Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN: More Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You mean Comey's statements that Trump was not a subject of investigation and that THE NEW YORK TIMES story alleging repeated contact between Russia and the Trump campaign was almost entirely wrong? Are those the statements you're referring to? And let's not forget that according to Comey, much of what gets reported by the mainstream press is not just wrong but "dead wrong". Yes, I can totally see why you think Trump's innocence is in doubt.

The only smoke here is of the "smoke and mirrors" variety as Democrats con their low-info voters with baseless conspiracy theories. You really should be embarrassed that you've fallen for it.
    MM, you are only capable of taking in what you want to see, nothing else computes. Don't worry though, its only mental, a good psychiatrist could help. Trump himself was not a subject of investigation, but his campaign was, and that being the case means that Trump could end up being tied to it. According to Comeys testimony, if only your senses didn't shut down when he explained it, there was a debate within the FBI hierarchy as to whether they should tell Trump that he was, or that he was not, a part of the investigation into his campaign. Some thought that because it was Trump's campaign, that he should be told that he was under investigation, others thought that, since he was not a direct target, that he shouldn't be told he was under investigation. But in the end they decided it best to tell him that he was not being investigated, only to later have to tell him that he was. So that was the answer Comey gave Trump, he told him "you are not under investigation." Its subtle, I know, but if you try, even you can figure it out.

Trumps innocence is in doubt, and will be until the investigation is over and the Special Prosecutor and Congress make that determination. Trump had you pegged right from the beginning MM, he was talking about you when he said that he could shoot a innocent pedestrian in broad daylight and you'd find a way to defend him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Mr. rogue06

May i suggest that you go to the overview of the Civics 101 forum and press this button if you want to discuss Hillay Clinton?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22727[/ATTACH]
      May I point out that this is not your thread so mind your own business?

Further, as I noted, and in spite of Jimmy's denialism, it was part of Comey's testimony although I can understand why liberals want to pretend it wasn't and are desperate to sweep it under the rug.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        May I point out that this is not your thread so mind your own business?

Further, as I noted, and in spite of Jimmy's denialism, it was part of Comey's testimony although I can understand why liberals want to pretend it wasn't and are desperate to sweep it under the rug.
        I do not assume you need to be the owner of a thread in order to be allowed to suggest something rather obvious. Take it as a good advice. The constant return to Hillary in Trump context makes it look as if you have got nothing of substance.

Comment

I do not assume you need to be the owner of a thread in order to be allowed to suggest something rather obvious. Take it as a good advice. The constant return to Hillary in Trump context makes it look as if you have got nothing of substance.
          Take a look at it from another angle. Your constant whinging about it makes it look like it's a sore point for which you have no good answer, and would rather it go away.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Take a look at it from another angle. Your constant whinging about it makes it look like it's a sore point for which you have no good answer, and would rather it go away.
            A new thread is not likely to make it go away...

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              He also said it would be good if you could let Gen. Flynn go. Thats hardly wishing that his associates are found out.

Comment

Wow... And you claim you are not grasping for straws???
                If he took it as an order, why didn't he obey it? Or report it? He had a duty to do one or the other. Yet he did neither. Because it was NOT an order.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  When a superior tells a subordinate that he "hopes" something will be done, he is not expressing a desire, but an expectation.
                  Here's the deal. Even if Trump told him to drop the Flynn case, it would not be illegal. Trump has the legal right to do that. It would not be obstruction of justice. It would LOOK like favoritism and it probably would be but it would be completely legal for him to do so.

Now if he tried to stop an investigation that might lead back to him, that could be obstruction of Justice.

But Flynn was a completely separate incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    If he took it as an order, why didn't he obey it? Or report it? He had a duty to do one or the other. Yet he did neither. Because it was NOT an order.
                    Not an order in the traditional sense. But the intention was the same. That is why Trump did not use the word "order". I fail to see why this is so hard to figure out. Since it was something he took as an order, if he reported it he would probably be confronted with the logic that you and MM apply. That is the smartnes of Trumps move. Can you please explain why it needed to be said when no one else was present if it was just a wish?

Comment

Not an order in the traditional sense. But the intention was the same. That is why Trump did not use the word "order". I fail to see why this is so hard to figure out. Since it was something he took as an order, if he reported it he would probably be confronted with the logic that you and MM apply. That is the smartnes of Trumps move. Can you please explain why it needed to be said when no one else was present if it was just a wish?
                      If Trump DID order Comey to drop the investigation, it would have been completely LEGAL. I fail to see why this is so hard to figure out.

He probably wanted to talk to him alone because it was a sensitive matter, he had other things to talk about, and there were already plenty of leaks in the white house. Trump didn't know that Comey was one of them. I am not a mind reader and neither are you.

Comment

• Flynn wasn't part of the campaign huh? Thats a good one Sparko. He was only out there campaigning every day, but he wasn't a part of the campaign! You Trumpians are all the same. Sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Because he's not an idiot, thats why. He didn't obey it because he knew it was wrong, and an abuse of power on the Presidents part. He couldn't report it to the Atty Gen. becasuse he too was under investigation. Besides, Comey did nothing wrong, he didn't agree to drop the investigation, but neither did he say he wouldn't, he merely said yes, Flynn is a good man, giving Trump the impression that he might drop it. Trump didn't order him to drop the case immediately, so Comey did nothing wrong in not dropping it right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Because he's not an idiot, thats why. He didn't obey it because he knew it was wrong, and an abuse of power on the Presidents part. He couldn't report it to the Atty Gen. becasuse he too was under investigation. Besides, Comey did nothing wrong, he didn't agree to drop the investigation, but neither did he say he wouldn't, he merely said yes, Flynn is a good man, giving Trump the impression that he might drop it. Trump didn't order him to drop the case immediately, so Comey did nothing wrong in not dropping it right away.
                            I haven't seen spin like that since the last tornado that blew through my area.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              oh so now he couldn't report it because the whole government except for him was corrupt. wow Jimmy.

if it were an order he should have either followed it, or objected to it to Trump and reported it.

Comment

A new thread is not likely to make it go away...
                                It would be, however, an attempt to divorce it from this matter, to which it clearly relates (despite your protests).
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment