Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

One World Government - the Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I have the relatively normal leftwing views on them. Namely, I'm suspicious of rich people who are trying to make themselves richer and who are hiding that desire behind alleged good intentions.

And that's where I don't find your argument to be at all plausible. The kinds of people involved in WEF are CEOs of multinationals. Experience tells us that to the extent those people have political views that those kinds of people are libertarian and neo-liberal in their politics: They want less government regulation of themselves. To the extent they successfully influence politics it is always in the direction of the government doing less to stop them exploiting others and making money.

So when you insist they (a) have a dogmatic ideology, and (b) are leftwing, and (c) want more government... I just roll my eyes. All three of those are inconsistent with the known facts. And the idea that rich elites running multinationals are leftwing is a huge joke.

You can say they are often liberal on some social issues, sure, but that's just their libertarianism. But on the economy they want lower taxes and less government, not economic leftwing things.

I call it 'pseudo-wokeness' and indeed them being liberal on a few social issues is indeed a common tactic they use to try and get leftwingers on side while hiding the fact that they are economically far-right.

Nope. I think they don't matter. I think they'd like to have significant influence, but don't. I think the average run of the mill corrupt lobbyists have a lot more impact that WEF does as an organisation.
    I guess I just don't buy your very rigid black and white view of politics. Anyone who runs a business is not a "real" progressive seems to be your position. All the rich celebrities that tout liberal views are not real progressives. What about Cenk U, Bernie Sanders, Jacinda Ardern? Are they not real progressives because they have a lot of money? You seem to think anyone with a lot of money can't be a "real" progressive and that's just ludicrous to me. But if the "no true scotsman" is what shapes your opinion about WEF, then more power to you. But one of your main errors seems to be your erroneous impression that WEF is ONLY made up of just billionaire CEOs. There's a whole spectrum of WEF members, including academics, scientists, government leaders, pop culture infuencers, media people and celebrities, etc. Biden is a member as well as several members of his cabinet. Ursula von der Leyen who runs the EU, as well as Christine Lagarde who runs the ECB are members. Most of the leaders of the G7 countries are members. They have enormous influence in the world, from politics to economics to western culture in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

You're probably the most dishonest person I've encountered on this forum, and the fact you have to laughably affirm to us all how honest you are practically underscores that (I'm a super duper honest person ). There are a lot of people that edit, scramble, fracture posts, but I've not encountered very many that omit parts of posts. I also don't even believe you're a scientist. You're too dumb and don't display logic and reason that I would expect is required of a scientist. In fact, you display logic and reason I would would expect from maybe an adolescent. But there's always the possibility I'm grossly overestimating what it takes to be a scientist.
      This brings to mind the joke:

Q: What do you call the person who graduated last in his class at medical school?
      A: Doctor.

There are a lot of educated idiots in the world, and I'm sure the science profession isn't immune to them.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This brings to mind the joke:

Q: What do you call the person who graduated last in his class at medical school?
        A: Doctor.

There are a lot of educated idiots in the world, and I'm sure the science profession isn't immune to them.
        There are many cases of even Nobel Prize winning scientists being absolute idiots when you get them out of their area of expertise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          There are many cases of even Nobel Prize winning scientists being absolute idiots when you get them out of their area of expertise.
          Considering the Nobel Prize is not the prestigious award it is often touted to be, that's not surprising.

Comment

Considering the Nobel Prize is not the prestigious award it is often touted to be, that's not surprising.
            In some fields, such as the Peace Prize, it has been nothing but a joke for some time, but in the sciences, that's a different matter.

What it demonstrates is that someone can be a genius in one area and a nut case in others

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're probably the most dishonest person I've encountered on this forum, and the fact you have to laughably affirm to us all how honest you are practically underscores that (I'm a super duper honest person ).
              Trust me, I'm Honest Abe!

