Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Like I said above, politicians travel all over the place for various publicity events. Trump traveled to PR to shake hands, then to LV.

Obama went to ball games for purely for publicity. I didn't see you whining about the cost then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24379[/ATTACH]

You liberals and your manufactured outrage. Cracks me up every time.
    B-but, but that was different just because.

And since when are liberals upset about spending taxpayers money?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Commissioner Roger Goodell wants this to end:

"We live in a country that can feel very divided. Sports, and especially the NFL, brings people together and lets them set aside those divisions, at least for a few hours. The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country."

Of course what he's probably most worried about is watching millions of dollars of lost revenue go spiraling down the drain.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• They saw that this past Monday Night Football ratings drop something like another 14% despite the premiere of the highly anticipated "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" trailer during halftime and finally realized just what their idiocy is costing them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          They saw that this past Monday Night Football ratings drop something like another 14% despite the premiere of the highly anticipated "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" trailer during halftime and finally realized just what their idiocy is costing them.
          I'd watch MNF more often if it weren't on the Entertainment Sports Propaganda Network. I can only see it when the Redskins are playing then, because they have to broadcast it locally.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Who cares? It const conservatives who want to see a game money to watch your stupid evil protests for free. So it's only fair that your tax dollars be used to counter-protest.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Who cares? It const conservatives who want to see a game money to watch your stupid evil protests for free. So it's only fair that your tax dollars be used to counter-protest.
              It's like you're channelling demi-conservative with that sentence structure.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                It's like you're channelling demi-conservative with that sentence structure.
                Maybe demi-conservative is just his sock puppet, and he forgot which account he was using.

Comment

• NAACP: Jerry Jones' anthem comments are 'tone-deaf,' violate Cowboys' constitutional rights

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...utional-rights

Is the NAACP just stupid?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Keep in mind that these protests have petered out with at least one team now publicly ordering their players to stand during the anthem and others probably doing so behind closed doors (I guess it is starting to sink in just how much self-inflicted damage they've done to themselves) so I have to wonder if he went there just to stage a counter protest (something that the left appears to be unable to tolerate in any case).
                    The original purpose of the trip was to attend the game because of Manning. After the protests started up again, he changed the purpose to be about walking out. There was more text after that second quote for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      But if he stayed it would have been ok to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to watch a football game? Just like Obama did, and many other politicians? Or spending money to go around the country making speeches or cutting ribbons and other publicity events?

Spending tax dollars on weekend recreation like golfing trips is par for the course. If he's spending my money, I'd rather he watch the game. This is like buying someone a steak and they take one bite and don't want it anymore. Also, what he did was stupid, so that's worth complaining about on its own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        The original purpose of the trip was to attend the game because of Manning. After the protests started up again, he changed the purpose to be about walking out. There was more text after that second quote for a reason.
                        I hope you didn't sprain anything rushing that goal post clear across the stadium out through the doors and all the way to the other side of town there

You started by indignantly proclaiming
                        Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        Someone who disagrees should travel over state lines for the express purpose of leaving and making a fuss about it?

Then moved on to declaring he "went to Indiana because of Manning" as well as "the original purpose of the trip was to attend the game because of Manning."

Are you even sure you know why you're so upset? It looks like your just aggravated that someone had the temerity to protest their protest. Like only the left has a right to show their displeasure over something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          Spending tax dollars on weekend recreation like golfing trips is par for the course. If he's spending my money, I'd rather he watch the game. This is like buying someone a steak and they take one bite and don't want it anymore. Also, what he did was stupid, so that's worth complaining about on its own.
                          If the steak was spoiled you'd still insist they eat it?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            NAACP: Jerry Jones' anthem comments are 'tone-deaf,' violate Cowboys' constitutional rights

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...utional-rights

Is the NAACP just stupid?
                            Is that a rhetorical question?

Actually they are counting on the public being that stupid.

As previously noted
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And keep in mind the right of freedom of speech mentioned in the First Amendment has to do with forbidding the government from punishing the speaker. The people still have a right to voice their disapproval by calling the speaker an idiot, boycotting his shows/business/games etc.

The owners of the business has a right to tell his players they cannot use his business as a platform for their antics. Do it on your own time.

Comment

I hope you didn't sprain anything rushing that goal post clear across the stadium out through the doors and all the way to the other side of town there

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24390[/ATTACH]

You started by indignantly proclaiming

Then moved on to declaring he "went to Indiana because of Manning" as well as "the original purpose of the trip was to attend the game because of Manning."

Are you even sure you know why you're so upset? It looks like your just aggravated that someone had the temerity to protest their protest. Like only the left has a right to show their displeasure over something.
                              I think I'm being pretty clear. Before the protests got new national attention, he was going for Manning. After the protests got new national attention, he was going to walk out. The purpose changed before he left for the trip.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              If the steak was spoiled you'd still insist they eat it?
                              The players' protest is so nondescript it would be more akin to not eating because it was a few millimeters smaller than you imagined it or something so minor it doesn't matter at all.
                              Last edited by Psychic Missile; 10-10-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Is that a rhetorical question?

Actually they are counting on the public being that stupid.

As previously noted

The owners of the business has a right to tell his players they cannot use his business as a platform for their antics. Do it on your own time.
                                A (black) guy on the bus ride home was saying that "NFL" stands for "N_____ for Lease."
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment