Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Off With Their Heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Thank you! And you agree Antifa is a problem?
    See above. However, clashes between the Left and the Right are hardly new!
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I think the latter may be, to some extent, a result of the former. We have seen the rise of the Right across Europe in the last fifteen years or so and particularly in the last ten as what were once extreme fringe views have moved steadily mainstream. I really doubt that a German politician running for election in the late 1990s or early noughties would have remarked that we Germans were a "brutally defeated people" who needed a "180-degree turn" in remembering our past, as Bjoern Hoeck did in 2017.

It is therefore not surprising that in response to the rise of the Right there has been a similar rise of a more confrontational and sometimes violent opposition. I also suspect there is a direct link between these two polarised positions and the increasing use of social media.
      You are absolutely incapable of giving a direct answer!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

See above. However, clashes between the Left and the Right are hardly new!
        Yes, ma'am, I saw your rambling non-answer.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You are absolutely incapable of giving a direct answer!
          The whole issue is not black and white. You like simple answers "Yes, "No" "Good" "Bad" "Right" "Wrong".

The real world is not that simple.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

The whole issue is not black and white. You like simple answers "Yes, "No" "Good" "Bad" "Right" "Wrong".

I'm aware that moral absolutes to a liberal are like sunlight to a vampire, but compare my answer....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Absolutely, and I oppose any extremism that promotes racism, hatred, white supremacism, violence, rioting, vandalism, chaos, mayhem.... did I leave anything out?
            to your non-answer.

Do you condemn any extremism that promotes racism, hatred, white supremacism, violence, rioting, vandalism, chaos, mayhem?

Comment

More importantly, you don't like giving direct answers because you prefer to never defend your positions. It's why you post by proxy, avoid answering questions, and distract from topics instead of talking about them directly.

Comment

And rightfully so.

Absolutely, and I oppose any extremism that promotes racism, hatred, white supremacism, violence, rioting, vandalism, chaos, mayhem.... did I leave anything out?
                Unless of course that extremism is a rebellion incited by your fascist Autocratic hero in his attempted overthrow of democracy in order that he retain his power as president of the U.S. And pretending that none of that happened, and that Trump didn't incite and lead that effort might fool some people but it doesn't fool me for a second. You say you condemn all forms of extremism, violence, racism etc etc, except that you continue to support the fascist that continuously incites it and vow to vote for him again. LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Unless of course that extremism is a rebellion incited by your fascist Autocratic hero in his attempted overthrow of democracy....
                  No, Goofus, I already condemned that, so you are a lying little .

Comment

No, Goofus, I already condemned that, so you are a lying little .
                    No, you obfuscated, it was "you said" just a rally that got out of hand that just happened to occur on Jan 6th the day Biden was to be confirmed. You ignore, just as all of you Trumpster's ignore, the facts i.e that Trump organized that rally, incited them, and sent them to the Capital and watched the onslaught taking place for 3 hours and in an unprecedented dereliction of duty, did nothing to stop it. He then called the insurrectionists patriots and heros promising to this day to Pardon them if re-elected. You ignore all of that, and all of the evidence brought forth by the investigative committee. You, and the other MAGA frauds here constantly deny facts and make excuses in defense of the treasonous ex-president and his many different illegal failed attempts at overthrowing the election and our democracy, the violent insurrection at the Capital only being the last attempt
                    Last edited by JimL; 05-15-2024, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Why is antisemitism on the rise in your right wing Trumpian aka republican party? "The Jews will not replace us" the Jews will not replace us" Huh, how come? Why are all the Neo-nazis, the white supremacists in your Party? Get a clue seer!
                      Antisemitism is one of those things you'll find if you go far enough to the extreme on the right OR left. However, especially lately, it's been rather more prevalent on the left (those "Free Palestine" protestors are hardly right wing).
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, you obfuscated,
                        Nope.

it was "you said" just a rally that got out of hand that just happened to occur on Jan 6th the day Biden was to be confirmed...
                        Wow, you're even worse at paraphrasing than Sam! I'll give you the same advice - use the QUOTE function if you're going to claim I said something, because that's an outright lie.

Comment

No, you obfuscated, it was "you said" just a rally that got out of hand that just happened to occur on Jan 6th the day Biden was to be confirmed. You ignore, just as all of you Trumpster's ignore, the facts i.e that Trump organized that rally, incited them, and sent them to the Capital and watched the onslaught taking place for 3 hours and in an unprecedented dereliction of duty, did nothing to stop it. He then called the insurrectionists patriots and heros promising to this day to Pardon them if re-elected. You ignore all of that, and all of the evidence brought forth by the investigative committee. You, and the other MAGA frauds here constantly deny facts and make excuses in defense of the treasonous ex-president and his many different illegal failed attempts at overthrowing the election and our democracy, the violent insurrection at the Capital only being the last attempt
                          Your charge of obfuscation might stick if it weren't immediately followed by revisionist history at its finest.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Antisemitism is one of those things you'll find if you go far enough to the extreme on the right OR left. However, especially lately, it's been rather more prevalent on the left (those "Free Palestine" protestors are hardly right wing).
                            It is definitely on both sides, but no longer just on the extremes for the left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Protesting against the horrors that Netanyahu is perpetrating on the Gazans, indiscriminately murdering thousands of innocent civilians and completely destroying their country is not in itself antisemitism.
                              ​​​​​​And no, although there could be individual antisemities on the left there are no organized groups of antisemites on the left as there are on the right such as the neo-nazis, white supremacists, you know, the "Jews will not replace us" crowd.

Comment

Your charge of obfuscation might stick if it weren't immediately followed by revisionist history at its finest.
                                Tell me then exactly what I got wrong about your position on Jan 6th. Or to make it easier just define your position regarding Jan 6th.

Comment