Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this article, with lots of quotes from people at Charlottesville.

Seems like there was violence and peaceful on both sides, but most of the violence seems to have come when 'counter-protestors' blocked the movement of the rally, or attacked people involved in it.

Regardless of who was in the march, or their political views, they had a legal right to be there and to march, and blocking them or attacking their rally is the main reason for any violence that ensued.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      Found this article, with lots of quotes from people at Charlottesville.

Seems like there was violence and peaceful on both sides, but most of the violence seems to have come when 'counter-protestors' blocked the movement of the rally, or attacked people involved in it.

Regardless of who was in the march, or their political views, they had a legal right to be there and to march, and blocking them or attacking their rally is the main reason for any violence that ensued.
      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-vice-news-hbo

Comment

• There was nothing peaceful about the counter protesters there either, and I know over a dozen people who were witnesses to the whole thing.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post

When they're doing it at night, with torches, and there's violence and someone dies, then they've crossed a line.
          The organizers had nothing to do with the guy who killed the counter protester. They did not suggest or encourage him to do anything. It lies solely at the feet of James Fields. Blaming the entire gathering for the self-directed acts of one individual is pretty pathetic.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            [...] It lies solely at the feet of James Fields. Blaming the entire gathering for the self-directed acts of one individual is pretty pathetic.
            Apart from the fact that they quite many of them shouted nazi slogans and favoured sick ideologies that have led to killings time and time again throughout history.

Comment

• I find your responses trite and lacking in any ability to think beyond stereotypes and slogans. Think, man, think!

Comment

I find your responses trite and lacking in any ability to think beyond stereotypes and slogans. Think, man, think!
                And your response is?

Comment

When they're doing it at night, with torches, and there's violence and someone dies, then they've crossed a line.
                  Gross over-simplification and conflation of separate events.

I'm amazed that some people seem to think that an increasingly authoritarian left -leaning society that uses violence to censor differing voices is a good thing in any way. Are they completely ignorant of the bloody history of such societies ??

They strain at the neo -nazi* gnat, and swallow the Antifa tiger.

* Pretty much everyone sees them as nutcases

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    And your response is?
                    To you? Yawn.

Comment

To you? Yawn.
                      We already know the answer. You questioned the narrative, so you must be a racist. I can see why you don't want to deal with Jimmy bot when you already know the response.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes, because we all know that a few hundred basement dwellers, carrying tiki tourches are a threat to the republic. Do you check under your bed every night for Trump, Putin, and Nazis, so they don't 'get you' in your sleep?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

To you? Yawn.
                          Only a Nazi white supremacist would yawn in the face of such injustice!
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Apart from the fact that they quite many of them shouted nazi slogans and favoured sick ideologies that have led to killings time and time again throughout history.
                            OOOHHH!!! words.... scary!!
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              I agree. If they were, for example, carrying communist flags, then we'd know their peaceful intentions.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Meanwhile...

Source: New Confederate memorial unveiled in Alabama

More than 200 people attended an unveiling ceremony for a new Confederate monument Sunday afternoon in Alabama's Crenshaw County.

The modest stone marker commemorates the "unknown Confederate soldiers" who died in the Civil War but have been forgotten by history, particularly those from Crenshaw County and the surrounding area.

The memorial now stands in a confederate memorial park first opened in May 2015 on private land in an unincorporated area next to Dry Creek RV Park about three miles north of Brantley. It sits among existing monuments, replica cannons and tall flagpoles flying Confederate and other flags.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment