Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Society of Magical Negroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Society of Magical Negroes

Just replace white with black and imagine the outrage, and national pearl clutching...

‘American Society of Magical Negroes’ trailer sparks anger for saying 'White people' are most dangerous animal

"What's the most dangerous animal on the planet?" Roger asks.

"Sharks," Aren guesses.

"White people," Roger reveals, "when they feel uncomfortable. White people feeling uncomfortable precedes a lot of bad stuff for us. That's why we fight White discomfort every day, because the happier they are, the safer we are."

Aren then embarks on his job using magical powers to secretly help a White man become happy, up until they both appear in the trailer to fall in love with the same woman, and Aren realizes that if he initiates a romance with her himself, he may face serious consequences.

"I've always felt like it's my job to make White people feel comfortable, and here it literally is, but maybe it shouldn't be," Aren can be heard saying in another part of the trailer.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/americ...ngerous-animal
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Just replace white with black and imagine the outrage, and national pearl clutching...
    There is a most dangerous animal in the world exhibit at a museum, and it's a mirror.
    But seer, what is it with you and all this racist crap all the time. Is it me or am I correct that you are always whining about black people in some way getting off easy compared to white people. You seem to be obsessed with the subject.

Comment

Divide and conquer. Only question is, who's behind the divide? They must be a pretty powerful influence.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

There is a most dangerous animal in the world exhibit at a museum, and it's a mirror.
        But seer, what is it with you and all this racist crap all the time. Is it me or am I correct that you are always whining about black people in some way getting off easy compared to white people. You seem to be obsessed with the subject.
        IIRC, Whag starts most of the race threads.

Anyway, this movie has been in the news for the past week, and is getting controversial because of the subject matter. It's not like just Seer created it.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Divide and conquer. Only question is, who's behind the divide? They must be a pretty powerful influence.
          Just woke stuff for liberals. They're the only ones who will watch it. I have to admit, it's sounds unique and not the usual regurgitated woke stuff, but has no appeal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Just woke stuff for liberals. They're the only ones who will watch it. I have to admit, it's sounds unique and not the usual regurgitated woke stuff, but has no appeal for me.
            I'd be surprised if even most white liberals would want to watch it. I honestly can't imagine a white person, regardless of their political views, wants to sit in a theater and be belittled just for the color of their skin. Maybe a few black folks might watch it from a majority that probably won't watch it.

Comment

It's a parody on the "magical negro" trope, a critical term used for black supporting characters who don't seem to have much of a goal in life outside of helping out the white protagonist. The dialogue from the movie you provided is in reference to that. The premise of the film is apparently that the main character becomes a member of a society of such "magical negros" whose job is to make the life of white people easier.

A spoof on the "magical negro" trope is something that actually sounds potentially funny, and the trailer initially looks like it'll be leaning into goofiness... but the trailer makes it looks like the premise is just there to set up a more serious "star-crossed lovers" thing rather than the zany comedy such a premise should be used for.
              Last edited by Terraceth; 12-18-2023, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Seer must believe that it's all real.
                It's a film! ​

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                  Seer must believe that it's all real.
                  It's a film! ​
                  Yeah, I think seers one of those angry old white guys. He seems to have race on his mind an awful lot.

Comment

You mean the racist crap from the left? You mean the glaring double standard? Imagine saying that Black people were the most dangerous animals in the world? We all know the fallout...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yeah, I think seers one of those angry old white guys. He seems to have race on his mind an awful lot.
                      ....and Brit doctors and judges. .....and anybody that looks like a leftist. ......maybe anybody that's not like him?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'd be surprised if even most white liberals would want to watch it. I honestly can't imagine a white person, regardless of their political views, wants to sit in a theater and be belittled just for the color of their skin...
                        But it would save them (white liberals) from going out an flogging themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

....and Brit doctors and judges. .....and anybody that looks like a leftist. ......maybe anybody that's not like him?
                          You forgot people who ride motor scooters.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Elon Musk - "DEI must DIE - The point was to end discrimination, not replace it with different discrimination."
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You forgot people who ride motor scooters.
                              And them 'n' all!
                              Demonic even........

Comment