Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

One World Government - the Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's all a part of growing up or as the current generation calls it "adulting."
    Given the "adults" I have encountered throughout my life, I'm not so sure about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      It’s time to get a grip on reality.
      Feel free to come back when you have attained that.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Given the "adults" I have encountered throughout my life, I'm not so sure about that.
        One of the first things you realize after growing up is that the kids you knew who were idiots when they were kids are for the most part still idiots -- just older.

That, and naps are not your enemy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One of the first things you realize after growing up is that the kids you knew who were idiots when they were kids are for the most part still idiots -- just older.

That, and naps are not your enemy.
          I was one of those idiot kids who grew up to be a highly respected and beloved valuable member of society.

(shut up, Rogue!)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I don't see how someone can actually say with a straight face that WEF is a right-wing organization when they so obviously push things like climate change policy. I guess you can believe SL is that ignorant about WEF, but I highly doubt he's that ignorant.
            Not that ignorant, that far left. To him everyone else is a right-winger, especially left-wing Americans.

Starlight......................................... ....................................Stalin........ .......European Lefwingers........................American Leftwingers....................................... ........................................American Rightwingers

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I was one of those idiot kids who grew up to be a highly respected and beloved valuable member of society.

(shut up, Rogue!)
              [*Looks up from thumbing through the family album -- where mom kept all our arrest reports*]

Huh? What did you say?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are you referring to the case where FBI agents literally paid people to come and talk about overthrowing the government, which resulted (IIRC) in at least one of the agents being dismissed?
                You sound like an Adam Fox sympathiser. He’s one of yours I suppose.

Comment

[*Looks up from thumbing through the family album -- where mom kept all our arrest reports*]

Huh? What did you say?
                  That the terms of our various paroles prohibit us from being within 3 states of each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

You sound like an Adam Fox sympathiser. He’s one of yours I suppose.
                    I have no idea what an Adam Fox is but it is uncontestable that they had to pay the air/train/bus fare and provide rooms for several if not most of them in order to get them to even attend. Further, it appears that there were roughly twice as many FBI informants involved in the plot than people they could talk into going along with it.

Further, even some in the liberal media realized this stunk to high heaven

Check out this report from BuzzFeed, which AllSides rates as Lean Left to Left: WATCHING THE WATCHMEN

An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

A longtime government informant from Wisconsin, for example, helped organize a series of meetings around the country where many of the alleged plotters first met one another and the earliest notions of a plan took root, some of those people say. The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

[Another informant] rose to become its second-in-command, encouraging members to collaborate with other potential suspects and paying for their transportation to meetings.

When you have to pay the transportation costs and hotel bills to get someone to come they weren't exactly hyped up over the whole thing. And then they worked them into a frenzy and then arrested them for it.

Effectively the FBI informants created the conspiracy and used entrapment to make arrests[1]

Prior to paying their transportation costs and hotel bills there was absolutely no evidence that these folks would ever do more than grumble and grouse -- which at least for now is still legal to do. But these guys pushed and prodded, stirred things up and got them all worked up where they started talking about doing stupid things.

As an aside, three of the FBI agents were removed from being prosecution witnesses after they were either themselves arrested (like the head of the operation), or have a history of perjuring themselves, or were using the whole alleged plot to further his own security business: https://www.thecentersquare.com/mich...cb278be6d.html

The former lead FBI agent credited with foiling the plot, Richard Trask, was arrested on a domestic violence charge after allegedly smashing his wife’s head into a desk after leaving a swinger sex party and was later fired.

A second FBI agent, Henrik Impola, also won’t be testifying after he was accused of perjury in a separate case, Buzzfeed News reported.

Buzzfeed reported that Jayson Chambers, another agent, used the Whitmer plot to promote his side security consulting firm called Exeintel.

Btw, Buzzfeed also uncovered that they even provided military training for those they were drawing into their plot.

The crux of the case is whether the five alleged extremists or the FBI fueled the plan. Buzzfeed reported the FBI helped start the plot, recruit members, and pay travel costs, while other reporters found one informant even led military training as part of the plot.

Defense attorneys claim that there would be no plot without the FBI's money and support.

"The agents here drove the informants' communications with the defendants, and the agents shaped the informants' assertions, statements, and claims," another filing says.

In December 2021, FBI informant Stephen Robeson was charged with defrauding a couple, claiming to donate an SUV to an anti-child sex trafficking nonprofit that didn't exist, Buzzfeed reported.

Court records and interviews obtained by Buzzfeed say Robeson recruited members, organized and surreptitiously recorded meetings, and paid potential member travel expenses. But less than two weeks before law enforcement arrested the alleged kidnappers, prosecutors charged Robeson with illegally obtaining a .50 caliber rifle since federal law prohibits convicted felons from buying firearms. However, he's skipping the typical sentence for a recidivist convicted felon of 10 years in prison via a plea deal of time served plus probation.

In court documents, Robeson's lawyer claimed the FBI authorized Robeson on Dec. 26 "to otherwise engage in illegal conduct."

Basically, it was an FBI-created plot worked up by criminal or corrupt agents with the help of criminal or corrupt informants and that effectively led to not guilty verdicts for four of the five accused

Source: No convictions for defendants in Michigan Gov. Whitmer kidnapping trial

A federal jury failed to convict four men accused of plotting to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, whom they despised for the restrictions she ordered early in the pandemic.