There are a lot of people that edit, scramble, fracture posts, but I've not encountered very many that omit parts of posts.
              As I said, I'm often pull out a section to which I want to respond, but do my best to make sure it's not "out of context", and anybody can click the hyperlink to see the total text to which I was responding.

also don't even believe you're a scientist. You're too dumb and don't display logic and reason that I would expect is required of a scientist.
              Sadly, all it takes these days is sitting your butt in the right seat for the right number of hours, and just about anybody can get a degree in anything. But, the "logic" part -- yeah, that's problematic.
              If you think about it, though, there's another rather notorious "scientist" posting here who tends to find the evidence to support his conclusions, rather than the "science way" of looking at the evidence and allowing it to tell you want to believe.

In fact, you display logic and reason I would would expect from maybe an adolescent. But there's always the possibility I'm grossly overestimating what it takes to be a scientist.
              Perhaps. Sadly.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Didn't OBAMA get a Noble (honoring KJP) prize just for being elected POTUS?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

More for his ability to read a teleprompter. He said a lot of nice things during his campaign, and the Noble committee said they gave him the award as an encouragement to actually keep his campaign promises... which, for the most part, he didn't.

Comment

IIRC, they said it was for all that he was about to do.

Comment

IIRC, they said it was for all that he was about to do.
                      Yup, something goofy like that.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee announced the award on October 9, 2009, citing Obama's promotion of nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations fostered by Obama, especially in reaching out to the Muslim world.

Comment

Though this isn't the place for this discussion, it isn't as cut and dry and you're making out to be. If you've been paying attention, there's an "interfaith" movement that's been happening in Israel led by pope Francis; an alliance between Christian, Muslim and Jew, and it's been ongoing for years now. Also, the dome of the rock mosque doesn't necessarily have be torn down, as the Temple can apparently be built alongside it. The resistance of this from a Jewish perspective is the belief it must be built by the messiah being present. But if we assume there's going to be a false christ...
                        Ok, you found one Jewish guy who thinks it can be done. The Muslim guy they talked to flatly rejected the idea. Look, I get the idea of the antichrist boogeyman. I was raised on it. It just doesn't square with reality. Like at all. Neither Jews, Christians, nor Muslims are anything like unified amongst themselves; the idea that one man could unite all of them together in a common purpose beggars belief. Further, satan is a figure of chaos and confusion, not unity.

Instead of all that convoluted fearmongering of questionable provenance, how about you just live each day as if Christ could return at any moment, in repentance and fear of God, not letting the sun go down on your wrath, and leave it at that?

ETA: The Dome of the Rock is not a mosque; it just happens to be built directly over the spot formerly occupied by the Holy of Holies.
                        Last edited by One Bad Pig; 12-30-2022, 10:35 AM.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Instead of all that convoluted fearmongering of questionable provenance, how about you just live each day as if Christ could return at any moment, in repentance and fear of God, not letting the sun go down on your wrath, and leave it at that?.....
                          I grew up with all the charts and graphs and timelines, and all the sequence of events that must happen first, and we are on that timeline....

I don't believe there is anything that needs to happen "first" before Christ returns. I believe he could come before I finish this sentence.

Comment

I grew up with all the charts and graphs and timelines, and all the sequence of events that must happen first, and we are on that timeline....

I don't believe there is anything that needs to happen "first" before Christ returns. I believe he could come before I finish this sentence.
                            Even Jesus didn't know the hour he would return, so it's a given that none of us will be able to predict it. In fact, he says it will be when we least expect it. One theory I've read is that it will be during a time of global peace and prosperity when everybody is saying, "Well now, things aren't so bad." Certainly nobody would expect Jesus to return then. People always think it's going to be when things are at their worst!

Comment

Even Jesus didn't know the hour he would return, so it's a given that none of us will be able to predict it. In fact, he says it will be when we least expect it. One theory I've read is that it will be during a time of global peace and prosperity when everybody is saying, "Well now, things aren't so bad." Certainly nobody would expect Jesus to return then. People always think it's going to be when things are at their worst!
                              I just know that I always keep a towel within arm's length when I'm in the shower.

Comment

I just know that I always keep a towel within arm's length when I'm in the shower.
                                After finishing showering and discovering I didn't bring a towel with me, thereby forcing me to sprint through the bedroom to the laundry room, wet and in a cold house one too many times, I now keep a spare towel there for emergencies.

Comment