Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    One Alabama Republican has an interesting defense: The idea that Mary may have been a teenager and Joseph much older means this isn't a problem.

http://time.com/5017940/roy-moore-se...e-jim-ziegler/

That's what we call an own goal.

It is telling that somebody who is presumably an Alabama political insider seems to be basically admitting that it's true, though.
    That's like when a Muslim excuses pedophilia because Muhammad married a six year old and had sex with her when she's nine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Weinstein claims the "incident" was consensual, something the victim denies.
      IIRC Weinstein is on tape apologizing to one woman for what he did which was not consensual.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        The man is a total hypocrite, quick to judge others and forgiving of his own lapses.
        Only if the accusations are true, which is by no means certain.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          An important part of this story is his allies outing themselves as pro-pedophilia/pro-sexual assault.

County Chair David Hall thinks pedophilia is okay if it happened a long time ago and there's nothing wrong with a 30 year old dating a 16 year old.
          County Chairs Jerry Pow and William Blocker said they would vote for a pedophile assuming the allegations were true.
          County Chair Riley Seibenhener blames the child for being sexually assaulted.
          State Auditor Jim Zeigler says that because Bible characters were pedophiles, it's okay in the modern age.
          I notice you didn't provide any actual quotes or links.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Editing fail:

The problem with these allegations is that it seems entirely to be a 'he said, she said' situation. It is exceedingly unlikely that there is any evidence either way.
            and there doesn't need to be. There is no way this would ever make it to court. All they need is to create enough doubt and bad feelings about Moore to make sure he is not elected. Which is why I think it is all staged. The timing is too convenient. Pretty much the same thing was done to Trump before the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              and there doesn't need to be. There is no way this would ever make it to court. All they need is to create enough doubt and bad feelings about Moore to make sure he is not elected. Which is why I think it is all staged. The timing is too convenient. Pretty much the same thing was done to Trump before the election.
              Any time somebody suddenly brings up something 'new' from 30 or 40 years ago JUST IN TIME to impact an election, it's suspect.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by tassman View Post

i am a total hypocrite, quick to judge others.
                fify

Comment

Now if this woman has a record of her telling someone about the incident years ago, then she might be more credible. Like making a police report, or talking to a therapist and giving the therapist permission to share notes.

Comment

Now if this woman has a record of her telling someone about the incident years ago, then she might be more credible. Like making a police report, or talking to a therapist and giving the therapist permission to share notes.
                    Or telling her mom, or writing it in a diary, or a friend saying "yeah, I remember when she told me that 30 years ago"... and if it was so horrific, why did she NOT tell or write or report?

Comment

If you read the report it contains validation from a number of women who were aware of the incidents at the time. Also it's said that the woman herself didn't seek out the press, the press found her after hearing about the alleged abuses by the Judge.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        If you read the report it contains validation from a number of women
                        Why can't you ever bring yourself to use citations instead of snark?

who were aware of the incidents at the time. Also it's said that the woman herself didn't seek out the press, the press found her after hearing about the alleged abuses by the Judge.
                        So, the press is doing opposition research for the Democrats. You're good with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Why can't you ever bring yourself to use citations instead of snark?
                          What snark, no snark.

So, the press is doing opposition research for the Democrats. You're good with that?
                          I see, so you'd rather not know the kind of man you're voting for. Gotcha!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            I see,
                            Always an indication that you don't.

so you'd rather not know the kind of man you're voting for.
                            Your "I see" is generally followed by an idiotic statement, as above.

Unlike you, I'd rather base my decision on facts than gossip. It's worth taking the time determine which this is.

Meanwhile, another indication that you've just hurled a pile of horsie poo is when you finish your absurd "conclusion" with "Gotcha!"

Gotcha!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Or telling her mom, or writing it in a diary, or a friend saying "yeah, I remember when she told me that 30 years ago"... and if it was so horrific, why did she NOT tell or write or report?
                              well a friend coming forth could just be another person in on a fake accusation. I think it would need to be something concrete.

Comment

Fake news or not, when it comes to playing around with young girls what do male Republican politicians prefer; a 14 years old or a brace of 7 years old?

Comment