The panel in Grand Rapids considered charges againstDaniel Harris, 24, Adam Fox, 38, Barry Croft Jr., 46, and Brandon Caserta, 33, all charged with conspiracy.

All but Caserta are also charged with knowingly conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction against persons or property, in an alleged plot to slow responding police.

Croft and Harris were also charged with possession of an unregistered destructive device. Harris was charged with possession of a semi-automatic assault rifle that wasn't registered to him.

Harris was found not guilty of all four charges, but jurors could not reach verdicts in charges against Fox and Croft. The judge declared a mistrial in those counts.

Caserta was found not guilty of conspiracy.

"Obviously we're disappointed in the outcome," U.S. Attorney Andrew Birge said outside court on Friday afternoon. “We thought that the jury would convict beyond reasonable doubt based on the evidence we put forward.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It's what happens when crooked FBI agents concoct a plot and then pay others to hang around and talk about it with them.

1. In the U.S. entrapment is still forbidden. Now, that said, you can set up a situation that might be a ripe target for those wanting to break the law.

Bait cars are an example. They are left unlocked in areas were auto theft is common as an enticement and when someone enters the car and tries to steal it the police swoop in and arrest them. There have even been TV shows dedicated to showing crooks stealing the car (hidden cameras inside the car) and their reaction when the car is remotely stalled, the doors locked and the car surrounded by several police cars lights flashing.

But they aren't allowed to lead someone over to the car and encourage them to steal it.

Same with police disguised as streetwalkers (prostitutes who work the street). They can talk with any guy that stops and initiates a conversation, but they can't start that conversation and they can't initiate any talk about sex for money. It has to all be the "john's" (customer's) idea.

Similarly with terrorism, you don't find folks who are upset and then purposely work to radicalize them in order to call them terrorists.

Comment

1. In the U.S. entrapment is still forbidden. Now, that said, you can set up a situation that might be a ripe target for those wanting to break the law.

Bait cars are an example. They are left unlocked in areas were auto theft is common as an enticement and when someone enters the car and tries to steal it the police swoop in and arrest them. There have even been TV shows dedicated to showing crooks stealing the car (hidden cameras inside the car) and their reaction when the car is remotely stalled, the doors locked and the car surrounded by several police cars lights flashing.

But they aren't allowed to lead someone over to the car and encourage them to steal it.
                      This reminds me of a story I heard years ago: There was a garbage collector strike in a certain locality right around Christmas. So one family had the brilliant idea of packing their garbage into boxes adorned with wrapping paper and bows, and then leaving the "gifts" in their unlocked car at the mall while they went to the food court for lunch. They came back 30 minutes later to find that thieves had graciously taken all the garbage with them.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This reminds me of a story I heard years ago: There was a garbage collector strike in a certain locality right around Christmas. So one family had the brilliant idea of packing their garbage into boxes adorned with wrapping paper and bows, and then leaving the "gifts" in their unlocked car at the mall while they went to the food court for lunch. They came back 30 minutes later to find that thieves had graciously taken all the garbage with them.
                        On the other hand, when I ran my computer business, I would often have to make multiple stops in NW Houston picking up parts, including those big CRT monitors. I would always tape the box shut (without even opening it) and write in big fat black marker "1993 tax receipts" or something similar. I never ever had any computer equipment stolen from my van, even in areas known to be "high crime".

Comment

Same with police disguised as streetwalkers (prostitutes who work the street). They can talk with any guy that stops and initiates a conversation, but they can't start that conversation and they can't initiate any talk about sex for money. It has to all be the "john's" (customer's) idea.

Similarly with terrorism, you don't find folks who are upset and then purposely work to radicalize them in order to call them terrorists.
                          And we did a bunch of sting operations when I was PoPo, including the infamous "you won a brand new color TV Console, and all you have to do is come pick it up" stings. It was amazing how many greedy criminals (those from our warrant list whom we could not otherwise catch) would show up to claim their TV.

All they had to do was show a valid ID to claim their prize, at which point we informed them of their rights. Not one single case was ever disputed, and we suspect it's because the criminals didn't want to admit they were that stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Not that ignorant, that far left. To him everyone else is a right-winger, especially left-wing Americans.

Starlight......................................... ....................................Stalin........ .......European Lefwingers........................American Leftwingers....................................... ........................................American Rightwingers
                            I don't buy it. I used to think he was just a terribly misinformed person, until I recently deduced from past experiences with him that he's just a chronic liar and partisan hack. But, okay, I'll abide by tweb rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              I don't buy it. I used to think he was just a terribly misinformed person, until I recently deduced from past experiences with him that he's just a chronic liar and partisan hack. But, okay, I'll abide by tweb rules.
                              I'm not quite there yet, but moving in that direction, as he seems repeatedly to ignore facts presented to him, and continue arguing as if he had never been made aware of false assumptions on his part. The only other explanation is that he's not very smart, and I really don't buy that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm not quite there yet, but moving in that direction, as he seems repeatedly to ignore facts presented to him, and continue arguing as if he had never been made aware of false assumptions on his part. The only other explanation is that he's not very smart, and I really don't buy that.
                                He'll also frequently omit parts of a person's post. He's done this sometimes even mid-sentence or at a comma. That's just a straight-up deceptive tactic, which further supports my belief he's just not an honest person.

Comment