Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'The Sound Of Freedom' - Child Sex Trafficking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

How odd that no one started a thread about that!
    Perhaps because most of us here don't watch the deranged bow-tied (or did he give up that shtick after his time on CNN) monkey known as Tucker Carlson?

But if he's pushing a degenerate womanizer (and human trafficker from what the accusations sound like) like Tate then he has fallen far lower than the last time I've really watched anything from him aside from snippets that pop up on my social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You still haven't stated your point of you bringing up Tucker/Tate. Are you trying to do a guilt by association? Are you trying to get people to reflexively defend Tate/Carlson?
      It seems like his is, I don't think he understands that most of us here don't have any love for him, aside from SeanD.

Comment

How odd that no one started a thread about that!
        Ask starlight. He could have easily started one. I already let him know I was willing to boycott Tate and Tucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Perhaps because most of us here don't watch the deranged bow-tied (or did he give up that shtick after his time on CNN) monkey known as Tucker Carlson?

But if he's pushing a degenerate womanizer (and human trafficker from what the accusations sound like) like Tate then he has fallen far lower than the last time I've really watched anything from him aside from snippets that pop up on my social media.
          That is not really the point. Given your concerns about trafficking why have you never started a thread on Tate or indeed human trafficking in general? Or were you unaware of the trade prior to your Damascene moment in the cinema?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

That is not really the point. Given your concerns about trafficking why have you never started a thread on Tate or indeed human trafficking in general? Or were you unaware of the trade prior to your Damascene moment in the cinema?
            Gond's OP is mainly that the Left is trying to associate the film with Q-anon without any evidence of association with Q-anon in the film. Why would Rolling Stone want to downplay a film about sex trafficking?
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

You seem quite upset about the movie. Is it because you're a pedo? I think it's because you're a pedo.

Comment

You seem quite upset about the movie. Is it because you're a pedo? I think it's because you're a pedo.
                I merely asked you a question.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Gond's OP is mainly that the Left is trying to associate the film with Q-anon without any evidence of association with Q-anon in the film. Why would Rolling Stone want to downplay a film about sex trafficking?
                  I do not think the article is downplaying the subject matter. From my reading of the Rolling Stone article it is the way that subject matter is presented in the film. However, I have not seen the film.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I do not think the article is downplaying the subject matter. From my reading of the Rolling Stone article it is the way that subject matter is presented in the film. However, I have not seen the film.
                    Per the article:

rather than delusion by fomenting moral panic for years over this grossly exaggerated “epidemic” of child sex-trafficking,

Sounds like down playing to me.
                    Last edited by Diogenes; 07-16-2023, 08:50 AM.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I merely asked you a question.
                      No, you exposed just how upset the movie makes you, as has the rest of your rants throughout this thread.

Comment

Of course you don't. a real pedo supports the article, precisely because it downplays the subject matter, and thus would not want to admit that it does so.

Comment

Per the article:

[BOX]rather than delusion by fomenting moral panic for years over this grossly exaggerated “epidemic” of child sex-trafficking,
                          Sounds like down playing to me.[/QUOTE]

I have not seen the film. You presumably have so how does it present the level and incidence of child trafficking? Is it an epidemic?
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

No, you exposed just how upset the movie makes you, as has the rest of your rants throughout this thread.
                            You are somewhat droll.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Sounds like down playing to me.
                              I have not seen the film. You presumably have so how does it present the level and incidence of child trafficking?[/QUOTE]

I was speaking to the Rolling Stone article downplaying sex trafficking to portray the film at least as Q-anon adjacent without demonstrating how the film was Q-anon adjacent besides the topic of the film being chid sex trafficking.
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I have not seen the film. You presumably have so how does it present the level and incidence of child trafficking?
                                I was speaking to the Rolling Stone article downplaying sex trafficking to portray the film at least as Q-anon adjacent without demonstrating how the film was Q-anon adjacent besides the topic of the film being chid sex trafficking.[/QUOTE]

In context:

Ballard himself has dabbled in Q-adjacent conspiracy theories, such as the Wayfair trafficking hoax, while his organization has far-right affinities and a long record of distorting its botched “raids,” which rely on bizarre tactics like asking psychics where to find victims for rescue. Ballard, Caviezel, and others of their ilk had primed the public to accept Sound of Freedom as a documentary rather than delusion by fomenting moral panic for years over this grossly exaggerated “epidemic” of child sex-trafficking, much of it funneling people into conspiracist rabbit holes and QAnon communities. In short, I was at the movies with people who were there to see their worst fears confirmed.

Two of the links take you to hoaxes. And once again, is this trade an "epidemic"? The UN raised concerns during the Covid pandemic about children becoming more vulnerable.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/07/1096682

Highlighting how the COVID pandemic has pushed as many as 124 million more people into extreme poverty, the UN chief insisted that “many millions” have been left vulnerable to the scourge.

Half of victims in low-income countries are children, Mr. Guterres noted, just ahead of the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, adding that most are trafficked for forced labour.

Criminals everywhere are using technology to identify, control and exploit vulnerable people

However some of us are aware that the trade in human trafficking exists and has done so for a very long time.

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment