Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maybe they both should resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You've been extra unhinged these past couple days. Joe's humiliating debate performance really got to you, didn't it?
    Not at all. Did Biden look bad? Absolutely. Did Trump help himself with all his lies? I doubt it. Made you proud of course, but Trump is still a traitor, a liar and a criminally and morally corrupt human being and I don't think Trump's performance is going to accomplish anything in the long run but to remind people of what a cretin your hero is, nor will it garner him any more support.
    Last edited by JimL; 06-29-2024, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

Not at all. Did Biden look bad? Absolutely. Did Trump help himself with all his lies? I doubt it. Made you proud of course, but Trump is still a traitor, a liar and a criminally and morally corrupt human being and I don't think Trump's performance is going to accomplish anything in the long run but to remind people of what a cretin your hero is, nor will it garner him any more support.
      We tried to warn you about Joe's cognitive decline, but you just wouldn't listen.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

To me, the reason why Trump had a much better debate is that he didn't add any extra ammunition against him. He made stuff up and avoided answering policy questions? That's not new. At this point, anyone who was going to be driven away by that already has been, and anyone supporting him is either claiming his false statements and avoidances aren't true or have concluded they're not enough to make them not support him. Even to swing voters or undecideds, Trump continuing to do what he's been doing for quite a while isn't going to move you one way or the other. There's nothing new here. It's like announcing that a Putin critic in Russia has died under mysterious circumstances and thinking it'll make anyone change their mind on Putin.

While there have been accusations of Biden having some kind of mental decline or at least just being too old, the issue was much more debated prior to this. Unlike Trump's rhetoric, this was something a lot of people hadn't decided their position on yet. So this provides a lot of new ammunition to attack Biden with.

Trump had a "strong" debate insofar as he didn't offer any particularly new avenues with which to attack him. Biden had a "weak" debate because he did. It's not so much how they did in the context of the debate itself (neither did all that well), but whether they provided anything new (positive or negative) to attack them with.

Comment

You've been extra unhinged these past couple days. Joe's humiliating debate performance really got to you, didn't it?
          C'monman! It was a cold! It was a stutter! "Dr." Jill said I did fine. True story.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            C'monman! It was a cold! It was a stutter! "Dr." Jill said I did fine. True story.
            "Dr." Jill gave him a cookie afterwards for keeping his eyes open for the whole 90 minutes. In fact, I think they were taped open.

bug eyes.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

"Dr." Jill gave him a cookie afterwards for keeping his eyes open for the whole 90 minutes. In fact, I think they were taped open.

bug eyes.jpg
              Do you members of the Trumpster cult even care that Trump lies to you every time he opens his mouth. And why do you think he feels the need to do that? We Biden supporters can admit to Biden's bad showing, but you can't even admit to Trump's constant lies. That's why your a cult. He takes you all for fools, and that's because he knows you are, and that he can

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

Do you members of the Trumpster cult even care that Trump lies to you every time he opens his mouth. And why do you think he feels the need to do that? We Biden supporters can admit to Biden's bad showing, but you can't even admit to Trump's constant lies. That's why your a cult. He takes you all for fools, and that's because he knows you are, and that he can
                We tried to warn you that Joe is brain dead, but you didn't believe us.

Comment

You have no choice but to admit the bad showing. There was no spin available. That's why you've been heavily trying to shift the narrative away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You have no choice but to admit the bad showing. There was no spin available. That's why you've been heavily trying to shift the narrative away from it.
                    That's silly. You have no choice but to admit that Trump just lied thru his teeth and avoided answering questions the whole way thru the debate, questions like would he accept the election results, and that's why you've been heavily trying to shift the narrative away from it.

See how that works?

Trump is an absolute scoundrel, and no matter how bad Biden did in the debate, he is ten times better the option for President than a lying treasonous scoundrel like Trump who just proved himself to be once again.

Comment

Since he lies every time he opens his mouth, and it was open for 90 minutes on Thursday, I suppose you wouldn't mind pointing out a couple of these lies.

Comment

We tried to warn you that Joe is brain dead, but you didn't believe us.
                        Nobody has even looked at old Joe's steady stream of lies, like the wholly outrageous one that no soldiers died on his watch.[1]

Instead everyone is still shock at seeing just how enfeebled the doddering old fool really is.

1. but then he was busy being bored, looking at his watch when some of their bodies were brought back and he was supposed to be showing his respect, so he probably doesn't remember that slap in the face to everyone who wore a military uniform.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nobody has even looked at old Joe's steady stream of lies, like the wholly outrageous one that no soldiers died on his watch.[1]

Instead everyone is still shock at seeing just how enfeebled the doddering old fool really is.

1. but then he was busy being bored, looking at his watch when some of their bodies were brought back and he was supposed to be showing his respect, so he probably doesn't remember that slap in the face to everyone who wore a military uniform.
                          Frankly, when it comes to Joe, it's hard to tell if he's intentionally lying, or if he simply has false memories and genuinely can't remember what's true.

Comment

More likely a TYT response to it, amirite?
                            Actually Cenk Uygur is quite vocally shaming and attacking the Democrats and saying they need Biden gone now and that this is a disaster, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Slave4Christ View Post

Actually Cenk Uygur is quite vocally shaming and attacking the Democrats and saying they need Biden gone now and that this is a disaster, etc..
                              Which really has nothing to do with the point at hand, which was about how Trump (OrangeMan Bad -- OMB) performed.

Star had said that "Trump also humiliated himself in the debate" providing only "a barrage of lies, plus the answer was always “migrants are bad...”"

In turn, MM declared that "you're not the first liberal I've seen who has tried to reduce President Trump's objectively strong debate performance down to nothing more than randomly complaining about migrants" and asked him where he got that from. Star said it was from "Watching the debate."

My bringing up that it was more likely from a TYT video was a bit of needling on my part, given his history of a rather heavy reliance upon them. It was also due in large part to how Star's saying that all OMB did was lie and complain about migrants did seem to be a talking point that saw widespread use appear very suddenly not long before he posted. It was basically a very late first instance of going on the attack by the Democrats after shaking off the Biden-like paralyzation due to shock brought about from seeing old Joe demonstrate that all those "cheap fakes" and "deep fakes" were showing the truth.

Comment

Frankly, when it comes to Joe, it's hard to tell if he's intentionally lying, or if he simply has false memories and genuinely can't remember what's true.
                                Part of the problem may be he has started to believe some of his own old lies. That he did great in school... That he marched Civil Rights protests... That he's the first one in his family to go to college... etc.

Comment