Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brains and politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post

You thinks so? Funny I don't feel paranoid. Maybe you're just projecting again.
    Paranoid people rarely say they feel paranoid. For them the feeling is just natural.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Paranoid people rarely say they feel paranoid. For them the feeling is just natural.
      That's just dumb. You dumb rogue.

Comment

And many on the left have the same view which is why they keep switching names for themselves after they tarnish the one they've been using. For instance, a hundred years ago they preferred the term "Progressive" but switched to "Liberal" after they turned the former into a "dirty word." Today, after giving "Liberal" a bad name they are switching back to "Progressive" again.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
          MM, don't you ever tire of making a fool of yourself? Anyone can look at the economic data and see just how much better the economy, the employment, the wages, the record breaking Stock Market, the inflation rate ( 2,8%), the GDP, and even the Consumer Sentiment is way up which itself puts a lie to your statement that nobody thinks Bidens economy is good! Obviously many do think it's good, as that is what consumer sentiment is indicative of. Get a clue, and you won't always end up making yourself look like a foolish dupe for the right.
          I don't care about massaged and cherry picked data. I can see the reality with my own eyes every time I go to the grocery store, or pay my bills, or fill up my car with gas, because even though I'm earning more money today than I was four years ago, my spending power is less due to inflation and other factors more than offsetting my increased income. No amount of gas lighting from low information morons like you is going fool a single person struggling to make ends meet under this disaster known as Bidenomics. I've been able to weather the storm because I made wise financial decisions when the economy was good, but there are countless people across the US who are not so fortunate.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-29-2024, 04:01 PM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            FIFY n/c

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't care about massaged and cherry picked data. I can see the reality with my own eyes every time I go to the grocery store, or pay my bills, or fill up my car with gas, because even though I'm earning more money today than I was four years ago, my spending power is less due to inflation and other factors more than offsetting my increased income. No amount of gas lighting from low information morons like you is going fool a single person struggling to make ends meet under this disaster known as Bidenomics. I've been able to weather the storm because I made wise financial decisions when the economy was good, but there are countless people across the US who are not so fortunate.
              Yes ',Of course MM, surely you didn't think that I, or anyone else on tweb were under the misguided belief that in your face facts would have any effect on your believe whatever it is that suits your fancy and try to rationalize or orcompletely disregard or any and all facts that mind

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

Yes ',Of course MM, surely you didn't think that I, or anyone else on tweb were under the misguided belief that in your face facts would have any effect on your believe whatever it is that suits your fancy and try to rationalize or orcompletely disregard or any and all facts that mind
                Try posting that again when you're sober, and maybe it will actually be coherent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Try posting that again when you're sober, and maybe it will actually be coherent.
                  Might as well request that he doesn't post on any day of the week which ends in a "y."

Comment

Might as well request that he doesn't post on any day of the week which ends in a "y."
                    Either that, or he was doing a flawless impersonation of Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Either that, or he was doing a flawless impersonation of Joe.
                      For that he would have to start ending in mid-sentence with "any way..."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

You thinks so? Funny I don't feel paranoid. Maybe you're just projecting again.

Comment

Speaking of facts, it seems you're confusing the PCE number (2.8%) with the CPI number. The CPI rose from 3.1 to 3.2 for the month of February. We get the report for March next week. If those numbers keep rising, the stock market is going to falter because this will make their expected "Fed pivot" more improbable.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Speaking of facts, it seems you're confusing the PCE number (2.8%) with the CPI number. The CPI rose from 3.1 to 3.2 for the month of February. We get the report for March next week. If those numbers keep rising, the stock market is going to falter because this will make their expected "Fed pivot" more improbable.
                            Well, cross your fingers and you never know, you might get the crash your obviouly hoping for.

Comment

Well, cross your fingers and you never know, you might get the crash your obviouly hoping for.
                              I'm just stating facts and educating you about economics. I predicted a crash in 2022 and it happened, because I was aware of the Fed's actions and how that affected the market. I can't really predict what the market will do now because not sure what the Fed will do. What crash am I predicting now? I'm assuming that's what you mean by "hoping for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

What part of that were you incapable of keeping up with?

A hundred years ago, the left here called themselves "progressives," but their actions gave the term a bad name so they switched to calling themselves "liberals." Only the same thing happened. Their actions gave liberal a bad name so they are switching back to progressive hoping folks forgot why they changed in the first place.

Comment