybe you shouldn't take part in these types of discussions if they make you so hot-headed. These are the quotes I'm pulling from those sources since it's so maddening to read an article

Comment

• A 14 year old is not a pre-pubescent child so no, he is not "excusing pedophilic assault", nor is pedophilia something he was ever accused of.

Also, what is the rest of this quote:
                    I know that 14-year-olds don't make good decisions,"
                    I looked for it on google and traced it back to a liberal journalist on twitter, who almost certainly cut it off to give a false impression, a very common technique among journalists.
                    Last edited by Darth Executor; 11-11-2017, 12:26 AM.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      There is no such thing as "legitimate homosexual activity"
                      and sex with a 14 year old isn't pedophilia,
                      Pedophilia is usually defined as a sexual preference for children, boys or girls or both, usually of pre-pubertal or early pubertal age", 14 y.o. certainly fits this category

just run of the mill child rape which a disproportionate number of gay men engage in.
                      Not so. By far the majority of victims of childhood sexual abuse before the age of 16 years, are female (as per Roy Moore's abuse of a 14 y.o. girl)...which hardly suggests a disproportionate number of gay men engaging in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Excuse me? Let's get something straight, most Southerners, including Alabamians, marry close ...
                        Now calm down there, Teal, nobody's counting teeth yet.

Nobody's suggesting they weren't related, either.
                        I already done did tell ya, son, if'n she ain't good enough for her kin, she ain't good enough for our'n.

I never even thought it, I promise ya. I know the state motto.
                        What about West Virginia?

And the other state motto.
                        Oh lord, deliver us'n.

And the other, other state motto.
                        Bring your own banjos.

Comment

• The blasphemers on this forum who actually advocate for sodomy, which the Bible classifies as a disgusting capital crime, are attacking Moore for (supposedly) trying to fornicate consensually with a 14-year-old, a sin for which the Bible prescribes no judicial punishment other than requiring the man to marry the girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                            The blasphemers on this forum who actually advocate for sodomy, which the Bible classifies as a disgusting capital crime,
                            Why would atheists care about what the bible says?

are attacking Moore for (supposedly) trying to fornicate consensually with a 14-year-old, a sin for which the Bible prescribes no judicial punishment other than requiring the man to marry the girl.
                            14-year-old girls are minors, and cannot legally consent. Furthermore, the girl in question is not suggesting she was consenting anyway. Why do Christians lie so much?

Comment

• http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...po-accusation/http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ll-never-give/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Why would atheists care about what the bible says?
                                They will, just wait.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment