Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This is what fascism looks like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

This is absurd. The investigations into Trump are with cause. The man has earned every bit of the scrutiny he is getting. This is NOT what fascism looks like. This is what the rule of law, and a constitutional Republic look like, where no single man, even the president or former president of the United States, is above the law.

Former Presidebt Trump has broken the law more ways than sideways and now is paying for it - as he should.
    This is not just about President Trump. This is a clear warning shot to anybody who supports the President, including doing something as innocuous as liking a comment he posted. It's sad that you can look at this clear abuse of power by the Biden administration and think it perfectly normal and acceptable. I can only wonder how shrill your howls of outrage would be if Trump's attorney general had targeted supporters of Hillary and Obama in the same manner.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is absurd. The investigations into Trump are with cause. The man has earned every bit of the scrutiny he is getting. This is NOT what fascism looks like. This is what the rule of law, and a constitutional Republic look like, where no single man, even the president or former president of the United States, is above the law.

Former Presidebt Trump has broken the law more ways than sideways and now is paying for it - as he should.
      I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the fact they're going after Trump supporters and followers on social media. How is that within the scope of Smith's investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

How is that within the scope of Smith's investigation?
        It's not, it is about sending a message to Trump supporters - we are watching you...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          ...it is about sending a message to Trump supporters - we are watching you...
          trump.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It's not, it is about sending a message to Trump supporters - we are watching you...
            And since Ox is a perfect example of someone suffering TDS, he can't say anything bad about Jack Smith or his investigative methods, so he'll either ignore the subject moving forward or he'll try and make an excuse for it. Though I'd be highly surprised if he even bothered to try the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
              Accounts that like posts on twitter is publicly viewable information. Least amount of fascism ever.
              It's not just the publicly viable information that the fascists are after...

The U.S. government requested and received the metadata for accounts connected to, and in alignment with, President Donald J. Trump.

That’s billions of billions of datapoints on millions of American citizens, their locations, their devices, their ip addresses and ultimately their real identities and connected activity as attributed to -and connected with- their connected social media accounts. Essentially, turning Donald J. Trump into the center of a surveillance virus.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-we-will-face/

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Ox, I try to stay out of your dealings here as you're dogpiled, but what you quoted isn't about Trump. Liking a post by Trump or retweeting a post of his is not a crime. The request is a massive invasion of privacy and infringement on freedom of speech. That you are so blinded not to see this is sad. The same people who decried the PATRIOT Act are giving thunderous applause to the suppression of speech.
                Goodness, it's about the investigation of Trump, at least the text MM quoted in the op was.bl I wouldnt have said anything about except that is in fact what the quoted excerpt was about. Here, let me remind you of what the quoted box was even though it is strutting right there in the post:

Source: quoted box

Special Counsel Jack Smith, in a search warrant sent to X, formerly Twitter, requested a vast swathe of information about the account of former President Donald J. Trump, as well as information on the millions of accounts that interacted with it — even those that liked a tweet by Trump in the timeframe of October 2020 to January 2021.

The heavily redacted search warrant requests a list of all users who liked or retweeted posts from Trump between October 2020 and January 2021, including “all associated logs and metadata,” which could cover location data. This extraordinarily expansive request would result in data on millions of American users being turned over to the DOJ.

[...]

The warrant also requests all IP addresses associated with Trump’s account, and a list of all devices used to log in to it. This means that any staffer or aide who logged into the account would have the information divulged to the special prosecutor.

All information on Trump’s “connect” and “notification” tabs was requested, as well as all search history, blocks, mutes, and even drafted tweets.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/...-donald-trump/

© Copyright Original Source

Now, yes, this is also about the fact the information is requested about those interacting with Trump. But hey, if you are a person seen interacting with a murderer prior to his commission of a/the murder, the police are going to likely want to talk to tou about that interaction to learn what if anything the murderer said to you. In this case, they want to know who Trump was in contact with. Perhaps to determine if the claims he had no prior knowledge of those planning to riot at the Capitol are true.

Anyway- my comment is simply Trump has earned the investigations into him and his contacts that are ongoing.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

And since Ox is a perfect example of someone suffering TDS, he can't say anything bad about Jack Smith or his investigative methods, so he'll either ignore the subject moving forward or he'll try and make an excuse for it. Though I'd be highly surprised if he even bothered to try the latter.
                  I'm glad you see the need to talk about me so much, but really, you should try to stay on topic. Perhaps maybe even focus on dealing with the content of my comments if you don't think they have merit.

Indeed, when was the last post I talked about my opinion of YOU over the content of your post? How can you be so superior to me when in fact the only one here stooping low in terms of underhanded and sideways personal attacks is you?
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's not just the publicly viable information that the fascists are after...

The U.S. government requested and received the metadata for accounts connected to, and in alignment with, President Donald J. Trump.

That’s billions of billions of datapoints on millions of American citizens, their locations, their devices, their ip addresses and ultimately their real identities and connected activity as attributed to -and connected with- their connected social media accounts. Essentially, turning Donald J. Trump into the center of a surveillance virus.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-we-will-face/

​​​​
                    It will be up to a judge to determine if those requests for data are overreach. Simple fact is, if you are on the internet, what you say or do on public sites is public data. If you want your privacy, don't get on the internet. I do not do any of the big public facing social media. In fact, this is my only social media presence.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-30-2023, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you see the need to talk about me so much, but really, you should try to stay on topic. Perhaps maybe even focus on dealing with the content of my comments if you don't think they have merit.

Indeed, when was the last post I talked about my opinion of YOU over the content of your post? How can you be so superior to me when in fact the only one here stooping low in terms of underhanded and sideways personal attacks is you?
                      Yeah, if you were interacting with said person on the day of the murder, sure you would be interrogated. Or if you had extensive contact with the murder suspect that would also happen. Simply complimenting him at some point in the past wouldn't lead to that. What they are doing here is closest to the last option. Liking a post on social media means you agree with some aspect of what they said, or found it funny, and not that you endorse the person as a whole. It doesn't mean you are closely linked to the person. Now, if you were in their contacts list and had regularly messaged them, then you would have reason to investigate but that's not what they asked for.

Comment

It will be up to a judge to determine if those requests for data are overreach. Simple fact is, if you are on the internet, what you say or do on public sites is public data. If you want your privacy, don't get on the internet. I do not do any of the big public facing social media. In fact, this is my only social media presence.
                        No, that's not how that works. There is a reason doxxing is taken so seriously online and laws are constantly being adjusted about online information collected by websites. You still have a right to privacy even if you are online in some form. That you are willing to toss away everyone's rights on the matter just to "get Trump" shows just how much blind hate you have for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It's called freedom of speech, or lack thereof.
                          Yeah, so who is taking away anyone's freedom of speech rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And yet it is Joe and the Democrats, and not President Trump, who are abusing the power of the government to punish their political opponents. In fact, when President Trump had the power, he graciously chose not to seek prosecution against his biggest political enemy at the time, Hillary Clinton. The Democrats then returned the favor by subjecting him to endless nothing burger investigations and impeaching him twice for false accusations.
                            How soon you forget. Trump pressured Comey to lay off of General Flynn, he had Bill Barr to drop cases in Washington DC for which the Prosecutors ended up resigning in protest. He had Michael Cohen sent back to prison after he was released because he didn't want him writing a book. He fired Jeff Sessions for not obeying unconstitutional demands made of him. He temporarily fired Bill Barr, putting Jeffery Clarke in his place because Barr wouldn't carry out his electoral fraud schemes.
                            The Justice Department under the Biden administration is not controlled by Biden like it was by Trump. The Justice dept. Is independent as it is meant to be, and is going after Trump et.al. because they conspired to overthrow an election, not because Biden ordered it. It really can't be helped that you are to ignorant to recognize the legitimate reason for the investigation into the many criminal acts committed by Trump. That's on you, and the DOJ doesn't need Biden to direct them to prosecute Trump and his mob of criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

How soon you forget. Trump pressured Comey to lay off of General Flynn, he had Bill Barr to drop cases in Washington DC for which the Prosecutors ended up resigning in protest. He had Michael Cohen sent back to prison after he was released because he didn't want him writing a book. He fired Jeff Sessions for not obeying unconstitutional demands made of him. He temporarily fired Bill Barr, putting Jeffery Clarke in his place because Barr wouldn't carry out his electoral fraud schemes.
                              The Justice Department under the Biden administration is not controlled by Biden like it was by Trump. The Justice dept. Is independent as it is meant to be, and is going after Trump et.al. because they conspired to overthrow an election, not because Biden ordered it. It really can't be helped that you are to ignorant to recognize the legitimate reason for the investigation into the many criminal acts committed by Trump. That's on you, and the DOJ doesn't need Biden to direct them to prosecute Trump and his mob of criminals.
                              Jim what are you going to do if Trump wins again? Which he probably will...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

Yeah, so who is taking away anyone's freedom of speech rights?
                                Musk's freedom of speech and the millions of users whose metadata was requested when they committed no crime. The Left isn't liberal as no liberal would support such massive intrusion of privacy and such a chilling effect on speech.
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment