Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Louisiana law gets medieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Once again you display your ineptitude.
    Ah, the personal attack....but given that you didn't use less sophisticated words, it's not "puerile" or "Schoolyard antics" and therefore is acceptable in your book. We've done your song and dance routine enough to know the games that you play. Expect your intellectual dishonesty to be called out when you utilize it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Ah, the personal attack....but given that you didn't use less sophisticated words, it's not "puerile" or "Schoolyard antics" and therefore is acceptable in your book. We've done your song and dance routine enough to know the games that you play. Expect your intellectual dishonesty to be called out when you utilize it.
      Once again you do not understand basic language. And as for personal attacks you might consider your own peevish language in that regard.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Once again you do not understand basic language. And as for personal attacks you might consider your own peevish language in that regard.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Please desist with the special pleading. It only serves to make you appear even more ridiculous.
          "Special pleading"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            "Special pleading"?
            Tis a confusing one.

Comment

You've earned your reputation. Might as well own it. Maybe the next new person to the forum will be fooled by your behavior...

Comment

"Special pleading"?
                My error. I intended your flagrant self promotion as if you are a special individual.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

My error. I intended your flagrant self promotion as if you are a special individual.
                  I can vouch for that!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You literally asked whether or not a couple in their nineties should enjoy a sexual relationship. "Should" seems to imply that.

You have to remember that she has problems understanding common English, and that you can not possibly parse out the meaning of the sentence because you aren't able to read her mind.
                    We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

We're all special. In different ways. Like you are special... special needs, apparently.

I have lived a very interesting life and been encouraged to write a book or two about it several times (my typical reply is no thanks, my accounts die with me), and now for the last couple of decades have lived a quiet, boring life -- and am loving it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We're all special. In different ways. Like you are special... special needs, apparently.
                        Point of information the phrase special needs also applies to highly gifted children.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I have lived a very interesting life and been encouraged to write a book or two about it several times (my typical reply is no thanks, my accounts die with me), and now for the last couple of decades have lived a quiet, boring life -- and am loving it.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Point of information the phrase special needs also applies to highly gifted children.

Actually, in the US, it's more - particular educational requirements arising from physical or intellectual disability or behavioral difficulties.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Actually, in the US, it's more - particular educational requirements arising from physical or intellectual disability or behavioral difficulties.
                            Ah well the USA is not the epicentre of the universe.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Ah well the USA is not the epicentre of the universe.
                              When you're referencing something one of us native English speakers said (or typed), it's far more important to understand how we use words or terms than your own assumptions.

This is an error you make quite frequently.

I erroneously corrected the spelling of one of our non-US contributors, only to discover that's the proper spelling in his country. So I needed to adjust.
                              You do, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When you're referencing something one of us native English speakers said (or typed), it's far more important to understand how we use words or terms than your own assumptions.

This is an error you make quite frequently.

Point of information. In Britain "native English speakers" use the term special needs to apply to individuals at the opposite ends of the educational and intellectual spectrum.

I am therefore unsure where my error might be.

Or are we back to the comment about two nations divided by a common language?
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment