Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

For all you conspiracy theorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I hereby allow you to use the rogue crafted term "nincompoopiehead" in future conversations. Yes. You should indeed feel honored. Use it responsibly. Or not. It isn't like I ever did.
    Hey, why does the rat get that special dispensation? I mean he doesn't even keep his cage clean!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Hey, why does the rat get that special dispensation? I mean he doesn't even keep his cage clean!
      Well, he would keep his cage clean, but...Meh.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Well, he would keep his cage clean, but...Meh.
        But what - he is a rat after all!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          I'm a Count, not a saint...
          And so contrite, too.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            Sorry, I couldn't listen to all of that.
            Meh.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              And so contrite, too.
              Always.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                The Count de Monet (count da money)?
                It's a line from The Count of Monte Christo.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So, in 4 pages someone (me) actually read the article.

Mr Levashov is subject to a US international arrest warrant and a Spanish court will hear whether he can be extradited.
                  Much of his alleged activity involved ransomware - blocking a computer's access to certain information and demanding a ransom for its release.

Mr Levashov's wife Maria told Russian broadcaster RT that the arrest had been made in connection with allegations that Russians had hacked the US presidential election.
                  She said Spanish police had told her the arrest was in connection with "a virus which appears to have been created by my husband and is linked to [Donald] Trump's victory".

However, Agence France-Presse news agency quoted a source close to the matter in Washington as saying that Mr Levashov's detention was "not tied to anything involving allegations of Russian interference with the US election".
                  So Washington denies it has anything to do with the election, and the sole source that it does (his wife) says as little that a virus he made "was linked" to it (IE: someone else using it would be a link). Another nothingburger, even by the usual progressive conspiracy theorists (but I repeat myself) nothingburgers' standards.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    All I can say is thank you Mr. Putin! But it is only business as usual:
                    Trump agrees with you. He even asked for Putin's help in hacking Hillary's emails. Your loyalty to your country in supporting a known enemy of the US and general all-round bad man is truly wondrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron​ View Post
                      Trump agrees with you. He even asked for Putin's help in hacking Hillary's emails.
                      No he didn't, you willfully ignorant dumbass.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Trump agrees with you. He even asked for Putin's help in hacking Hillary's emails. Your loyalty to your country in supporting a known enemy of the US and general all-round bad man is truly wondrous.
                        It is because I love my country that I did not want Hillary in (can you say Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch). And Trump did not ask Russia to hack her e-mails.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          So, in 4 pages someone (me) actually read the article.
                          The BBC have changed the article but kept the same link - they no longer mention election hacking in the headline or as prominently as before.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            The BBC have changed the article but kept the same link - they no longer mention election hacking in the headline or as prominently as before.
                            The 'election hacking' is an odd claim.
                            It seems dangerously imprecise for the media to make that claim.

The problem with being so imprecise is that it is easy to refute the claim that the election was hacked (it wasn't); however, when you use that term to refer to possible collusion of Trump with Russia to release emails those concerns lose credibility. The media isn't handling this in a serious and responsible way which means if Trump is involved in wrong-doing it is going to be easier for him to get away with it.
                            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                              The 'election hacking' is an odd claim.
                              It seems dangerously imprecise for the media to make that claim.
                              Pressure of getting the story out as quickly as possible? It's not unusual for breaking news to be retracted or updated as further details occur, and this may be such a case.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Pressure of getting the story out as quickly as possible? It's not unusual for breaking news to be retracted or updated as further details occur, and this may be such a case.
                                I don't know if polling stations being hacked was ever a real story.
                                I think they muddled the Podesta hack and its impact on the election into an 'election hack'.

You'd think with 24/7 coverage on cable that they could take a few moments off from breathlessly vomiting partisan politics to actually define a couple of terms.
                                Maybe not.
                                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment