Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Louisiana law gets medieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You complain about me reading your mind, and then I ask you to explain your mind, instead of doing that, you start waffling and speaking in vagaries instead of just telling me what you think/believe. Can you blame me? If you don't want people guessing at what you believe, you should state it clearly and simply. Then I can't "read your mind" incorrectly. Of course then you would have nothing to COMPLAIN about and troll with.
    That.

As CD keeps reminding us, never assume that she is arguing in good faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That.

You always assume, after someone informs you of something that you knew nothing about, that this means that they must have Googled it. Your ego will simply not permit you to accept the fact that other people know a lot of things that you're wholly ignorant about.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You literally asked whether or not a couple in their nineties should enjoy a sexual relationship. "Should" seems to imply that.
        I wrote a rhetorical question

[...] but why should a couple in their nineties not enjoy a sexual relationship?

Are you capable of recognising the difference between what you allege I wrote and what I actually wrote?

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        For the majority of my life my friends have been older. Then there's the fact that I'm the youngest on both sides of my family and have a reputation for not gossiping about what you tell me. IOW, people talk. I listen.

[added vitriol] I am quite sure that you are the ideal personne de confiance for nonagenarians of your acquaintance who wish to discuss their sex lives.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Someone has been Googling!
          Maybe you should do more so you commit logical fallacies less.

Oh wait, Google is too complex for you.

Comment

I wrote a rhetorical question

[...] but why should a couple in their nineties not enjoy a sexual relationship?

Are you capable of recognising the difference between what you allege I wrote and what I actually wrote?

[added vitriol] I am quite sure that you are the ideal personne de confiance for nonagenarians of your acquaintance who wish to discuss their sex lives.
            For whatever reason people tend to choose me as the person to talk to about various personal issues. Believe me when I say I do not seek it out nor really want this "role."

Comment

In some jurisdictions.
              It says "many"
              As we do not know, your comment remains speculative.
              As does your comment about him not being a pedophile because she was 14.

To use a phrase quod scripsi, scripsi.

There evidently are individuals who believe, for whatever reasons, that they are in the wrong body and are the wrong sex and this conviction has existed since their early childhood. Such individuals might need hormone therapy at or after puberty but I suspect those instances are rare. And of course as you have noted there may be instances of intersex or developmental problems.
              So you do believe in allowing hormone therapy for children if they believe, for whatever reason, they are the wrong sex. That's what I said in the first place. It only took you a couple of pages to admit I was correct.

Where is that actually occurring?
              Use google. It's been the news for a few years now. Being trans seems to have become a fad in many schools.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06
                That.

You always assume, after someone informs you of something that you knew nothing about, that this means that they must have Googled it. Your ego will simply not permit you to accept the fact that other people know a lot of things that you're wholly ignorant about.
                Talking to yourself again?
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe you should do more so you commit logical fallacies less.
                  As I demonstrated the allegation was erroneous.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Oh wait, Google is too complex for you.
                  If you want playground time - find another thread.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

For whatever reason people tend to choose me as the person to talk to about various personal issues.
                    Oh please. Are you seriously trying to pretend that very old friends/family talk to you and only you about such matters?

"It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Oh please. Are you seriously trying to pretend that very old friends/family talk to you and only you about such matters?

Mind reading disguised as a question.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

And the typical twisting of what was actually said.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Talking to yourself again?
                          Only when I'm starved for an intelligent conversation.

Obviously linked to the wrong post

Comment

Consider it a curse. I really don't know what I've done to deserve it. Apparently I come across as someone you can talk about things like this with. Whether or not I'm the only person that they talk to about it...

Maybe it goes back to my ability to talk to people about sensitive issues without causing upset or embarrassment that has led to it. That I don't immediately run off and share personal information may also be a part of it.

I literally started gossiping at one job in an attempt to stop people from "sharing" so much with me.

Comment

Consider it a curse. I really don't know what I've done to deserve it. Apparently I come across as someone you can talk about things like this with. Whether or not I'm the only person that they talk to about it...

Maybe it goes back to my ability to talk to people about sensitive issues without causing upset or embarrassment that has led to it. That I don't immediately run off and share personal information may also be a part of it.

I literally started gossiping at one job in an attempt to stop people from "sharing" so much with me.
                              Please desist with the special pleading. It only serves to make you appear even more ridiculous.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Once again you display your ineptitude.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment