Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Snopes finally admits old Joe showered with his daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Trump made a somewhat unusual comment about his own daughter "I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

Have you ever made such a remark about your daughters? I wonder if Ronson has?
    Nope. Of course, Trump said this on broadcast television and the comment was meant for a wide audience. He was questioned on how good looking Ivanka was and if she would pose for Playboy.

When asked how he would react if Ivanka, a former teen model, posed for Playboy, Trump replied, "It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what's inside the magazine."

He added: "I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

The Miss America host was pumping up his daughter to the audience, in that context. I don't put much stock in it. It would be more icky if he was recorded saying that in a more private setting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Making the comments is seriously creepy, yes.
      Admitting to potentially being sexually attracted to your own daughter is downright unhealthy.

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
      Showering with your daughter is much much more creepy.
      Why?

Several of you are obviously morally incensed that Biden and his daughter shared a shower together yet none of you has produced a valid reason to explain your outrage.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Funny how liberals are more concerned with what President Trump says than with what Joe actually does.
        Assuming you have daughters, have thoughts like those of Mr Trump ever gone through your head?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

To be fair, an adult writing in a journal "Was I molested? I think so - I can't remember specifics but I do remember trauma ... showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate)," would not seem to evince good parenting.
          A child ending up a drug addict could evince a similar response.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That you are so screwed-up in the head that you can't see the differences is not my problem.
            You continually defend the perverse, and then mock us for "being prudes".

About the only person here who swallows your crap would be your pal, JimL. You should be so very proud.
            Why are you not able to extend a modicum of charitable thought towards Mr & Mrs Biden?

"It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Admitting to potentially being sexually attracted to your own daughter is downright unhealthy.
              I think he says things like that just to trigger the weak-minded left.

Several of you are obviously morally incensed

"Incensed"? You got schooled on "outraged", so you switched to "incensed"?

We merely state something is wrong, and the loony left races to "WOW, they must be OUTRAGED!"

that Biden and his daughter shared a shower together yet none of you has produced a valid reason to explain your outrage.
              "shared a shower together" - wow - you make it sound so ... um.... 'mutual'. Yet she looks back on it as part of the reason for her trauma.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why?

Several of you are obviously morally incensed that Biden and his daughter shared a shower together yet none of you has produced a valid reason to explain your outrage.

She gave the only reason required. It was inappropriate and traumatizing for her and part of the reason she is in therapy at 39 years of age. A grown man flashing his genitals to his young daughter is disgusting and borderline pedophilic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No duh. It's all examples of what caused her trauma, HA.
                  She never states what caused her trauma. She questions if she was molested. She thinks she might have been but cannot remember specifics but does remember trauma. She then goes on to cite various incidents.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

and the reason this thread is 23 pages long is because you keep repeating yourself and ignoring what we say and you can't just admit that showering with your adolescent children is disgusting.
                  In other words what you really want is for everyone to agree with you.

Now tell us why "showering with your adolescent children is disgusting"? What do you imagine goes in the shower?

"It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

She never states what caused her trauma. She questions if she was molested. She thinks she might have been but cannot remember specifics but does remember trauma. She then goes on to cite various incidents.
                    Various incidents that she believes contributed to her trauma.

In other words what you really want is for everyone to agree with you.
                    No. Just for you and JimL to stop repeating the same nonsense.

Now tell us why "showering with your adolescent children is disgusting"? What do you imagine goes in the shower?
                    See above post.

Comment

I'll let Ashley tell you in her own words:

Hyper-sexualized at a young age. Was I molested? I think so - I can't remember specifics but I do remember trauma ... showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate)..."
                      You're only fooling yourself with this kind of tactic MM. You are so in doubt of our own argument that you even have to take Ashley's words out of context in order to make it sound more legit.

Comment

Why are you not able to extend a modicum of charitable thought towards Mr & Mrs Biden?
                        A) Mrs. is not in the picture - had she been, Joe might not have been showering with her daughter
                        2) Why are you so absolutely bent on defending this man?
                        c) Why is it necessary for you to need my "charity" toward him?

And, bonus question - Why not just stop digging the hole in which you find yourself?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

You're only fooling yourself with this kind of tactic MM. You are so in doubt of our own argument that you even have to take Ashley's words out of context in order to make it sound more legit.
                          LOL. You are sounding desperate to dismiss the fact that your hero Joe Biden is a pedophile. Showering with young girls, sniffing their hair, giving them shoulder massages. Sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A) Mrs. is not in the picture - had she been, Joe might not have been showering with her daughter
                            2) Why are you so absolutely bent on defending this man?
                            c) Why is it necessary for you to need my "charity" toward him?

And, bonus question - Why not just stop digging the hole in which you find yourself?
                            I do not need your charity towards him but I understood that charitable actions and thought were part of the Christian ethos. Do unto others, beams and motes etc.

I do not consider a parent sharing a shower with their child the most heinous of acts. I can think of far more pernicious and detrimental parental behaviours towards their offspring.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I do not need your charity towards him
                              Then why did you bring that up?

but I understood that charitable actions and thought were part of the Christian ethos. Do unto others, beams and motes etc.
                              You tend to do this when you've flung everything else at the wall and nothing stuck.
                              Another part of the "Christian ethos" is calling out sin, and your incredibly dishonest misuse of that biblical principle is duly noted.

I do not consider a parent sharing a shower with their child the most heinous of acts.
                              A) Nobody claimed it was "the most heinous of acts" --- that was Hamas attacking Israel.
                              2) Again, "sharing a shower" ---- next you'll be calling rape "sharing a sexual experience".

I can think of far more pernicious and detrimental parental behaviours towards their offspring.
                              When your prior arguments go up in smoke, you tend to resort to this kind of absolute nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Various incidents that she believes contributed to her trauma.
                                ~Why are you inventing text?

Nowhere does she acknowledge that any of those incidents "contributed to her trauma".

She notes that she remembers trauma and then lists various incidents and feelings i.e. "not liking the Woolzack's house". Why one wonders? "[S]omewhat being sexualised with Caroline". One wonders as to what that might refer? A brief Sapphic relationship perhaps as teen experimentation?

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment