Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's FBI authorized 'use of deadly force when necessary' during Mar-a-Lago raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    REVEALED: Biden's FBI authorized 'use of deadly force when necessary' during Mar-a-Lago raid

"Law enforcement officers of the Department of Justice may use deadly force when necessary..."

It has been revealed through unsealed filings in Donald Trump's classified documents case brought by Jack Smith that the FBI was authorized to use deadly force if needed in its raid of Mar-a-Lago.

The filing, published by journalist Julie Kelly, revealed the procedure if the FBI had encountered dangerous individuals during the raid.

The unsealed document stated, "According to an 'Operations Order' produced in discovery, the FBI believed its objective for the Mar-a-Lago raid was to seize 'classified information, NDI, and US Government records as described in [the] search warrant.' Ex. 3 at USA-01285174. The Order contained a 'Policy Statement' regarding 'Use Of Deadly Force,' which stated, for example, 'Law enforcement officers of the Department of Justice may use deadly force when necessary...'."

It's kinda weird to me that there would need to be such a statement.
    Sounds more like it was just boiler plate language tacked on to the document. I think that is what they mean by "Policy Statement" - that the officers always have the option of using deadly force if needed. Sounds more like the conservative leaning blog/website is just trying to stir up controversy for clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Sounds more like it was just boiler plate language tacked on to the document. I think that is what they mean by "Policy Statement" - that the officers always have the option of using deadly force if needed. Sounds more like the conservative leaning blog/website is just trying to stir up controversy for clicks.
      Yeah, I've been around a lot of this stuff, and never saw or heard of anything like that - the security guy for our Church is a former DEA agent, and he is puzzled by such a statement. In his words, "like, we don't know we're allowed to use deadly force?"
      My son-in-law is with the multi-jurisdictional drug task force who frequently works with the Feds -- same thing.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It seems odd to me that this would be a consideration. You would think that the FBI would coordinate the response with the head of the detail to avoid any misunderstandings of that type. It's not like they could hide a raid from on-site secret service, and going in "guns-blazing" would be a poor decision.

Honestly, had he been on premises, the detail would have likely been informed by agent on the ground that they were going to execute the warrant, and to keep trump out of the way. Any agent that tried to help trump hide documents, or provided advanced warning would likely have found themselves charged for obstruction.
        After asking, I read the linked story in the OP and found...

In a second document released that was marked “Contingencies,” it said that FBI agents were told to be prepared to “engage with [Trump] and [his US Secret Service] Team" when they entered Mar-a-Lago.

Additionally, the FBI had a medic on scene in case anyone was injured during the raid and identified a local trauma center if anyone was hurt during the operation at Mar-a-Lago.

So it looks like they were anticipating an armed stand-off with the Secret Service.

Just what in the %#&@#*% . $@%# was going on here?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

In a second document released that was marked “Contingencies,” it said that FBI agents were told to be prepared to “engage with [Trump] and [his US Secret Service] Team" when they entered Mar-a-Lago.

Additionally, the FBI had a medic on scene in case anyone was injured during the raid and identified a local trauma center if anyone was hurt during the operation at Mar-a-Lago.

So it looks like they were anticipating an armed stand-off with the Secret Service.

I thought I mentioned that - I know I read it, because it was part of my "wondering" about all this.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Absolutely idiotic.

Comment

Or maybe hoped? Again, it's just weird.
              Has anything in politics and government since 2016 up to now been normal?

Comment

"Engage with" does not mean "have an armed standoff with" or "get in a firefight with".

Comment

You have to remember they all have TDS like Ox and JimL (and Carpe) they all see Trump as an actual dictator, white supremacist, grand dragon of the KKK, Dr. Evil incarnate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

"Engage with" does not mean "have an armed standoff with" or "get in a firefight with".
                    You're right - it meant ask them to a dance.

Comment

You're right - it meant ask them to a dance.
                      You're right - ask them to a dance per existing liaison relationships.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 11.51.42 AM.png

Comment

You're right - ask them to a dance per existing liaison relationships.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 11.51.42 AM.png
                        Because the FBI agents are a bunch of morons who don't know how to do their job? Yes, they have been politically weaponized, as several whistle-blowers have been pointing out, but they're not morons.

Comment

Because the FBI agents are a bunch of morons who don't know how to do their job? Yes, they have been politically weaponized, as several whistle-blowers have been pointing out, but they're not morons.
                          I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Did you bother to read the third item on the contingency list?

Comment

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Did you bother to read the third item on the contingency list?
                            Sorry, I'm still laughing at the "should media be present....." They would have done things differently?

Comment

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the "should media be present....." They would have done things differently?
                              Didn't the DOJ/FBI CALL the media and tell them about the raid? They all knew about it and were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Didn't the DOJ/FBI CALL the media and tell them about the raid? They all knew about it and were there.
                                Not according to CNN Business....

Reporters who cover sensitive beats sometimes have a sense when big news is about to break. But not this time. The FBI’s Monday morning search of Mar-a-Lago – a thunderclap in American political history – happened so quietly, so secretly, that it wasn’t caught on camera at all. For the most part reporters didn’t catch wind of the FBI action until after it was over. By the time local TV news cameras showed up outside the club, there was almost nothing to see. Websites used file photos of the Florida resort since there were no dramatic shots of the search.

It's like they had something to hide.

Comment