Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How long can Netanyahu survive in power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Did you read the article?

“The convoys from the Jordanian military that brought the aid in unloaded the aid in Gaza. It was then picked up by a humanitarian implementer for distribution inside Gaza,” State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said Thursday. “That aid was intercepted and diverted by Hamas on the ground in Gaza.”He said it was the first “widespread” case of humanitarian aid diversion that the U.S. has seen in Gaza since the Israel-Hamas war started after the Palestinians’ Oct. 7 slaughter of Israelis.

“The U.N. is either in the process or has by now recovered that aid. But it was an unacceptable act by Hamas to divert this aid to begin with,” Mr. Miller said. “We have made it clear that it’s an unacceptable act, (and) I think the U.N. partners will be also making clear that it’s an unacceptable act.”

And I agree with Mr Miller.
    So do I.

"That aid was intercepted and diverted by Hamas on the ground in Gaza"

That its the first time that we literally saw it happen right before us hardly changes anything regarding their stealing the supplies sent into the area.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This is how I imagine Hypatia_Alexandria when she's forced to admit she was wro-- wron-- not exactly right.

That's me when the mangy pirate and me brudder aren't completely wrong about something.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So Hamas is actively trying to kill their own citizens by starving them to death. Where is the outrage and condemnation from the liberals? From eider and HA? It's GENOCIDE!!!!!!
        [Hypatia_Alexandria]

I don't condone it, but neither do I condemn it.

[/Hypatia_Alexandria]
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

[Hypatia_Alexandria]

I don't condone it, but neither do I condemn it.

[/Hypatia_Alexandria]
          Previously she dismissed the news reports of them stealing the aid by asking if they were still doing it. So rogue posted a news article from a week ago saying they are still doing it, and now her response seems to be "oh that was the only time they did it, there is no evidence they did it in the past"

The fact that aid has been given to them by the world for months now and the Palestinians are still starving and dying from lack of medicine means someone is and has been stealing the aid. Hamas.

Comment

Previously she dismissed the news reports of them stealing the aid by asking if they were still doing it. So rogue posted a news article from a week ago saying they are still doing it, and now her response seems to be "oh that was the only time they did it, there is no evidence they did it in the past"

The fact that aid has been given to them by the world for months now and the Palestinians are still starving and dying from lack of medicine means someone is and has been stealing the aid. Hamas.
            She seems wholly incapable of having a good faith conversation.

Comment

Correction. I have not dismissed any reports. I pointed out that the reports being provided were made several months ago.

Please get your facts straight. Otherwise you give the impression that you intentionally set out to misrepresent what others have written.

The fact that the situation in Gaza is so dire is also because aid has not been allowed to get in.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

The fact that the situation in Gaza is so dire is also because aid has not been allowed to get in.
                And what aid is allowed in is being absconded by Hamas terrorists. You forgot that part.

Comment

And what aid is allowed in is being absconded by Hamas terrorists. You forgot that part.
                  You cannot make that claim for the present time.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You'll have to do better than an appeal to incredulity. What evidence do you have that Hamas has changed its well document pattern of behavior with regard to stealing supplies and hoarding them away from civilians?

Comment

Rogue literally just did. From May 3, 2024

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ough-newly-op/

Comment

[Hypatia_Alexandria]

That story is from 12 days ago. Do you have any evidence that Hamas is continuing this pattern of behavior right now, at this very second?

[/Hypatia_Alexandria]

Comment

[Hypatia_Alexandria]

That story is from 12 days ago. Do you have any evidence that Hamas is continuing this pattern of behavior right now, at this very second?

[/Hypatia_Alexandria]
                          Reminds me of an old guy in church who suddenly saw his social security checks stop arriving.
                          I helped him call the SSA, and they said they had a report he had died, so they stopped payments.
                          They said he had to bring in a "certificate of life" - something from his doctor stating he was alive, along with birth certificate, photo ID, etc.

We thought it was stupid, but we got him to his doctor, doc wrote up a "certificate of life", and we headed to the local SSA office.

It got even stupider --- the lady said, "OK, so you can prove he is alive TODAY, but can you prove that, on January 15......."
                          then she stopped and got this really weird look on her face.... "ok, never mind -- I think this can work".
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

C'monman! That was almost two whole weeks ago! The leopard has obviously changed its spots since then. No lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Reminds me of an old guy in church who suddenly saw his social security checks stop arriving.
                              I helped him call the SSA, and they said they had a report he had died, so they stopped payments.
                              They said he had to bring in a "certificate of life" - something from his doctor stating he was alive, along with birth certificate, photo ID, etc.

We thought it was stupid, but we got him to his doctor, doc wrote up a "certificate of life", and we headed to the local SSA office.

It got even stupider --- the lady said, "OK, so you can prove he is alive TODAY, but can you prove that, on January 15......."
                              then she stopped and got this really weird look on her face.... "ok, never mind -- I think this can work".

Gotta luv gubmint.

Comment

I responded to that comment.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment