Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN: More Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Stop making stuff up MM. Comey clearly stated that he took the Presidents comment as a directive.
    As the saying goes: You can always read it in the same way that the devil reads the Bible.

But of course it does not make it any more true.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain​ View Post
      Stop making stuff up MM. Comey clearly stated that he took the Presidents comment as a directive.
      Yes, but when pressed on the point, he had to concede that Trump's statement didn't constitute an order.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yes, but when pressed on the point, he had to concede that Trump's statement didn't constitute an order.
        Wow... And you claim you are not grasping for straws???

Comment

Unlike Valerie Jarrett's Loretta Lynch's order to mischaracterize the FBI's investigation into Hillary's scandals, which he obeyed.
          Last edited by rogue06; 06-11-2017, 10:12 AM. Reason: wrong name

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Unlike Valerie Jarrett's order to mischaracterize the FBI's investigation into Hillary's scandals, which he obeyed.
            Hillary again. Here we go...

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Hillary again. Here we go...
              It was part of his testimony which the left is eager to ignore.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And you are eager to use it in a context in which we are discussing Trump. So if anyone is playing a tactical game, you are among them.

Comment

If your boss asks you to please do what ask of you, then the words themselves may not constitute an order, but we would all know that in fact they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    If your boss asks you to please do what ask of you, then the words themselves may not constitute an order, but we would all know that in fact they do.
                    Really? Last week my boss asked if I could stay late. I couldn't and I didn't.

Comment

Unlike Valerie Jarrett's Loretta Lynch's order to mischaracterize the FBI's investigation into Hillary's scandals, which he obeyed.
                      Thats not the case we are discussing rogue, and even if you want to argue that he was wrong in the one case, that doesn't make him wrong in the other. Besides that, regardless of L. Lynches directive, if you will, Comey didn't obey that request either as far as I can recall, he called it an investigation from the onset, and when re-opened he said the investigation into Hillary's e-mails was back on again.
                      Last edited by JimL; 06-11-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Thats not the case we are discussing rogue

Comment

No it wasn't part of his testimony, he's not in charge of the hearing or what questions are relevant to the case. The Republicans have been demonizing Clinton for 30 years and are using the hatred that they created of her to rally the Republican base.

Comment

• Mr. rogue06

May i suggest that you go to the overview of the Civics 101 forum and press this button if you want to discuss Hillay Clinton?

new.png
                            Last edited by Charles; 06-11-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              Wow... And you claim you are not grasping for straws???
                              How is it grasping at straws to refer to Comey's testimony given under oath?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain​ View Post
                                Trump never asked him to do anything, and Comey conceded under oath that Trump's statement wasn't an order. This is all public record.

Comment